Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United versus Arsenal - The Poll

Who do you want to go through to the final?

• The Red Devils

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • The Gooners

Votes: 69 69.7%

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's ironic that the more English teams reach the semi's the more sympathetic I feel towards the foreign team, and I definitely want Barca to beat Chelsea.

For all the anti-Utd sentiment here it should be remembered that Ferguson has historically had a decent British spine about his teams and this year is no exception - Foster, Neville, Rio, Evans, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick and Rooney are all in / around the squad - unlike Arsenal and Chelsea.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not saying I agree with club sides packed with players from different countries, I don't. You definitely lose something. United and more recently Villa and Spurs seem to understand that you need a core of English players.

But is leading Prem League/European clubs having loads of foreign players (at least under permanent contract) any worse than Coca Cola League clubs having teams full of loan players? Can't see the difference in principle, myself. Still no strong link with the club, and arguably even less.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you look at a side like Stoke it is no wonder the fans give them such good vocal support. The squad and manager are settled and have a togetherness that the Albion once had under Adams and, later, McGhee that this bunch have never had.

We can only hope that some sort of team spirit is forged in the heat of the relegation battle we now find ourselves in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have thought the momentum at the moment is with Arsenal. They are certainly coming into form at the right time and crucially for England Walcott is back at his best.

So I would go with Arsenal, however a team that would beat Chelsea( as i think they will roll Barcelona over) would probably be Man United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here