Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man Utd 4-3 Manchester City

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Where did 4 minutes come from in the first place ? I don't recall the trainers coming on in the 2nd half. And then to add another couple of minutes on top of that as well ?

No wonder that lot are so universally despised outside of their own media-brainwashed morons.

30 seconds per subsitution isn't it? there's 4 minutes, Plus other delays, goal celebration (1 min at least), time wasting etc. Seemed a little extended, but it is a "minimum", but to call it corrupt is pretty stupid. The ref would have had a time to end it in his head, and he worked to it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'd like to see the number of games Man U have won deep into injury time at Old Trafford and compare that to other teams, say over the past 10years......any Stattos up for the challenge?

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
90 minutes. Minimum of four minutes added, takes us to 94mins.

1.5 minutes for man city's celebration, takes us 95.5min.

Goal in 95.5min. Man utd celebrate equally as heartily. So we should have an extra minute and a half. Do we?

No, kick off, city pressed back, they play it forward whistle goes.

If you add on time for city's celebration time should be added on for utd's. It wasn't. That is why people are complaining.

Of course it wasn't added on, the ref got the result he wanted

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
30 seconds per subsitution isn't it? there's 4 minutes, Plus other delays, goal celebration (1 min at least), time wasting etc. Seemed a little extended, but it is a "minimum", but to call it corrupt is pretty stupid. The ref would have had a time to end it in his head, and he worked to it.

The first half of our game yesterday saw 4 goals and at least two occasions where the trainers were on for a fairly extended period tending to Southends rather fragile players. Time added on for that ? 3 minutes.

Yet they somehow find an additional SIX minutes at OT today, when there were zero injuries to tend to. How do you think Fergie would have reacted were roles reversed ?

Go figure.

Adopted Brightonian

Jan 31, 2009
Brighton/Northampton
90 minutes. Minimum of four minutes added, takes us to 94mins.

1.5 minutes for man city's celebration, takes us 95.5min.

Goal in 95.5min. Man utd celebrate equally as heartily. So we should have an extra minute and a half. Do we?

No, kick off, city pressed back, they play it forward whistle goes.

If you add on time for city's celebration time should be added on for utd's. It wasn't. That is why people are complaining.

Not true.

City scored when there was still injury time to be played. Therefore their minute and a half of celebration ate up a minute and a half of the injury time.

Man United scored right at the end of injury time, when there was no more time due. Therefore their celebration time didn't eat into any playing time. So why on earth should they have put on an extra minute and a half for that?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
arwor,

please do us all a favour

and f*** off.

Thank you.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Interesting how no-one on here is deconstructing the Chelsea game that is on right now. A game being played by a team with self admitting cheats playing, yet no-one is getting on their backs.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Interesting how no-one on here is deconstructing the Chelsea game that is on right now. A game being played by a team with self admitting cheats playing, yet no-one is getting on their backs.

I f***ing hate Drogba.....does that help?

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Who is the self admitting cheats? Stevie G? Rooney? Or do we try to find a cop out to deflect attention and blame those ruddy foreigners and their corrupting ways.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
City celebrated for at least 1.5 mins, then there was the substitution, thats 30 secs, it should have finished at 96.00.
Goal scored at 95.26, so its all fair.

Jordanseagull - the same people will ignore late goals for other teams - just don't try and explain it to them. 4 minutes means at least four minutes added time and he added more for exactly the reasons you give.

Man United hammered on the City goal for the whole of the second half - it's not surprising they scored at the end. A City draw would have been a joke.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Think you may find some interesting evidence in the near future being used by Chelsea to end all charges!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I f***ing hate Drogba.....does that help?

Yes, yes it does.

I'm a born and bred Chelsea fan and also hate drogba,f***ing cheat.:angry:

It is a crime that he has not been banned for life, along with the Chelsea All-England diving team, but he just scored a corker against Spurs

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Who is the self admitting cheats? Stevie G? Rooney? Or do we try to find a cop out to deflect attention and blame those ruddy foreigners and their corrupting ways.

Drogba, confessed to cheating on a live interview, and said he would continue to do it as it is part of the game. One of the Coles I seem to recall one of them admittig to taking a dive from time to time (Joe I think).

Rooney, Gerrard etc don't admit to it, not that I have heard. If indeed they do cheat, at least they have the decency not to take the piss out of the fee paying customes and admit it. As it has been said, players beleive it to be part of the game, but to come out and admit to it, that should be 100% unnacceptable, and a life ban form the game should be implemented.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spurs player looks badly injured

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
but to come out and admit to it, that should be 100% unnacceptable, and a life ban form the game should be implemented.

So to summarise

Player tells the truth about diving = Life Ban

Player lies about diving = Do nothing, because the player is respecting the fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here