Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Making NSC non-shit

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
1066Seagull said:
Bozza, I no I made a bad start to NSC. But the main point I was always trying to get across was that you had not enough boards.

You have to many threads in one board, many get a few posts and never get seen again.

Over 1000 pages of threads! Its not normal. This forum has the potential to be a great forum,it is a great forum, but it is lacking its total greatness because of the untidyness.

Make more boards, and it will be a lot better. 4 should be a good point.

Sports Bar
-The Albion
Discuss everything about Brighton & Hove Albion
---Other Albion related threads as possible sub-forums?
-Football
All non-Albion football threads can go in here
-Other Sport
Discuss all non-soccer sports in here

The Pub
-The Public House
Grab a few pints, a packet of crisps and chat the day away!
-Entertainment
---Football Manager
-Art Gallery
-NSC Links
-Classifieds
-blah blah....

Ramblings
-Rasing Hell
Got an issue with a certian member on here? Argue it in here only!(Some forums have this feature, and password it so peopel dont get offended - members ask a mod for it if they want)

That would be a terrible, terrible board.

Bozza keep it as it is.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Who remembers the days before the internet was even invented and we'd all go down the pub and chat about the football and have a laugh and never moan about post counts :nono:

Well you don't. You'd have been learning your times tables and saving up your dinner money for a new action man in the days before the internet was commonplace.

And as for multiple forums, it never works. People instinctively want as many responses as they can possibly get from a thread so by default will always head to the most popular/busiest forum, regardless of relevance.

Kinky could easily e-mail the likes of Danny and Toad but he likes the fact that his drivel reaches such a wide audience by posting it on here for all to see. He is hardly alone either

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
To be honest - 1066 can post italics, and after humedah humedah years, I still dont know how to do that... therefore it would be FOOLHARDY (I can do capitals) to dismiss his ramblings out of hand.

Although, having said that, after careful consideration, he is wrong.

Following the colour debacle yesterday, may I suggest some mood colouring? Perhaps to reflect the aftermath of the last game?

And I STILL say - ban all smileys.

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
The best thing about NSC is being able to dip straight into the action - the only thing that COULD make it better is perhaps someway constraining the number of Threads

Perhaps an additional window with the message

STOP!
THINK!
ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO POST THIS TOPIC?
HAVE YOU CHECKED THERE ISN'T ALREADY A TOPIC ON THIS? HAVE YOU USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION? DON'T BE A FUCKTARD

Or can you limit the number of new topics users can post per day?

We need to tame the NEW THREAD FUCKERS

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
The best thing about NSC is being able to dip straight into the action - the only thing that COULD make it better is perhaps someway constraining the number of Threads

STOP!
THINK!
HAVE YOU CHECKED THERE ISN'T ALREADY A TOPIC ON THIS? HAVE YOU USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION? DON'T BE A FUCKTARD, KINKY, Danny

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Barnet Seagull said:

STOP!
THINK!
HAVE YOU CHECKED THERE ISN'T ALREADY A TOPIC ON THIS? HAVE YOU USED THE SEARCH FUNCTION? DON'T BE A FUCKTARD

Bozza - DO IT.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Restrict the number of posts allowed per user per day - this will cut out a lot of the drivel and the posting of just smilies. How some people can average over 1 post an hour 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the past 3 years is beyond me, FFS get a life!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
The Boss said:
Restrict the number of posts allowed per user per day - this will cut out a lot of the drivel and the posting of just smilies. How some people can average over 1 post an hour 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for the past 3 years is beyond me, FFS get a life!

:wave:

Dandyman

In London village.
Kinky Gerbils said:
Whats the point? the people that moan about it being shit are boring as they dont have any real opinion then moan at people that do.

Also if you dont want to read about racism in oz or spurs or whatever. DONT OPEN THE THREAD WITH THOSE WORDS IN THE TITLE, its not rocket science :dunce:

:clap:

We as a group of fans are more divided than we have been for some time and that is going to be reflected on the boards.

IMO strong opinions are good for debate. If you are not interested in a thread don't open it. If you disagree with something argue against it.

Don't winge, don't be a pussy.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Stumpy Tim said:
A monthly bare-fisted fight between the two most annoying posters of that month. Mandatory.

Within a year LI will be hard as nails I reckon

Or will at least be unable to type anymore.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
A disclaimer at the top of the board that if you don't LIKE what's on NSC, you can IGNORE it if you like, because it's ONLY the INTERNET.

Also, another disclaimer, saying YOUR OPINION IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK, and furthermore NSC is LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK.

Maybe.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
NSC is LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK.

and, dare I say it, FOOTBALL IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK...

or even more extreme, BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FC IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK ??

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Titanic said:

or even more extreme, BRIGHTON AND HOVE ALBION FC IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOU THINK ??

Wise words. It is, in the end, a ball game.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Titanic said:

Disagree. If it was 'just' a sports club in the way the Tesco is just a shop then it wouldn't be important. But it's more than just a means to allow some men to earn a lot of money for kicking a ball around a bit of grass, it's a focal point of our community.

Dandyman and Clown of Pevvers have it right.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Dandyman said:
:clap:

We as a group of fans are more divided than we have been for some time and that is going to be reflected on the boards.

IMO strong opinions are good for debate. If you are not interested in a thread don't open it. If you disagree with something argue against it.

Don't winge, don't be a pussy.

SPOT ON!

The massive diversity of the topics on this board is it's strength. If you dilute the main board the overall effectiveness of NSC as a whole will also be diluted.

Of course you will get arguments and some of the participants will deal with it better than others.

I think Bozza and the Mods do a fine job in policing the board and IMO there's no need to change the way things are done.

:thumbsup:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Much as I hate to admit it, this kicks NSC's butt:

http://forums.cpfc.org/

I'm not saying NSC needs that many forums, but howsabout this board at least divided into: 1. An Albion Forum 2. General Sport Forum, and 3. Off Topic Forum

May also encourage more female Albion fans to post on the 'Albion Forum' without being bombarded with threads about the size of Jodie Marsh's ring piece etc. etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here