Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Game

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
f*** that. Im trying my hardest to attract mates to come to the Withdean with me, some of them have since deserted to Charlton, but on the whole many are still interested in coming. At least 5 of them have expressed an interest in coming with me this season, and obviously when they heard the draw this was the match they wanted to come to. But they have ZERO chance of getting a ticket.

This was a huge opportunity to attract new fans. A big tie, get many in for the first time, many will then come again. But now, the club have other ideas and only existing fans and people that have attended before have any chance of getting a ticket.

Im going to have trouble explaining this to people I said I would get a ticket.

So what u saying ?

Everyone should have the same chance regardless whether they are a season ticket holder or not ?

ezzoud

Jul 5, 2003
Why do I need a letter from the club? All Gold members have a unique identifier already (well those that have got their tickets do), shouldn't that be the "secret code"?

My "application form" is unlikely to get to me before I go on holiday today so I guess I'll just write the same sort of letter that I usually do and hope for the best.

I suppose I should think myself lucky the game isn't next week as originally drawn as I would have missed it so perhaps I should just shut up moaning but that's not the nature of NSC.....

So you're going to have trouble explaining to people who deserted The Albion for Charlton that you'll have difficulty getting them tickets because they've more than likely gone to people who didn't f*** off to Charlton and stayed supporting Brighton?

Bit of a no-brainer to me.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
And so it begins again, what ever the club do people are going to moan. STH get first priority and then its filtered down the various memberships before general sale nothing wrong with that. Encourgaing Blue membership (which come play off time is going to be vital, or thats what i hope) is a good way for the club to get extra cash as well, so generally good all round

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
People panicking too much about the theory that the place will be over-run with undeserving kids, haven't actually read the information.

They can still only go with an adult, and can only apply during the priority period if said adult is a blue member, etc anyway.

Remember also, that evening games during school term tend to see the family stand near deserted for obvious reasons, and stop getting so uptight.

My two lads are gold members [STH] in the family stand - and because of the changed date being in term time, I may well not even take up their tickets. For a seven year old to get to bed after midnight, on a school night isn't really ideal.

My two lads are gold members [STH] in the family stand - and because of the changed date being in term time, I may well not even take up their tickets. For a seven year old to get to bed after midnight, on a school night isn't really ideal.

It's not ideal for your seven year old but as it's likely to be a one-off it shouldn't hurt. It'll be a night he'll remember for a long time: A full Withdean, it should be buzzing and he might even get to see Thaksin Shinawatra arrested. What seven year old would want to miss all of that?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
:cheers:
f*** that. Im trying my hardest to attract mates to come to the Withdean with me, some of them have since deserted to Charlton, but on the whole many are still interested in coming. At least 5 of them have expressed an interest in coming with me this season, and obviously when they heard the draw this was the match they wanted to come to. But they have ZERO chance of getting a ticket.

This was a huge opportunity to attract new fans. A big tie, get many in for the first time, many will then come again. But now, the club have other ideas and only existing fans and people that have attended before have any chance of getting a ticket.

That is the way it should be and why would you offer to get tickets knowing the restrictions and that this was a 'big game' that would sell out.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

You do make a good point that the board and many on here seem to miss, and that is that is the real revenue winner for the club isn't trying to attract kids and students on greatly reduced rates, but normal everyday football fans.

Why couldn't they have brought out a buy a 3 game season ticket and guarantee yourself a Man City ticket offer?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Our three letters have arrived this morning... I'm just off to buy our tickets online!

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Our three letters have arrived this morning... I'm just off to buy out tickets!

I'd read the letter first, before you set off, if I were you - particularly the bit about only being able to do it online or by post!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
OK... is it me being thick or what... I can't find 'Buy Tickets' option the match on the September fixture page... or anywhere else for that matter ?? :nono:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Why do I need a letter from the club? All Gold members have a unique identifier already (well those that have got their tickets do), shouldn't that be the "secret code"?

My "application form" is unlikely to get to me before I go on holiday today so I guess I'll just write the same sort of letter that I usually do and hope for the best.

I suppose I should think myself lucky the game isn't next week as originally drawn as I would have missed it so perhaps I should just shut up moaning but that's not the nature of NSC.....
I dunno when you're going on holiday but I also got the letter today. :)

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
OK... is it me being thick or what... I can't find 'Buy Tickets' option the match on the September fixture page... or anywhere else for that matter ?? :nono:

Think this is what you meant. Go to the top of the page, where it says 'tickets', there's a drop-down menu, then click on 'buy online'. Left hand column, click on 'September'.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We're sorry - This Season Renewal is temporarily unavailable.

Please try back in a few minutes.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please contact customer service.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'm on the website looking at the City Ticket Details.

It says in order 'to buy them online, season ticket holders will need to wait until they receive their application by post, but it also says (due for dispatch this Thursday). But we have priority till Friday 29th August, isn't that the day after they're dispatched?? I'm confused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here