Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United versus Arsenal - The Poll

Who do you want to go through to the final?

• The Red Devils

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • The Gooners

Votes: 69 69.7%

• Total voters

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Manchester United 100%. Arsenal are not an English team, you will get one Englishman in their team if you are lucky, and United are the complete opposite, with the spine of their team consisting of homegrown players.

I will always support English teams in Europe, but no longer regard Arsenal as one of these.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Not Man Utd either. They started with three English players. Arsenal, for the record, started with just two.

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Sorry some of you feel that way about arsenal,remember chelea were in div 2 in 88-89 ish and look at the support they have,i feel our club have a classy way of doing things even if some of our players dont. We're the only team in the top 4 without a sugar daddy and in my humble opinion we have played some of the best football this country has ever seen and unless im wrong were the last team to win the league with a completely british squad -so i say a man u barca final

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Arsenal may not have many English players, but I have more respect for the way the club is run. Wenger makes very few signings and when they are made, he is right on it to make sure they aren't paying over the odds. Whilst Utd have a good youth system, they seem to buy whoever they want (Ferdinand, Carrick, Berbatov, Rooney, Tevez, Hargreaves) all the time. Arsenal are the weaker of the two because the club is run in a more honest way, that's my opinion. Arsenal for me.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
A no-brainer for any proper football fan surely?

Which team in the last four:

is owned by its fans?

has a president who is elected, and can be kicked out, by the fans?

has the best player in the world in the lineup?

has only ever promoted a charity on its shirt?

was a focus of opposition to fascism and dictatorship for many decades?

plays head-on attacking football from the first whistle to the last?

As Freddie Mercury and Montserrat Caballe so eloquently put it....

YouTube - Barcelona-Freddie Mercury/Montserrat Caballe-Ibiza Ku Klub

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As has been said it is The Champions League , not and runners up,so only the champions should take part so it has to be Man Utd.

At least if it is a Barcelona v Man Utd final both teams were their countries champions.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There are few things in life more satisfying than seeing that blotchy, morose scottish (unt sucking the big one on a crushing defeat in a big game. And I would SO love to see that oily pilchard showpony crying (ideally from a snapped cruciate).

Yes please Arsenal.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Champions League - The Champions.

That's the 1999 title scrapped then.

The Utd pedalled 'homegrown' player ideal does make me laugh.

Since the golden generation, lets have a look at their English players shall we

Wayne Rooney - bought for £28m
Rio Ferdinand - bought for £30m (most expensive defender in the world)
Michael Carrick - bought for £18m
Owen Hargreaves - bought for £18m

A team of 5 or 6 Englishmen looks great on paper, but when you realise that none of the younger generation are Utd trained, its just another example of how Utd and Chelsea are able to stifle any sort of fair competition in the Premiership.

Additionaly, their best current young players are Italian and Brazilian.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I said on the other thread Man U because they've got more British/Irish players. But actually I couldn't give a f*** either way.

EDIT: But I want Barcelona to win the whole thing as they're a PROPER club not a corporate money-factory.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
That's the 1999 title scrapped then.

The Utd pedalled 'homegrown' player ideal does make me laugh.

Since the golden generation, lets have a look at their English players shall we

Wayne Rooney - bought for £28m
Rio Ferdinand - bought for £30m (most expensive defender in the world)
Michael Carrick - bought for £18m
Owen Hargreaves - bought for £18m

A team of 5 or 6 Englishmen looks great on paper, but when you realise that none of the younger generation are Utd trained, its just another example of how Utd and Chelsea are able to stifle any sort of fair competition in the Premiership.

Additionaly, their best current young players are Italian and Brazilian.

Wise words :clap:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Arsenal are a joy to watch when you watch them live. They play like people play using FIFA or PES. I hate all Man U fans at work and the ones I have grown up wth whilst supporting Brighton at Gillingham. They all love Ryan Beckham, Wayne Giggs, Paul Ferdinand and Dimitar Cantona. Pissed me off!!!

Allez L'Arsenal

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
I hate the way people compare Manchester United to Chelsea.

Yes they are now both incredibly rich, but in my opinion United have earned this, while Chelsea were simply given money by a Russian multi-billionaire. Yes United now have rich foreign owners too, but the bed-rock of their success over the last 15-20 years has been their excellent youth system.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I hate the way people compare Manchester United to Chelsea.

Yes they are now both incredibly rich, but in my opinion United have earned this, while Chelsea were simply given money by a Russian multi-billionaire. Yes United now have rich foreign owners too, but the bed-rock of their success over the last 15-20 years has been their excellent youth system.

Chelsea became the monster they are today because of Utd. In the early nineties the disparity between Utd and the rest was relative to what it is now in the case of the big four and the rest. Who else could have paid £7m for the best striker in the country?

Yes the youth set-up was good - the fact that the golden grooup began to flourish as money pured into the game held Utd put a stranglehold on the game.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
the bed-rock of their success over the last 15-20 years has been their excellent youth system.

What that be their youth system that PINCHED every half decent schoolboy in the land (and now the world) for peanuts? That is what is entirely wrong about it, it's as if people really think their youth system trained completely average young lads from Manchester into top quality players!

Don't get me wrong i appreciate the quality of coaching will be very good but I'm sure 80% of the lads on their books are not local, they just pinch them when their so young that the fines will be peanuts!

Then if the players turns out to not be good enough for them chances are they'll make their outlay back by selling to a club they should have been with in their youth anyway!

WANKERS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here