Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tony Adams ;)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Neil Warnock (when he gets the sack next year as Sheffield United are next to bottom, five points adrift of safety).

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Woodchip said:
Why has no-one mentioned Bob Booker? He knows the team, he knows the staff. He might be able to do a job until the end of the season. Just look at Leicester.

No nonononononononononononononononononoooooooo!!!

:nono: :eek: :nono: :eek: :nono: :eek: :nono: :eek: :nono: :eek: :thud:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Denis Wise

he would be a major acquisition for the club

it would also be priceless to see him being welcomed whilst MAgoo gets kicked out of the building and his parking space renamed

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
junior said:
Im fed up with listening to people say "who are we going to get that could do a better job".

And then going quiet when a list of quality mangers is reeled off.

So im starting this thread so whenever that question is asked we can direct the idiots to this thread.

Feel free to add to the list...............

Phil Parkinson
Paul Simpson
Steve Tilson
Glen Hoddle (yes i'd take him over McGhee)
Kevin Keegan
Dean Wilkins

Are you a complete idiot, none of your suggestions show any intelligent thought at all. Firstly, Phil Parkinson, Paul Simpson and Steve Tilson will not want to come to us. Glenn Hoddle is manager of Wolves so why would he go to Brighton. Kevin Keegan will not come to Brighton and I would not want him. Dean Wilkins has never managed or coached at first team level so would be a massive gamble.

The other thing that amuses me is that people put Danny Wilson down. Now Wilson kept a team up against the odds last year and is taking them down this season. How is that better than McGhee is doing.

Mark McGhee :clap2:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Dean Wilkins. We only have his kids, and he appears to get far more from them than Magoo ever can. :clap:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Holloway woudl be great, means we'll have to keep hold of MCGhee until the dispute with QPR is sorted and then we should get him in straight away.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Mick Mcarthy .. he can then borrow MM tracksuit and it would save us on kit !!:wave:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I love this, most people name credible successors and they get shot down in flames as not the right person for the job. This is of course to add to those applicants that we may get that nobody has touted.

Virtually all managers have had promotions and relegations behind them. After this season even MM will have a relegation. So what? It is clear he cant get the best out of the team anymore, his coaching is suspect (non shooting, scoring forward line with a GLUT of 6 strikers alone) and our set pieces are dire etc.

Who is to say that Danny Wilson wouldnt get the best out of our current team...or Holloway or Jim Smith or a Ray and Dean Wilkins team or my mum or Uncle Tom Cobbleys Granny granny??? What is abundantly clear is the current set up is not working. The results speak for themselves. MM is paid to win football matches (like the players) and he isnt.

Why is MM untouchable and Hisnshelwood wasn't?

I will let you in to a little secret...managers come and go. Who is to say that MM wont walk away of his own accord or he may get struck by lightning on the golf course or maybe another club may want him so he leaves like Adams and Coppell, anyway whatever.

So if people want to put forward candidates they can. What amazes me is that people cant see it that if MM was to go, (for whatever reason) we would have lots of applicants which would have at least 3 or 4 geniune decent candidates.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here