Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Manchester United v Barcelona *** Official Thread ***

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
btw, did the ref blow his whistle at all last night? All I remember was a completely free flowing game.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why? Were the City fans celebrating too much and the old bill started getting silly? Surely it was not with Manure fans in Manchester?

City fans were giving it large, and everyone had had a few scoops so the United started going toe to toe to ensure they had 'respect'.

With tickets at a minimum of £150 each, many United boys were priced out of going, especially as the club had given priority to the JCL and Prawn Sandwich brigade, so the pubs were full from about 6pm.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
City fans were giving it large, and everyone had had a few scoops so the United started going toe to toe to ensure they had 'respect'.

With tickets at a minimum of £150 each, many United boys were priced out of going, especially as the club had given priority to the JCL and Prawn Sandwich brigade, so the pubs were full from about 6pm.

But why would United fans go all that way to simply watch the match in a Manchester pub. You would have thought they would have wanted to see it with their own kind in Cornwall or Surrey.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But why would United fans go all that way to simply watch the match in a Manchester pub. You would have thought they would have wanted to see it with their own kind in Cornwall or Surrey.

That is just a tedious stereotype.

Oct 25, 2003
barcelona were just too good weren't they?

it's very easy to say that united shouldn't have given messi/xavi/iniesta that much room, but their movement is out of this world, and if you do continuously close those 3 down all game, there will always be another player free to do some serious damage

best club side i've ever seen by MILES

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No it isn't, as much as I would like it to be.

It certainly seems as though the Mancs fan base is Surrey based. Obviously it isn't, but after every Manc win Guildford is awash with those shit red shirts. Strange thing is-I haven't seen one today.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It certainly seems as though the Mancs fan base is Surrey based. Obviously it isn't, but after every Manc win Guildford is awash with those shit red shirts. Strange thing is-I haven't seen one today.

United are the default team for armchair fans who haven't paid their dues, but sadly in Manchester too there are more United than City fans.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Where do you go from Barca or Real? Will Messi be there in five or six years time? Will Ronaldo still be at Real? When you've played for either of those two the only way is surely down.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
United are the default team for armchair fans who haven't paid their dues

5423-423-large.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here