Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man City Game

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Biggest concern is that they are mailing out the code for Gold members to buy online. Should be in the post Thursday so should have it by Saturday in an ideal world. Hope they don't use the same couriers as the season tickets!!!

Manchester City Ticket Details

Posted on: Thu 21 Aug 2008

Owing to Manchester City's involvement in the UEFA Cup, the date for the Carling Cup fixture will not be confirmed until after Thursday 28th August.

However, in order to begin the ticketing process, the club has written to all Gold members to clarify this information and invite applications to ensure that all Gold members have ample opportunity to secure their seat for the Carling Cup second-round tie.

In line with the club's ticketing policy, Gold members receive priority for this match and have until 5pm on Friday 29th August to purchase their own seat by one of the following methods:

Online: Season ticket holders will need to wait until they receive their application by post (due for dispatch this Thursday), and then apply online their own exclusive account and reservation number included in the letter.

By post: By filling in the application form enclosed with their letter from the club. Applications made by this method should be sent in an envelope marked 'ST Man City' in the top left hand corner and send to Ticket Office, 5 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3WA.

No applications will be accepted by telephone.

We are aware that some Gold members may want to purchase tickets with family or friends who are not gold members. We can only accept these applications during the priority period, provided that the following criteria apply:

Each person must be an existing Blue member or have signed up/renewed by 29th August (download an application form here).

or

Each person must be an existing member of Gully's Gang (Under-12s) or Team Stripes (Under-16s) and have signed up by 29th August (download an application form here)

However, we must stress that to accommodate these arrangements Gold members requesting extra tickets will be asked to move into the East Stand/East Wing where match tickets are available.

We cannot accommodate requests for extra tickets in any other area of the ground.

After the cut-off date for Gold members, tickets will go on sale to the following categories who have until Saturday September 6th to apply :

Blue members who signed up before 29th August.

Application for Blue members can be made by post immediately to the Ticket Office at 5 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3WA although these will not be processed until after 29th August. Applications from Blue members will be processed in strict order of date receipt. Envelopes should be marked "Blue Man City" in the top left hand corner. Application can also be made in person after 29th August.

Gully's Gang members, who signed up before 29th August and who must be accompanied by a Blue member.

Team Stripe members (over-13s) who signed up before 29th August.

Application for Team Stripe members can be made by post immediately to the Ticket Office at 5 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3WA although these will not be process until after 29th August.

Applications from Team Stripes members will be processed in strict order of date receipt. Envelopes should be marked "Stripes Man City" in the top left hand corner. Application can also be made at the ticket office in person after 29th August.

Tickets will be limited to one per person in any category.

Should any tickets remain on Monday 8th September existing individuals on our database will be invited to apply.

Please note that owing to the uncertainty of the actual match date, tickets will not be dispatched until after Monday 1st September.

All seems very sensible.
Eh? Not from where I'm sitting.

If you are NOT a season ticket holder or a Blue Member or a member of Gully's Gang or Team Stripes, you will have to wait until Monday 8 September before you can apply - and then only if you are on the Club's database.

Season Ticket holders can only use their priority status to buy tickets for themselves or friends/family who are Blue Members or members of Gully's Gang or Team Stripes.

If you are not a Season Ticket holder or Blue Member, you have until 29 August to sign up as a Blue Member (for £30) and you then get a chance to order a ticket before 6 September.

If you normally pay for games on a match by match basis and don't want to shell out an extra thirty quid, you will be in the last minute scramble.

If the Club think that this will go down well with that group of supporters, they must be CRAZY.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am in for the scramble then. I don't see why I should have to shell out £30 for a Blue Membership when I end up paying more than a season ticket anyway.

I was going to say that I hope there is some form of points system when we are no longer a tinpot organisation, but then I guess we will not have to worry about Falmer selling out.

Last edited:

The other DAFT thing about these arrangements is that a child under 12 (Gully's Gang member) won't be able to get a priority ticket unless they are accompanied by a Blue Member. How many parents who have NEVER been to Withdean will be persuaded to join the Blue membership scheme, just so that their kid can get to this game?

And how many fans will that displace?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Manchester City Ticket Details

Online: Season ticket holders will need to wait until they receive their application by post (due for dispatch this Thursday), and then apply online their own exclusive account and reservation number included in the letter..

I take it that means thursday yesterday...

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
f*** that. Im trying my hardest to attract mates to come to the Withdean with me, some of them have since deserted to Charlton, but on the whole many are still interested in coming. At least 5 of them have expressed an interest in coming with me this season, and obviously when they heard the draw this was the match they wanted to come to. But they have ZERO chance of getting a ticket.

This was a huge opportunity to attract new fans. A big tie, get many in for the first time, many will then come again. But now, the club have other ideas and only existing fans and people that have attended before have any chance of getting a ticket.

Im going to have trouble explaining this to people I said I would get a ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here