Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of the match today

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Believe me I know Kuipers has weaknesses, they all do. I'm not on my high horse and I'm certainly not blinded.. If they're good, they're good, if they're shit, they're shit. Kuipers has been one of the best players this season (out of two - him & Forster) and I find it irritatting that people cannot recognise it because they themselves choose to just see his 'weaknesses'

I am not sure anyone has said that he hasnt had a good season and I agree that he had a great shout for the MOM today.

But your if they're good they're good or if they're shit they are shit gives it away.

At what stage does your view become good or shit and once made are you likely to change that view even if a players form might change ?

I reckon that once you have made your judgement you will back it to the hilt irrespective of how they might be playing on a match day and wont accept another opinion on that player.

Some supporters appreciate different attributes in a player and that is why some dont share your views on who should be considered the best at the club.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I am not sure anyone has said that he hasnt had a good season and I agree that he had a great shout for the MOM today.

But your if they're good they're good or if they're shit they are shit gives it away.

At what stage does your view become good or shit and once made are you likely to change that view even if a players form might change ?

I reckon that once you have made your judgement you will back it to the hilt irrespective of how they might be playing on a match day and wont accept another opinion on that player.

Some supporters appreciate different attributes in a player and that is why some dont share your views on who should be considered the best at the club.

Gives what away? My comment on people being good or shit is whether they played well or not, regardless of what I think of them as a player. To make a comment that I would back a player however good or not they played is completely wrong and judgemental. You were first to pick me up on my point and quote me. I'm entitled to my opinion just like everyone else. My overall point I am trying to make, as was Badger's, was that I don't think Kuipers has got the recognition he deserves this season, from the fans or Wilkins and the fact Cox got MOM summed it up. Now leave it as it's getting ridiculous now. Go and pick at someone else's quotes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Coxy deserved it, by far the best player on the field for us and the only one who showed any desire or endeavour.

FDM had a lot of normal saves to make which you would have expected him to make and if not he would be dropped, nothing difficult in any of them.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Coxy deserved it, by far the best player on the field for us and the only one who showed any desire or endeavour.

FDM had a lot of normal saves to make which you would have expected him to make and if not he would be dropped, nothing difficult in any of them.

I had those comments written for you long before you posted them!

It is baffling why there are such extremes of comments about FDM.

You and one or two others can never bring yourselves to praise him, whilst there are a couple of others who would give him 8 or 9/10 every match. The reality is, in my opinion, somewhere in between.

It wouldn't matter what saves he made you would always say there is nothing difficult in them. I'm sure it's not true, but you almost seem to WANT him to play badly to justify your criticisms.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Kuipers has been oustanding in the past two games. He has made about 7-8 class saves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As a person he is a loveable fellow when I have spoken with him, as I have on many occassions but the point that I try to make is that the vast majoprity of fans go into raptures over saves that he makes, and would expect to make, to ensure that he plays every week. It is because of these type of saves that he has a contract as a professional footballer and if he couldnt make them he would not have one.

I have on ocassions said to Ben that was a good save by MK as at Nottingham Forest when he played excetionally well but in the main the supporters on here get carried away and make mundane saves out to be world class.

See the above post!!!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Should have gone to Specsavers.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
FDM was MOM, Richards close behind, Cox some way behind these two IMHO

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had those comments written for you long before you posted them!

It is baffling why there are such extremes of comments about FDM.

You and one or two others can never bring yourselves to praise him, whilst there are a couple of others who would give him 8 or 9/10 every match. The reality is, in my opinion, somewhere in between.

It wouldn't matter what saves he made you would always say there is nothing difficult in them. I'm sure it's not true, but you almost seem to WANT him to play badly to justify your criticisms.

I have friends who support Leeds, Forest and Bristol Rovers and all of them have mentioned FDM as our best player in those most recent of games. I have only seen maybe 3 better than him since 1968 when I saw my first game. Some people dont rate him though and I can never fathom that out.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
As a person he is a loveable fellow when I have spoken with him, as I have on many occassions but the point that I try to make is that the vast majoprity of fans go into raptures over saves that he makes, and would expect to make, to ensure that he plays every week. It is because of these type of saves that he has a contract as a professional footballer and if he couldnt make them he would not have one.

I have on ocassions said to Ben that was a good save by MK as at Nottingham Forest when he played excetionally well but in the main the supporters on here get carried away and make mundane saves out to be world class.

See the above post!!!

I can only speak for myself when I say, I do not 'go into raptures every week'. I am basically praising the saves he makes as they were brilliant saves, whether you think so or not. People may say it after a lot of games and it may look to you as though people are over exagerating, but do you ever think he might actually have been that good!

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
FDM Great saves yesterday, even better ones at Bristol. Has been on great form of later. I think the supporters club (old, know nothing etc., etc) voted him player of the season (although I stand to be corrected).

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
FDM Great saves yesterday, even better ones at Bristol. Has been on great form of later. I think the supporters club (old, know nothing etc., etc) voted him player of the season (although I stand to be corrected).

You stand corrected, it was Forster.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The trouble with keepers is that they can't hide. have a bad game or drop a clanger and it could cost the match.

FDM has shortcoming, obviously, or else he'd be Prem and an international.

I've seen a good few keepers in my time but he is now my favourite. time after time he pulls off match winning saves. he has passion and love for the Albion and extreemly brave.

He's fought off opposition and fought back from injuries. he will, like any other player, have some games where he's not quite up to standard and he'l also, sadly, have some shockers & I'll curse him like anyone else......

BUT....

....FDM is an Albion legend and long may he continue to be one of us. It'll be great if we find a better goalie but he's seen off many 'pretenders'. He is not the weak link in our team, although we do need some competition. Give him the No 1 shirt!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here