Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Yes, worried, as suffer from Asthma and T2 Diabetes.

Currently in the USA, travelling back to the UK on Sunday. Have already cancelled my attendance (with full support from HR) on a planned sales tour of Malaysia, Aus and Japan at the end of March. The trip is still going ahead at present, but those that are going are now having second thoughts.

Certainly looking at what I touch and washing hands more regularly. Had out first fist bump rather than hand shake in Houston yesterday.

Plenty of Asians on recent flights had face masks on, although that tends to be common if they have colds etc anyway.

of course, the British 'It'll be alright, it won't affect me, Dunkirk spirit, nothing to worry about' will see us through!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have enough in our loft in the summer

Karma when I give it back to em
Any of you ****ing bats move, and I'll sneeze on every mother****ing last one of ya!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
For years chefs have greeted each other with an elbow swipe / bump, easy peasy and safe as 'ouses!

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
A little. I'll be taking precautions.

Screen Shot 2020-03-04 at 17.01.36.png

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yes, worried, as suffer from Asthma and T2 Diabetes.

Currently in the USA, travelling back to the UK on Sunday. Have already cancelled my attendance (with full support from HR) on a planned sales tour of Malaysia, Aus and Japan at the end of March. The trip is still going ahead at present, but those that are going are now having second thoughts.

Certainly looking at what I touch and washing hands more regularly. Had out first fist bump rather than hand shake in Houston yesterday.

Plenty of Asians on recent flights had face masks on, although that tends to be common if they have colds etc anyway.

of course, the British 'It'll be alright, it won't affect me, Dunkirk spirit, nothing to worry about' will see us through!

Damn sight better than hysterical reaction many other nations doing. Saying that, we’re about as far from a single nation these days as America so plenty of ethnic communities worried here; needlessly IMO but I guess they’re closer to it knowing relatives are in isolation so probably have a distorted view and greater propensity to panic therefore, as you would, naturally.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It doesn't give me cause for anything. It is a statement or an observation, if you like.
Ok.

I'd like an observation like that to mean that it's not being spread as easily over here (due to climate or whatever), but sadly I think that's unlikely to be the case.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There is no indication that this will happen based on other coronavirus. The only person convinced of this is trump.

Oh, OK, I thought the WHO guy on the radio said this would help slow down or stop the spread

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
3 contracted in the UK out of the 32 new cases. The other 29 have been travelling.

Most cases are people having travelled to and from the worst infected areas and then disappearing into society to spread it. All the while this is allowed to continue it will keep spreading

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wow in Italy now 107 deaths ..28 in the last 24 hours

Italy closing schools and public buildings until mid March

Perhaps they need [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] to go over there and tell them they are over reacting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here