Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I know it would bring the country to its knees but why not of stopped all travel surely that was going to be the best way to contain it . Surely it’s too late for that now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok.

I'd like an observation like that to mean that it's not being spread as easily over here (due to climate or whatever), but sadly I think that's unlikely to be the case.

Me too, but like you I think it’s unlikely which is why I didn’t comment any further.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I know it would bring the country to its knees but why not of stopped all travel surely that was going to be the best way to contain it . Surely it’s too late for that now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bojo kinda annoyed with his guff a few days ago

"there is nothing this government will not do to stop the spread of the virus"

Oh really..... So why are flights from northern Italy, China, Iran, S.Korea and Japan still landing here?

More hot air. No point bolting the door after the horse has bolted. Maybe it isn't to late with the containment efforts if the door is shut. So why don't they do that now. Like yesterday.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No.....I am so fed up with media blowing this all out of all proportion. I wish Brexit would come back. I have stopped listening to local radio because every 10th word is corona or virus.
Unless you are elderly there is no threat to your life.

What an idiotic thing to say

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Most cases are people having travelled to and from the worst infected areas and then disappearing into society to spread it. All the while this is allowed to continue it will keep spreading

In some ways I see this as a warning about the unsustainable gay abandon that we go about our lives; or at least many of us do. Conference in Asia on Monday, stop for a Ski in France midweek, city break at the weekend and then over to America to see the in-laws. It’s screwing the climate that’s for sure, now it’s our turn!! We demand food and drink from the other side the world, at cheap prices, closed our own manufacturing industry because of lean supply chains etc. Yet nobody considers the what if in a crisis, as long as we’re all making money it doesn’t matter if we’re only 96 hours from catastrophe all the time. Then everyone bleats because they’ve no supporting infrastructure close by ‘cause they chose to live on the other side of the world to their family and now there’s no way of simply hopping on a plane and getting back.

Reminds me when all the 2nd home owners that grew around regional airports used by the Budgets. When Ryan air pulled the plug on an associated route, they demanded it be put pack cause they could no longer get there! A big lesson in self entitlement. We’ve got way too cocky with our lifestyle expectations what this planet can sustain and how we treat our environment. Mother Nature will also laugh last so maybe we’re finally learning amongst all this flooding, famine and pestilence. Wars are never more than a bullet away, just need the locusts next! Oh hang on... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-51561719

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Bojo kinda annoyed with his guff a few days ago

"there is nothing this government will not do to stop the spread of the virus"

Oh really..... So why are flights from northern Italy, China, Iran, S.Korea and Japan still landing here?

More hot air. No point bolting the door after the horse has bolted. Maybe it isn't to late with the containment efforts if the door is shut. So why don't they do that now. Like yesterday.
Boris Johnson has released a statement:

"Yes others would have stopped flights to the worst hit areas, but we're British and we don't turn and run in the face of danger. We meet danger head on and we stand resolute and undeterred. We will face this great challenge and we will face it together. And we, will, prevail."

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Did a job today for an elderly lady who was wearing gloves INDOORS because she was terrified of catching the virus. Wouldn't go outside.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Boris Johnson has released a statement:

"Yes others would have stopped flights to the worst hit areas, but we're British and we don't turn and run in the face of danger. We meet danger head on and we stand resolute and undeterred. We will face this great challenge and we will face it together. And we, will, prevail."

Confirmed: We have elected a Poundland Churchill.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
In some ways I see this as a warning about the unsustainable gay abandon that we go about our lives; or at least many of us do. Conference in Asia on Monday, stop for a Ski in France midweek, city break at the weekend and then over to America to see the in-laws. It’s screwing the climate that’s for sure, now it’s our turn!! We demand food and drink from the other side the world, at cheap prices, closed our own manufacturing industry because of lean supply chains etc. Yet nobody considers the what if in a crisis, as long as we’re all making money it doesn’t matter if we’re only 96 hours from catastrophe all the time. Then everyone bleats because they’ve no supporting infrastructure close by ‘cause they chose to live on the other side of the world to their family and now there’s no way of simply hopping on a plane and getting back.

Reminds me when all the 2nd home owners that grew around regional airports used by the Budgets. When Ryan air pulled the plug on an associated route, they demanded it be put pack cause they could no longer get there! A big lesson in self entitlement. We’ve got way too cocky with our lifestyle expectations what this planet can sustain and how we treat our environment. Mother Nature will also laugh last so maybe we’re finally learning amongst all this flooding, famine and pestilence. Wars are never more than a bullet away, just need the locusts next! Oh hang on... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-51561719
Great post, totally agree. Then you've got that idiot advising Boris that the British Farming industry is not strategically important. So feeding our own population rather than depending on imports is completely unnecessary. You couldn't make it up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Don't overreact..... I was confidently told that Ladders and Bee stings cause more fatalities only a little while ago.

Jul 20, 2003
Yup, 2 young children with cystic fibrosis, if either of those are to catch it they wouldn’t stand a chance, been at hospital with them both today and the team and hospital in general seem rather worried.

Team Cystic Fibrosis checking in ...

Received this today, nothing surprising but relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAKgPZRBp8Y

I'm 'lucky' in that I work from home and live alone so I can significantly reduce my risk of exposure by watching a film at home rather than going for a cheeky pint of an evening (and save a few quid while I'm at it).

Yesterday was the first time I was concerned and ended up bailing on a gig I was attending but that was mainly because they had lit up some incense sticks and if I started coughing it would disturb those around me (and when I start coughing I REALLY start coughing).

My thoughts are with you at this worrying time but I'm sure that if my experience of CF treatment (48 years) is typical then the support you'll receive from your CF clinicians will be superb.

Anyway, this reminds me, time for my nebs.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Checkout lady in Tesco Lewes today said she'd had 3 people in this morning who each spent over £300 on shopping and then admitted they were stockpilling food just in case!!!!! :facepalm:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just been to Sainsburys West Hove - WTF !!!! Some shelves stripped almost empty. Rice, pasta, toilet rolls etc - nearly all gone. How stupid are people ? And that is a rhetorical question !

And before anyone asks - I just brought tonights dinner plus a pack of hot cross buns.

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
60% of transmission of virus transmission in South Korea is now community spread meaning the virus is endemic in that country. South Korea has performed over 100,000 tests, has text alerts to alert local populations of infected individuals and the places they visited, has a mask wearing and hygiene conscious culture and has an excellent health service. They are leading virtually all other countries on how they have attempted to handle this and yet are going under. Anyone who thinks the UK will handle this better is optimistic in my opinion.
As it stands at the moment this is a virus that is easily spread and causes significant health issues for a significant percentage of the population. It is likely that hospitals in this country will be overwhelmed.

In my opinion the authorities are (deliberately) under playing how serious this will be (and have been for some time). I hope I am wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here