Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United V Liverpool

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well I dont know how King Kenny can bleat about the penalty.

He seems to forget that (pre prem league when Liverpool actually competed regularly at the TOP of the table) Liverpool were ALWAYS getting dodgy penalties amongst other decisions. in fact coming away from Anfield not having suffered a dodgy decision or two was a result in itself. So the tables have turned. Utd/Chelsea whoever get them now. Reap what you sow. Didnt hear Liverpool harping on in the late 70's and 80's. They LAPPED up the dodgy decisions.

In fact it took till we played them in the Cup in 1991 to get a penalty awared at Anfield. That was the first penalty awarded to the opposition in about 10 years.

Last edited:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Well I dont know how King Kenny can bleat about the penalty.

He seems to forget that (pre prem league when Liverpool actually competed regularly at the TOP of the table) Liverpool were ALWAYS getting dodgy penalties amongst other decisions. in fact coming away from Anfield not having suffered a dodgy decision or two was a result in itself. So the tables have turned. Utd/Chelsea whoever get them now. Reap what you sow. Didnt hear Liverpool harping on in the late 70's and 80's.

In fact it took till we played them in the Cup in 1991 to get a penalty awared at Anfield. That was the first penalty awarded to the opposition in about 10 years.

Yeah just after losing at OT to your fiercest rivals because of pretty much a pathetic decision, from a ref who isn't a stranger to the old trafford decision trade, your just going to say, to be fair we had our fair share back in the day. Be realistic mate.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Howard Webb's kids have come to his defence about accusations of being a United fan. The Sheffield based referee, who has given United four penalties in his last six matches at Old Trafford, and who was referred to as 'The Webbster' in Sir Alex Ferguson's program notes, has had the full backing of his sons Alex, Bobby, George, Nobby, Eric and Cristiano

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yeah I'm sure that was his thinking at the time, idiot.

Yes, I'm absolutely CERTAIN that it was. Glad you agree.

Presumably he was less than impressed with Fabio (or the other one)'s challenge seconds before, but he absolutely looked like he was trying to make a point with his challenge. You could see it in his face. The intent, I'm sure wasn't actually to injure Carrick, but it was definitely to 'let him know who was boss'.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
'let him know who was boss'.

brucespringsteen.jpg

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The commentators seemed to think his thought process was more to show his teammate who backed out of the rafael challenge that he shouldn't. Though I thought it was more revenge for the rafael one.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I'm sure if it was a BHA vs Palace player it would be all great passion etc

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sure if it was a BHA vs Palace player it would be all great passion etc

Did you see the thread about calderon's recent red card? Sure there were some fans saying it was a good tackle, just some are arguing in another thread that the rules for red cards for fouls are ruining the game, but the majority of people said the red card was deserved.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
How can anyone argue about the red card? Townsend's analysis on that rubbish ITV roundup last night was up there with any of Claridge's "expert" analysis. Why are ITV rehashing an argument they had during the live show with Chiles and Southgate throwing opinions around? Townsend was adding nothing new, nothing interest, and nothing sensible.

Agger's challenge was stupid on Berbatov, what do you expect? From where the referee was it must have looked an absolute stone-waller, and when the linesman didn't perk up and say oh hang on old boy, that's a dive... what do you expect? It wasn't a penalty and we can tell that from the dozen camera angles we've seen. What did you think at the time? Watching it live, I said penalty straight away. Only replays prove it, but they don't have them. Be fair to Howard Webb, he didn't shirk the big decisions and he is the best referee in the country.

[edit]What a weird bug on NSC, Claridge's has been posted twice, despite my only writing it once. Quote me, you'll see! Not a bizarre grammatical error.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How can anyone argue about the red card? Townsend's analysis on that rubbish ITV roundup last night was up there with any of Claridge's "expert" analysis. Why are ITV rehashing an argument they had during the live show with Chiles and Southgate throwing opinions around? Townsend was adding nothing new, nothing interest, and nothing sensible.

Agger's challenge was stupid on Berbatov, what do you expect? From where the referee was it must have looked an absolute stone-waller, and when the linesman didn't perk up and say oh hang on old boy, that's a dive... what do you expect? It wasn't a penalty and we can tell that from the dozen camera angles we've seen. What did you think at the time? Watching it live, I said penalty straight away. Only replays prove it, but they don't have them. Be fair to Howard Webb, he didn't shirk the big decisions and he is the best referee in the country.

[edit]What a weird bug on NSC, Claridge's has been posted twice, despite my only writing it once. Quote me, you'll see! Not a bizarre grammatical error.

When I saw the penalty for the first time I did not think it was a foul and therefore not a penalty.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I was loving every minute of the scouse Scums suffering. When Gerrard got sent off i was sent into delerium it doesn't get better than that. Other than the Albion winning anyway.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I was loving every minute of the scouse Scums suffering. When Gerrard got sent off i was sent into delerium it doesn't get better than that. Other than the Albion winning anyway.

Pretty sad then really aren't you.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Has anyone else likened Dalglish's return to Keegan at Newcastle? Got the fans crowing about passion coming back and all that but forgot the team wasn't very good and passion makes no difference

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Pretty sad then really aren't you.

I reckon half the country would love to see Liverpool relegated, some of it is probably jealousy because of what the club have achivieved through the years, I would love it if they were relegated it may also do the fans and the club some good,bit of realisation for them that they are no longer a force in the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here