Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd 4-3 Manchester City

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
fantastic match, I think there will be lots of these fast flowing, end to end performances between the big clubs this year...best Premiership season in ages

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Spot on! What are the rest of you on? Calling the game corrupt cos it went 90 seconds over - ridiculous! Every match we attend at Withdean when the board goes up the announcer says its a MINMUM time.
City goal celebrations went on so long that there was never any doubt that the 4 mins were going to be extended.
Whats this Manu hating obsession? I thought we were Albion fans?
:hammer:Have you forgotten 1983 and the cheating bastards especially Whiteside already?????????

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
fantastic match, I think there will be lots of these fast flowing, end to end performances between the big clubs this year...best Premiership season in ages

.. and huge mistakes that made at least a couple of the goals.

Before anyone says this game was a great advert for the premiership, it wasn't because quite simply these days you just don't get games like that very often.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Basic poor defending by City for both Fletcher goals

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
How many times!!!!???

Man Citys goal celebrations encroached on allocated time so therefore had to be added. If Owen scored with what was effectively the last kick of the game and the whistle was going to be blown anyway then no time needs to be added!

Is this braindead Sunday or something? :lol:

You just don't get it do you. ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well pleased for Owen getting a goal, maybe we might see him in South Africa after all.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Its not that its corrupt its the ref and the premier league being scared of Ferguson, all the evidence you need is him and the 4th official giggling like little girls thirty seconds after Utd were given enough time to score their winner.

It has happenned before, going back to when Bruce scored those two in injury time to win their first premier title and will go on in the future. Ditto away teams rarely getting penalties at Old Trafford

Maybe because most teams park the bus and never get anywhere near United's penalty area?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You just don't get it do you. ???

Obviously not :shrug:

But MOTD2 just proved me right by timing the events and proving that the ref had the timings spot on to within 1 second.

As I said, whether it be Man U or Accrington Stanley I couldn't give a toss (unless its the Albion and then all reason goes out the window!:lol:) - I was just making the point that the ref did his job and the result was fair and just.

Maybe City should try defending?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
WOW - what a finish from Owen. That was quality. Best finish I've seen in a long time.

And am I right in thinking Sir Alex's victory dance down the touchline seemed to be heading straight for the City fans? With a bit of an "up yours" gesture going on with the arms. FANTASTIC!

It's so obvious you are far too young to have attended the cup final in 1983.

Your loss I'm afraid.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Come on Albion !

The road to success is obvious.

Just get a ref who'll keep playing until you're in front.

Et voila.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
f***ing Man City :laugh:. How dare they try to outclass United.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I thought it was a great game. If I was a City fan id be pissed off with the amount of added time, but im not, so im not pissed off.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
:hammer:Have you forgotten 1983 and the cheating bastards especially Whiteside already?????????

Of course, and one should not forget what happened that day, but exactly who in the current Man U set up had/has anything to do with that day, 26 years ago

It's so obvious you are far too young to have attended the cup final in 1983.

Your loss I'm afraid.

I am not too young, far from it, but I feel no loss whatsoever, Jesus, it was 26 years ago, against a team that bear no resemblance to the current team.

I hate Orient, but that is because Scott McGleish plays there, after he leaves and goes somewhere else to score goals against us, I'll hate that team. When he retires from playing, I'll still think he is a wanker, but I'll get over it with the teams he's played for.

Likewise I don't hate the Germans, although I would have done in say 1942, or 45. I have no problem with the Romans, even though they mashed up England pretty bad in AD43, and the French in 1066, but it was in the PAST and carried out by people who are no longer around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here