Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United vs Bayern Munich (agg 1-2)

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
As I have no interest in any of the remaining games I am relying on them to entertain me, Barca will do that no doubt however Lyon or Bayern are hardly likely to blow anyone away unfortunately. They may, like Inter, play a system that get's a result but it's unlikely to be as enjoyable as watching teams Arsenal, Man Utd or Real Madrid etc in full flow

Bayern and Lyon have got plenty of quality players. I'm pretty sure Robben just blew utd away there.

Last edited:

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
It's a bummer man

QFlX6LQ2zl9pjm0nSSNy4lFgo1_400.jpg

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hate Arjen Robben, but that goal was absolutely brilliant. For some reason Beglin didn't wet himself over that like he did Gibson's strike that the keeper didn't even move for.

ITV = shite.
I think a lot of it is down to ITV paying a shed load of money for the TV rights, and losing the last English team from the competition will effect viewing figures.

....and Beglin is a berk.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Why won't Bayern entertain you? I think they've got some cracking players and their fair share of flair.

because they are not english?
because they are german?

personally, im looking forward to the bayern v lyon game more. mourinho will just try and stifle barca, which will mean boring, defensive football. munich and lyon will both be expecting to win and will both go for it - and i will have my boot firmly in louis camp

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Could we, if at all possible, have a person who can ask some decent post match interview questions, that little post match interview with Sir Alex was SHITE! WHY BOTHER!!

And calm..

(and do a little dance of joy about the result)....

Unfortunately, Gabriel Clark is just about the only TV pundit in football that Ferguson enjoys up his backside, so never asks anything interesting.

Bayern's midfield = very underrated. No surprise they won really when you look at Ribery Van Bommel Schweinsteiger and Robben versus the likes of Park, Fletcher and Carrick.

Cracking game that.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Why won't Bayern entertain you? I think they've got some cracking players and their fair share of flair.

They might well do, will have to wait and see. Would just have preferred it, and had far more interest in it, had it been be Arsenal or Man Utd.

Re the sending off, it looks like the ref goes straight to his pocket way before any Bayern players got near him to complain

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Plenty wear the green and yellow scarf WITH a current replica shirt

Isn't the real Irony wearing a Green & Yellow Newton Heath scarf - a local team set up by local Lancashire/Yorkshire railway workers designed to play locally, against local sides supported by local people.

You couldn't make it up!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Agreed, Utd haters are just a bunch of mindless sheep. No one should celebrate an English club going out of Europe against a foreign side (but let's not have that whole fugging debate again).

My dad's bigger than your dad.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agreed, Utd haters are just a bunch of mindless sheep. No one should celebrate an English club going out of Europe against a foreign side (but let's not have that whole fugging debate again).

Why is one a mindless sheep for believing that Manchester United have damaged English football at a lower level and played a large part in ensuring that only a select few teams shall ever compete for major honours?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Brilliant :lolol: Come out with a ridiculous statement like that then say let's not have that debate again :lolol:

I refer you to my comments on the other 200 threads on here about United in Europe over the years, usually something along the lines of 'Contrary to popular belief Manchester United do not represent a threat to the very existence of professional football in this country' and similar CM bollox thrown in the direction of the mindless anti Utd sheep.

Classic ITV commentary "Both Ferdinand and Vidic have been penetrated twice tonight"

:thumbsup:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Does this jeapardise the premier leagues 4 champions league places? Now that would be funny.

That'd take a year or two of all the English teams doing GACK in both the CL and EL. Rather like how the Scottish teams have been causing them to likely lose their second CL place :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why is one a mindless sheep for believing that Manchester United have damaged English football at a lower level and played a large part in ensuring that only a select few teams shall ever compete for major honours?

Go to bed BOF. I'm off to watch Road Wars - let's hope it's not a fuggin repeat!

Nighty night.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I refer you to my comments on the other 200 threads on here about United in Europe over the years, usually something along the lines of 'Contrary to popular belief Manchester United do not represent a threat to the very existence of professional football in this country' and similar CM bollox thrown in the direction of the mindless anti Utd sheep.

Against. Head. Bang. Wall.

:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here