Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

man utd v barcerlona

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Dressing it up how exactly?

Stating fair facts for a dislike due to their part in the decline of English football, more like.

Dressing it up would be if there was no just reason, but there are several.

I would if I could speak Spanish, but my understanding is that Barca are a fairly even-handed, well run club who generally have/do contribute more good to Spanish football then Man U have/do to English football.

That's beside the fact I'm far more interested in what goes on here rather than Spain...

It just doesn't make sense, you're supporting a spanish team for the good of english football.

I don't really care, I just found it strange and funny that anyone could think like that.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Dressing it up how exactly?

Stating fair facts for a dislike due to their part in the decline of English football, more like.

Dressing it up would be if there was no just reason, but there are several.

I would if I could speak Spanish, but my understanding is that Barca are a fairly even-handed, well run club who generally have/do contribute more good to Spanish football then Man U have/do to English football.

That's beside the fact I'm far more interested in what goes on here rather than Spain...

What exactly do Man Ure do so wrong, that Barcelona in their respected country don't do?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
It just doesn't make sense, you're supporting a spanish team for the good of english football.

I don't really care, I just found it strange and funny that anyone could think like that.

I'm glad you found it funny because you missed the point.

I'm supporting a Spanish team because I dislike the English team for what they have done to English football.

OK? Quite simple really.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
What exactly do Man Ure do so wrong, that Barcelona in their respected country don't do?

It's not so much what they do wrong, but what they have done wrong.

Read the last thread where had a big debate on this, you'll see. I'm surprised you missed it to be honest.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Difficult one to call but I'd like Barca to win it. I like the fact they have a number of local Catalan boys in the team. Same cannot be said of Man U.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Barcelona are the FLAIR team,and in Messi have unearthed a lesser Peter Ward.So them,7-0.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Conboy in 'spouting drivel about how he hates Man United' shocker.

Hopefully will be a classic, but could easily be a dull 0-0 that goes to penalties.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Conboy in 'spouting drivel about how he hates Man United' shocker.

Hopefully will be a classic, but could easily be a dull 0-0 that goes to penalties.

WW, in 'resorting to sly dig to boost self-importance because he has no sound opposition to the argument' shocker.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
No, it still doesn't make sense, I just don't care enough to 'argue' about it.

Jesus Christ it's so simple.

I'm supporting Spanish team because I dislike English team.

I dislike English team because they have been detrimental to domestic English football.

Them being detrimental to domestic English football results in less enjoyment for me when watching it.

Less enjoyment ='s me more annoyed with people/clubs at fault. I.E MANCHESTER UNTIED.

GET IT!?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Jesus Christ it's so simple.

I'm supporting Spanish team because I dislike English team.

I dislike English team because they have been detrimental to domestic English football.

Them being detrimental to domestic English football results in less enjoyment for me when watching it.

GET IT!?

Well why didn't you just say that in the first place?!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
WW, in 'resorting to sly dig to boost self-importance because he has no sound opposition to the argument' shocker.

Trying to boost self-importance?

Are you for REAL?

This is coming from a teenager who claims that Man United have ruined football, when he actually has no idea what it was like before the Premiership! :jester: :jester:

Oh - and you've already seen me give a balanced argument against your petty one sided agenda, but apparently being well reasoned and fair doesn't constitute a 'sound argument'. :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
How can you have less enjoyment watching Man Utd play?

They have flair throughout their team and are the most attactive English team to watch by a MILE. They are likely to have more Englishmen in their starting line-up than Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool would have.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Trying to boost self-importance?

Are you for REAL?

This is coming from a teenager who claims that Man United have ruined football, when he actually has no idea what it was like before the Premiership! :jester: :jester:

Oh - and you've already seen me give a balanced argument against your petty one sided agenda, but apparently being well reasoned and fair doesn't constitute a 'sound argument'. :dunce:

There go the assumptions again. Unlike you, WW, it appears I have done my research on what football was like before the Premier League and Sky got involved. So where my claims are fact based, yours seem fan based through your defence of Man United. Now I know you don't support Man U, but I'm a right in saying in years gone by you did 'follow' them? If so it might explain any bias you may have.

You did give a 'balanced' argument, OK, fair enough, but it was largely proved wrong by Clapham Gull after our deabte. Shall we bounce the thread so you can reply to it?

Well reasoned and fair would constitute a sound argument if it wasn't proven wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here