Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Played really well tonight against top quality opposition.

Same old issues need sorting, decision making in the final third. Fannying about with it when we should be putting through balls erm through.

No disgrace tonight though, proud of the team (and manager)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Other than a gilt edged chance a striker in form would have buried and another that Mac Allister put just over, created nothing :nono:
A guilt edged chance? You mean where we needed a forward capable of lobbing one of the best keepers in the world from 25 yards and didn't get a shot away? Have a day off.

Macallister took a shot from long range. It missed the target.

We created nothing. Classic Brighton. Much better to watch against the good sides. Nothing to show for it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Played well but created absolutely nothing with all that pressure. Toothless without Lamptey

You could have said the same of Manchester City had it not been for one superb finish by Foden.

We were playing one of the best club sides in the world and made them work for it. We earnt the (ongoing) respect of their coach in the process, and Mr Guardiola knows a thing or two about football.

Aug 18, 2013
You could have said the same of Manchester City had it not been for one superb finish by Foden.

We were playing one of the best club sides in the world and made them work for it. We earnt the (ongoing) respect of their coach in the process, and Mr Guardiola knows a thing or two about football.
Err they missed a pen and forced 3 saves out of Sanchez. And Mahrez put a one on one wide
They also weren't chasing the game for 45 mins.

Yeah it was a massively improved performance but ultimately it wasn't good enough because we created **** all

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A guilt edged chance? You mean where we needed a forward capable of lobbing one of the best keepers in the world from 25 yards and didn't get a shot away? Have a day off.

Macallister took a shot from long range. It missed the target.

We created nothing. Classic Brighton. Much better to watch against the good sides. Nothing to show for it.

One of the best keepers who was completely in no man's land, yes he should have scored.

Aug 18, 2013

Guardiola likes us because he always beats us. He was complementary about Hughton too. Our fans lap it up it's hilarious.

We need to take an improved performance and turn it into a result on Saturday

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Excellent performance tonight with 4 of our best players ruled out. A few players are showing they have a role to play, Tau looks excellent, defending set pieces has got better - signs of improvement to build on and start getting the results in the half a season that remains.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Guardiola likes us because he always beats us. He was complementary about Hughton too. Our fans lap it up it's hilarious.

We need to take an improved performance and turn it into a result on Saturday

Indeed. I'd like to hear a rival manager moaning about our undeserved luck in beating his team for a change.

I worry slightly that Trossard turns it on against big clubs because he thinks their managers might then try to sign him.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

What on earth has 'knowing a thing or two about football' got to do with anything?

This is North Stand Chat for goodness sake :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I am a happy chappy tonight. I would like to see Mc Allister and Tau given runs in the team. Sanchez is playing well and getting better. We need to progress now, I would like to see us carrying on with that performance coupled with wins over Leeds, Blackpool, and Fulham then I think I might start to believe in Potter again. Well don lads.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Apt?

Attachments

• F3BBA159-4612-4B93-8694-D30BF964C318.jpeg
    F3BBA159-4612-4B93-8694-D30BF964C318.jpeg
    453 KB · Views: 105

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I worry slightly that Trossard turns it on against big clubs because he thinks their managers might then try to sign him.

Do you know what. Read my mind. I’ve thought the very same thing tonight. Also noted he busted a gut vs Liverpool.

Hopefully he understands that big clubs are going to be watching all his games, so if the case it’s a silly mindset.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you know what. Read my mind. I’ve thought the very same thing tonight. Also noted he busted a gut vs Liverpool.

Hopefully he understands that big clubs are going to be watching all his games, so if the case it’s a silly mindset.

Is he hoping they’ll give him season ticket then, it can’t be signing him. I have more chance of winning the lottery

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

Oh wow brilliant. Good on 5 live for being well researched at least.

An NSC poster emailed 5 Live with the stats, that’s how they got them. Don’t think they searched for NSC.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I haven’t read the thread since the game started but I have two things to say

1) [MENTION=20155]Clive Walker[/MENTION] your ex player contact is either thick or has an agenda if he thinks Potter has lost the dressing room

2) Anyone who moans about that performance needs to seriously consider finding a bigger club to follow

You know what I was watching the game last night and felt exactly the same. I think it's mostly down to respect for the manager rather than a desire to dig out results. I was told that the players are as perplexed as us fans when it comes to selections as GP picks players in positions that have not trained or prepared for that in the days running up to games. The Ryan situation has caused quite a bit of drama.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You know what I was watching the game last night and felt exactly the same. I think it's mostly down to respect for the manager rather than a desire to dig out results. I was told that the players are as perplexed as us fans when it comes to selections as GP picks players in positions that have not trained or prepared for that in the days running up to games. The Ryan situation has caused quite a bit of drama.

Can’t say fairer than that :thumbsup:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Err they missed a pen and forced 3 saves out of Sanchez. And Mahrez put a one on one wide
They also weren't chasing the game for 45 mins.

Yeah it was a massively improved performance but ultimately it wasn't good enough because we created **** all

How many of those chances were straight at him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here