Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MAJOR Playstation 3 Error

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think we all know that if we had the money (like Boris here), we'd have all 3. I think that's what causes the "binfests", the need to choose and then feel justified in our choice.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm actually well jealous of Heavy Rain. Anyone got it? Is it any good?

The best way I've heard it described is an "interactive movie" which sums it up perfectly for me. I am enjoying it, and the story line is fantastic, however I would have liked a bit more freedom and not such a rigis format to the game. You can make your own decisions out of certain situations, but not enough to really feel like you're controlling the game

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
I have an X-Box and a PS3, neither has given me any problems yet.

I also have Heavy Rain and it's brilliant, but there have been issues with it sticking and stopping. There's a long thread about it on the Playstation forum. However, it affected me temporarily. Turns out it's to do with a previously saved game, or some nonsense. Now it's fine. Awesome, just awesome.

Agreed I too have an xbox and ps3...Heavy Rain is very good and I am immersed in at the mo...or should I say I was until the PSN prob and I am now slightly frustrated...but hey it definitely could be worse! ;-)

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I was up playing through Heavy Rain for the THIRD time late into the wee small hours of this morning without any problems. I've not turned it on today, mind.

As has been pointed out already the comparitive records of the 360 and the PS3 are WORLDS apart in terms of reliability. I've owned TWO 360's which both went to shit and I eventually sold the second one in favour of going for the PS3 which to date has never given me any problems.

Furthermore I know countless other 360 owners who've at one time or another experienced the red ring of death WHEREAS I have never met a PS3 owner who has had to have their machine repaired or replaced.

This is the first incidence of the PS3 having a potentially serious problem since its release and all of a sudden the Xbox fanboys are jumping about with delight that perhaps their beloved machine won't remain the laughing stock it always has been.

If people start needing to have their PS3's replaced then I will have to rethink but for the moment this one little error isn't a patch on the 360 shaftings

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Yep. Just got in. I'm getting the error.

Going to sell my PS3 and buy 10 X-Box originals.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I was up playing through Heavy Rain for the THIRD time late into the wee small hours of this morning without any problems. I've not turned it on today, mind.

As has been pointed out already the comparitive records of the 360 and the PS3 are WORLDS apart in terms of reliability. I've owned TWO 360's which both went to shit and I eventually sold the second one in favour of going for the PS3 which to date has never given me any problems.

Furthermore I know countless other 360 owners who've at one time or another experienced the red ring of death WHEREAS I have never met a PS3 owner who has had to have their machine repaired or replaced.

This is the first incidence of the PS3 having a potentially serious problem since its release and all of a sudden the Xbox fanboys are jumping about with delight that perhaps their beloved machine won't remain the laughing stock it always has been.

If people start needing to have their PS3's replaced then I will have to rethink but for the moment this one little error isn't a patch on the 360 shaftings
I think the xbox360 owners are justifiably having fun at the expense of all the smug ps3 owners after years of red ring of death jibes.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think the xbox360 owners are justifiably having fun at the expense of all the smug ps3 owners after years of red ring of death jibes.

Yeah but the difference here is that the problem SHOULD be rectified in due course and that will be that, forgotten.

When you get a red ring of death your console is dead and you face being without it for several weeks whilst it is repaired/replaced.

I couldn't go that long without my PS3.

Even having my internet cut off is tolerable. Gas? Wouldn't even notice. But to be without my most beloved worldly possession I would be distraight and entirely lost.

What would I do with my evenings? Watch TV? Come off it

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
As you may be aware, some customers have been unable to connect to the PlayStation Network today. This problem affects the models other than the new slim PS3.

We believe we have identified that this problem is being caused by a bug in the clock functionality incorporated in the system.

Errors include:

* The date of the PS3 system may be re-set to Jan 1, 2000.
* When the user tries to sign-in to the PlayStation Network, the following message appears on the screen; “An error has occurred. You have been signed out of PlayStation Network (8001050F)”.
* When the user tries to launch a game, the following error message appears on the screen and the trophy data may disappear; “Failed to install trophies. Please exit your game.”
* When the user tries to set the time and date of the system via the Internet, the following message appears on the screen; “The current date and time could not be obtained. (8001050F)”
* Users are not able to playback certain rental video downloaded from the PlayStation Store before the expiration date.

We hope to resolve this problem within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, if you have a model other than the new slim PS3, we advise that you do not use your PS3 system, as doing so may result in errors in some functionality, such as recording obtained trophies, and not being able to restore certain data.

As mentioned above, Please be advised that the new slim PS3 is not affected with this error. We are doing our best to resolve the issue and do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

BHAFC4EVER

BOO!
Jan 20, 2009
RH20
I own an Xbox and a Wii. Just wondering why you guys chose the PS3 over the Xbox? Does it have something to do with reliability or the fact that you can play Blu-rays? Or perhaps something else? Not trying to cause a bin-fest just curious.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I own an Xbox and a Wii. Just wondering why you guys chose the PS3 over the Xbox? Does it have something to do with reliability or the fact that you can play Blu-rays? Or perhaps something else? Not trying to cause a bin-fest just curious.

Hate x-box controllers, the look of the x-box itself, the noise of the x-box. PS3's just feel and look quality and the have the games to match now. Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain for example. Throw in the blu-ray player and you have a hands down winner in my view

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

All of the above PLUS the fact that they look nicer, are virtually silent as opposed to the almighty racket made by the 360, allow you to play online for FREE, are more powerful AND have some superb exclusive titles such as Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I know a few people who have both and most like the Xbox more just cos it's more easy to use :thumbsup:

(oh and xbox get new COD maps 4 days earlier, :wink:)

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003

IMHO The PS3 is by far the better media server and I use it to stream movies...the xbox is the better gaming machine...the Wii is a bloody good laugh...I have all three...oh and a very p****d off mrs :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here