Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At 64 and in general good health I'm feeling that the press may be over hyping this. But then again they may have a point. Semi retired I've not stocked up (unlike Brexit) but do have plans to get long life milk and a few extras next shop.
My main concern is that I employ two people to work my business and without either of them I'd have to close. Also, unsure if closed I could afford to pay them two weeks sick pay with no income.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
My wording was ‘may’ be cancelled. The statement issued does have an inference that monitoring the situation may result in cancellation, otherwise why issue the statement?

My son is concerned as he has waited to take part for quite a while.
Personally, I don’t think it will be, as other sporting events such as football involves far closer contact by people.

Apart from that bit at the start line with thousands of people stood in very close proximity.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
It turns out he went to Kettering Hospital where there are no coronavirus patients. He just can't help himself lying all the time.

[tweet]1234877746020593664[/tweet]

Sorry to go off subject, but that grin on his face .... it says 'this is all a game and when I goof up the country a bit more I can run away and hide'

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The idea of making people pay significant sums of money to get tested is ludicrous.

Given that there is no vaccine or cure for the virus - if you're unlucky enough to contract it, you just hope you're one of the 97% that recover - there's very little tangible benefit to the individual to actually being diagnosed. the benefit is to wider society - so the infected person can be isolated and prevent spread.

Unquestionably the testing should be free. Unfathomable that any nation or society would think otherwise.

Right now, somebody in the US, with a persistent sniffle could fly to Heathrow for half the cost of a local test, get tested for free here (get given the all clear, and enjoy a luxury weekend break / or infect 20 other people on the plane...)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1235017199594680320[/TWEET]

Never mind, I'm sure they'll have our best interests at heart during our upcoming trade negotiations too...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
[TWEET]1235017199594680320[/TWEET]

bonkers. but never mind, they cut rates so its going to be OK for Americans.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry to go off subject, but that grin on his face .... it says 'this is all a game and when I goof up the country a bit more I can run away and hide'

Yup, he always gives you the distinct feeling it's all just a bit of a jolly jape. Dominic Cummings calls the shots in this country now

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
bonkers. but never mind, they cut rates so its going to be OK for Americans.

I wonder how many over there are already set up with their assault rifle in the upstairs window of their property, like the scene in the walking dead, ready to shoot anybody who is approaching their home who appears to be sweating a bit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How long before we get someone using the “ coronamoaners” word.

If there was nothing in this, there wouldn’t be the various actions being taken all over the world.

Love the stories about people phoning 111 asking if they are ok as they bought a sofa made in China two years ago and have got the snivels. Eldest daughter has some fantastic stories of 111 calls .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Jonathan Mok, a student from Singapore, who has been in the UK for two years, was beaten up by four thugs in Oxford Street.

He added: “The guy who tried to kick me then said, 'I don't want your coronavirus in my country', before swinging another sucker punch at me, which resulted in my face exploding with blood from my nose, where the blood was splattered all across the pavement.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...-images-oxford-street-singapore-a9374456.html

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
UK cases jumped to 85 today.

Approaching a century and preparing to raise it's bat to the pavilion. With a bit of luck it will now do a Joe Root and randomly be removed entirely without warning.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Not at all.

Just had my birthday and went a bit mad with the booze. I can't get concerned about this coronavirus; got enough to be worried about. My first grey hairs by my ears are confirmation of that! :down:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Has anyone done the maths based on today’s increase? If not they have now.

Now 85 cases from 51 yesterday (about 60% increase). Now into ramping up phase! Some data geeks doing modelling will be loving this.

Same rate for a week means 2281 cases.

Another week would be 61k.

Another week 1.6million.

So three weeks today could be that high! Obviously might not happen but there you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here