Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We didn't threaten their goal once, did we? A good containment job in the main, right out of the Hughton playbook.

Not how I saw it. Hughton would have had 11 defending. I didn’t feel that was a backs to the wall performance. Some decent possession around their penalty area. Didn’t get a clear cut chance but that can happen. It was a clear improvement on recent games. The passing was crisp and the tempo much quicker. Looking forward to Leeds.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In recent times he has learnt how to set up the team to contain e.g. paying 5 central defenders.. He made a mistake against Arsenal being so defensive though. I'm not criticising his tactics or the performance today. We were still pretty toothless upfront though and i we don't sort that out we are in deep, deep trouble.

Bloody hell, you are in South Africa, I would have expected you to be very excited about what Tau could bring. He was fabulous tonight just a week or so after arriving at the club. Chin up, he could be exactly what we need against lesser teams

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Mostly brilliant performance, most teams won’t come away with a 1 nil loss from there. If you don’t want the lads to stay up after that then you have no soul. Really made them sweat, they even had 11 men behind the ball at times.

Tau looked very good, fitted in seamlessly. Great to see.

Why didn’t the ref add on another 30 seconds on at the end? Didn’t we have more than that added on in the Manchester United and Newport County games?

Edit: Lescock - what a prick!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck to Manchester City at the weekend. I hope they play a lot better than we allowed them to tonight.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
I have a feeling he’s smarter than you however.

Go on, give us a ‘Porter out’..

Why would I say Porter? Potter is a feckless idiot like you mate.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You might have expected more tonight, I didn’t

For once you and I agree.

No poll tonight I notice but for me that's an "in credit" Potter night. The players picked looked weak as all hell but performed really well and Tau was well used, Ironically, the subs were the right changes and yet did not perform. Potter can only bring March and Maupay on at the time he thinks won't kill them, he can't chip easy finishes or take corners for them.

I'm also very much "Sanchez in". Plenty criticising his angles for their goal but Foden literally sent three defenders to the shops*. An England player 20 yards out with no close down or pressure is going to pick his spot.

It was another "good performance, yet close but no cigar" night, but given it was City away a couple of days after being kicked round a rugby pitch for 120 mins, with no Lamptey, Lallana or Connolly, that's decent enough.

Credit to Potter but please let's beat Leeds. That really is a battle of the coaches. Most of their players are Championship standard at best.

*As in literally three of them were sent. If they did go to the shops I bet our Phil is still waiting for his 20 B&H and copy of Razzle

Last edited:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
What was said?

5Live directly quoted about 3 stats about our defence straight off the OP from NSC, with the host asking the pundit if it is our defence not attack that is more of a problem. Pundit went for the lack of Brighton goals response which funnily enough is the exact opposite of the opening post of the thread. Think the thread starter got a shout out too.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
5Live directly quoted about 3 stats about our defence straight off the OP from NSC, with the host asking the pundit if it is our defence not attack that is more of a problem. Pundit went for the lack of Brighton goals response which funnily enough is the exact opposite of the opening post of the thread. Think the OP got a shout out too.

Oh wow brilliant. Good on 5 live for being well researched at least.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Bloody hell, you are in South Africa, I would have expected you to be very excited about what Tau could bring. He was fabulous tonight just a week or so after arriving at the club. Chin up, he could be exactly what we need against lesser teams

I don't know about fabulous but he looked an upgrade on this season's Trossard, Maupay and Connolly. Let's hope he knows where the goal is because he sure didn't against Newport. He scores plenty for Bafana Bafana and they are no great shakes in African terms, so that's a positive.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The pathetic screaming from City if Tau had done that prior to their goal would he of got the freekick which on replays was obvious but not to VAR (no surprise there)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fustrating we used a lot of energy and got nothing. How many more times?

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
You seem the real intellectual type.

Definitely a ‘Porter out’.

And you are a keyboard warrior don't bother me again after being a Brighton supporter for 45 years you are a ****ing embarrassment

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here