Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not sure if it's been said, but from the only angle that showed it from the opposite side, it looked fairly certain that the initial ball was won by Maguire's arm for the second?

Did the VAR studio just think nah **** it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Propper best player for me. But my word what an anticlimax this has been. We look very poor.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Just haven't turned up so far. Destroyed at Man City, Played off the park by Chelsea. Comfortably 2nd best all over the pitch today.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just haven't turned up so far. Destroyed at Man City, Played off the park by Chelsea. Comfortably 2nd best all over the pitch today so far.

How surprising, smaller clubs getting outplayed by big teams with huge budgets away from home. In other news, the titanic sunk.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Poor half.

They are a very bad fit; all their few strengths collide with our weaknesses.

Our chance today was/is to dominate the game and we have failed. Burn, Montoya and Trossard are all under 70% pass completion and you dont win football games when that is the case. We lose possession easily and every time you have Rashford-Martial-James against our defenders it is bound to be a horrible situation.

I expect one or two half time subs.

Out of interest did Potters teams have issues with yellows/reds in Sweden (and Swansea).

We’ve been a bit unlucky with yellows but we’re starting to see a pattern emerging.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Dunk missing against Leicester will be tough, hopefully there are no reds the way Moss is dishing cards out

Was thinking the same myself - looks like we will see Balogun in the starting line up for that one then with Webster expected to be out too ! Wonder what the chances are of Bernardo being fit so that Burn can go central and Bernardo on the left ?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I agree, except Propper has been our best player so far, Burn, Maupay and Montoya haven't had the best half. bookings have been a bit harsh, but its Manure at OT so to be expected.

I'd bring on Mooy for Stephens and Gross for Maupay and Solly for Montoya maybe

Propper has been our best when he's had time on the ball, but struggled when he hasn't. Trossard is taking up positions too far from the midfield and thus is missing.

Montoya had been fine, he's struggled a couple of times when Rashford has run at him, but jeez, who wouldn't when he's in this mood

I'm going to blame Potter here so far I'm afraid. That selection is wrong. Keep the pace on the bench and play your best ball players in the middle, the ball needs to stick when we're knocking out around because they are on us so fast. But with that front 3 there aren't enough outlets in the centre so the defence keep going long and maguire is eating them up

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
No complaints from me. United got a lucky first goal but worth their lead. Albion not taking chances. Potterball was always going to have games like this. Can’t see a way back unless we take a half chance to peg it to 2-1

I agree. But Potter got the formation wrong for this IMO.

Needed to match up with Utd midfield wise. I did say it somewhere earlier in the week perhaps on the Trossard thread.

However, all of that said he’s not been helped by an inept midfield who have starved the forwards of the ball. Propper has not won one challenge yet and Stephens is completely off....

Trossard and Alzate look pointless at the minute....

Very difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not sure if it's been said, but from the only angle that showed it from the opposite side, it looked fairly certain that the initial ball was won by Maguire's arm for the second?

Did the VAR studio just think nah **** it?

It’s pretty outrageous and we really ought to appeal VAR decisions like this.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Potters just too cocky away to big teams. No way in a million years should we be going 442 away to utd. Play mooy instead of maupay or Connolly and we would have had different game This was sadly very predictable.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I don't think we look completely outclassed, I just think there's the usual starry-eyed panic - the same as we always have at big grounds away from home.

A good half time talk, a couple of subs, and some belief would be nice.

We haven't played well but the ref and VAR seem determined to give everything to the bigger team.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How surprising, smaller clubs getting outplayed by big teams with huge budgets away from home. In other news, the titanic sunk.

Man Utd 1 Palace 2

Spurs 0 Newcastle 1

Carry on

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Out of interest did Potters teams have issues with yellows/reds in Sweden (and Swansea).

We’ve been a bit unlucky with yellows but we’re starting to see a pattern emerging.

Swansea had the best disciplinary record in the championship I think, or near too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here