Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
There is so many people still not taking this seriously. We went to the Beacon in Eastbourne today, parked and were waiting (forever) for the lift. A guy, late 30s with an older woman comes to the queue for the lift coughing and spluttering, and then just pushes the lift button without a care in the world.
I made my thoughts known, almost as if I'm a weirdo from space and took the stairs.
WTF is the matter with people, especially in times such as these?
Also to add, didn't touch the hand rail going down the stairs. Also i won't push any traffic light button, stop button on buses, open door buttons on trains, door handles, taps in public toilets, etc etc. Am I the only one?
If you have to enter your pin number on those chip and pin devices, make it your priority to wash your hands immediately after, if you go maccys, docs, make it your priority to wash your hands after touching thoswe disgusting public touch screen devices.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What exactly is your expertise in Corona Virus ???

What he was saying is the current position of the government.

If you have even mild symptoms, either a cough or fever, self isolate for 7 days.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Am I the only one?
Well you're obviously aware that you are more anxious than most, as you have a problem with anxiety. Plenty will be oblivious, like the person you encountered, while I'm taking care to either not touch things, or avoid touching my face after touching things, until I've had a chance to wash my hands. But I'm probably closer to your end of the scale than average.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Johnson's "we've all got to catch it" strategy is risking the lives of our old folks.

He's a monster.

This piece of filth seems to agree with him.
80fdbd04d73db91fe34c1d3b28a1c6df.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Well you're obviously aware that you are more anxious than most, as you have a problem with anxiety. Plenty will be oblivious, like the person you encountered, while I'm taking care to either not touch things, or avoid touching my face after touching things, until I've had a chance to wash my hands. But I'm probably closer to your end of the scale than average.

I'm not at that extreme and probably far nearer average. Thinking a lot more about actions and cleanliness than usual. Different ways to open doors, gloves for buttons or if not an option armed with wipes and anti bac.
Some people wont change no matter how often it is spoken about and think these things dont apply to them

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There is so many people still not taking this seriously. We went to the Beacon in Eastbourne today, parked and were waiting (forever) for the lift. A guy, late 30s with an older woman comes to the queue for the lift coughing and spluttering, and then just pushes the lift button without a care in the world.
I made my thoughts known, almost as if I'm a weirdo from space and took the stairs.
Also to add, didn't touch the hand rail going down the stairs. Also i won't push any traffic light button, stop button on buses, open door buttons on trains, door handles, taps in public toilets, etc etc. Am I the only one?
If you have to enter your pin number on those chip and pin devices, make it your priority to wash your hands immediately after, if you go maccys, docs, make it your priority to wash your hands after touching thoswe disgusting public touch screen devices.[/QUOTE]

What’s disgusting about them?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If you have to enter your pin number on those chip and pin devices, make it your priority to wash your hands immediately after, if you go maccys, docs, make it your priority to wash your hands after touching thoswe disgusting public touch screen devices.

Seriously, get some help

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Terrible if this happens, particularly for those who live alone and may well be deprived of any social contact.
Given the current me me approach that many people are unfortunately displaying I'm not sure that the community spirit that the Government are hoping for will materialise. I really hope I am wrong on this.

If this four months is correct than the virus is clearly going to be impacting our lives well into July, which is a concern.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Hopefully next time there is a new virus the world can agree to lock down all air travel for a couple of weeks. Look at the mess we are in now and it's all been caused by people crossing borders in planes.

Indeed. And while they're at it they can find a way to close the Shengen area, undo commercial global trade agreements, stop the car, boat, donkey and ski working and find a solution to the artificial borders drawn all over the world by post war bureaucracy. Oh, and also stop viruses from being so damned airborne.

In fact, the best solution is probably just to shoot anyone who sneezes, just in case.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Queuing out the doors at devil's dyke today

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Seriously, get some help

So it's acceptable to cough and splutter all over people in times like this then?
It's not ok to want to protect your loved ones from a very deadly disease?
Where you the guy in Eastbourne by any chance?

FWIW - yes I've had anxiety issues recently, but strangely enough, it's not been as bad as what it was 6-10 weeks ago, when at that time, helmets like you dismissed this as "its just a flu bro"

Now, because people - like yourself - didn't take this seriously, we have no sport, we have people fighting over stuff in supermarkets, we've got countries (rightly) locked down, and worst of all we have got thousands and thousands (if no action is taken, soon to be millions) of people dieing.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So it's acceptable to cough and splutter all over people in times like this then?
It's not ok to want to protect your loved ones from a very deadly disease?
Where you the guy in Eastbourne by any chance?

FWIW - yes I've had anxiety issues recently, but strangely enough, it's not been as bad as what it was 6-10 weeks ago, when at that time, helmets like you dismissed this as "its just a flu bro"

Now, because people - like yourself - didn't take this seriously, we have no sport, we have people fighting over stuff in supermarkets, we've got countries (rightly) locked down, and worst of all we have got thousands and thousands (if no action is taken, soon to be millions) of people dieing.

Sorry, you're not making any sense.

I genuinely worry you'll put yourself in trouble with anxiety or blood pressure way before you get covid-19. Please try and get help with this because the government is not going to do what you want. I'm just a bloke on the internet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here