Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I think we're being very unlucky here, sure we've been disjointed at best, mediocre at worst but they've had a massive slice of luck pie with both the goals - that's football sometimes. Yet again, in spite of our best efforts, the stats prove that we're far from being blown away. GP needs to change things a little (in order to keep 11 on the pitch) but we're not that bad - we've hit them on a good day and a lucky one too.

Move on - win the second half and re-mobilise for the next hugely challenging game.

It's only a chuffing game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Several are really struggling here because they haven't got the first touch to cope with Uniteds speed of pressing. Burn, Maupay and Propper in particular. Mooy and Gross have two of the best first touches in the club and would help us here, i think we need one on for Maupay or Connolly soon - and we should have started like that

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Our full back situation is pretty dire to be honest. We shouldnt be relying on a CB on the left and Montoya isn't really at the level we need if we want to progress. Would expect at least one of those issues to be rectified in the Jan window.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Montoya and Burn having shockers. Propper & Stephens having poor games. It’s pretty clear. The pace is hurting us and we’ve not been ourselves with the passing etc. Bad day at the office, no need to panic.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We’re not playing that bad, was just a mixture of panic and huge slice of luck for both goals.

We get a goal back and everything changes. Keep the faith lads

You watching the same game ?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
We may be matching utd, but god we're not playing well. Get on our game and we could have got something from this. Probably the least threatening we've played this year.......strange how our expectations have changed this season???

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
4 yellow cards and barely a bad tackle has been made. I know it’s probably a broken record but I do feel we seem to get exceptionally unlucky away to the bigger teams, 2 very lucky goals and not much else has happened. We’ve not been great collectively but got to feel unfortunate to be 2-0 down.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and 2 flukey goals don’t help - especially as one should have been ruled out.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We n ed to totally change things at half time not wait until 70 minutes.
We have let them in and they have 2 goals they did not work for.
United are really not that good but we have made them look better than they are.
Use the subs, change the formation,step up the pace and get in on them.
We are going to lose anyway playing like this so may as well change it now.
It's a toothless performance so far, we can play so much better.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I don't think we look completely outclassed, I just think there's the usual starry-eyed panic - the same as we always have at big grounds away from home.

A good half time talk, a couple of subs, and some belief would be nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here