Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Can you cite that please as I don't believe it is correct?

From NHS website:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms

Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:

a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.

Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So hard to know isn’t it, given symptoms can be as mild as to be almost non existent.

I’ve had a mild fever for the last 2/3 days (clammy legs in bed at night), today I’ve had aching legs while driving - pretty rare for me. And now a cough.

I probably haven’t, but still thinking whether I should go into work on Monday or not. I’ve got myself set up to work at home if needed, which is useful.
Yeah like others have said you'll have to stay at home with those symptoms. I hope you're feeling better soon.

:thumbsup:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
From NHS website:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms

Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:

a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.

Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.

Tests are now only being carried out for people in hospital with symptoms.

Ah yes, that is the same as with Italy or probably most other countries where only those suffering most are now tested as there are so many cases. We are increasing our testing by a large degree, but focusing it in a different way now. That makes sense to me, and in my book is not the same as not testing any longer. On a personal level, I have self-isolated since Thursday afternoon as I have some symptoms and I would love to know (although I think it is unlikely) if I have coronavirus.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Hopefully next time there is a new virus the world can agree to lock down all air travel for a couple of weeks. Look at the mess we are in now and it's all been caused by people crossing borders in planes.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
'Now the latest national sports news...the Junior Tiddlywinks championship in Margate.....'

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
France on lock down, ironically though still has borders open. But taken the right step in closing all non-essential businesses.
We really need to go down this route. What's going on in the world right now is just so tragic.
None of his would be happening if we all acted 6-8 weeks ago.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
France on lock down, ironically though still has borders open. But taken the right step in closing all non-essential businesses.
We really need to go down this route. What's going on in the world right now is just so tragic.

Now go and have a lie down :moo:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

it would, but drawn out over a much longer period

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

France have approx 4x the number of positive cases and deaths compared with the UK.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

I have to agree to an extent.

People were still happily planning their holidays to Italy, and even Asia as this pandemic was outbreaking.

Even now! There are holiday makers planning holidays. I really despair for some people.

This attitude is precisely what caused this thing to spread as it has done.

D

Deleted member 22389

As more people get this virus, not only will you have steer clear of people but every single surface will become infected too. You won't be able to touch anything without risk. This is why what the government is doing is crazy. We should all be staying indoors.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
As more people get this virus, not only will you have steer clear of people but every single surface will become infected too. You won't be able to touch anything without risk. This is why what the government is doing is crazy. We should all be staying indoors.

would that be possible?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here