NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sorry, maybe I've missed something. What's people's problem with Professor Pagel?

I’d like someone to ask her the above question, she seems intent on restrictions forever - what ever the cost.

Why does she want the exit wave pushed out of summer holidays?

What’s her end game? Restrictions forever?

Why is she now ignoring the data she used to say we should lockdown longer now it’s below best case?

Why is the U.K. science different to the USA / Israel / EU?

No real issue with her, just no one challenges

Last edited:

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
If the 21st gets pushed back there is a danger of this being dragged into 2022.

And beyond. Having taken fiat power, this will never be over until the Coronavirus Act is repealed.

Legislation must then be brought to prevent Government from ever doing this again without proper Parliamentary scrutiny of a full and balanced assessment of risk.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry, maybe I've missed something. What's people's problem with Professor Pagel?

Stuck record basically. ...some people love her...if I were to categorise them I’d say those who would not venture out if it looked like rain ..the other reply you’ve had is a bit more informative

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’d like someone to ask her the above question, she seems intent on restrictions forever - what ever the cost.

Why does she want the exit wave pushed out of summer holidays?

What’s her end game? Restrictions forever?

Why is she now ignoring the data she used to say we should lockdown longer now it’s below best case?

Why is the U.K. science different to the USA / Israel / EU?

No real issue with her, just no one challenges[/QUOTE]

Nub of the matter

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Putting aside your personal opinion of what should happen, does anyone actually think on June 21st that there will literally be no restrictions in place?

No chance.

The data coming through on the new variant is extremely concerning, cases are doubling every 2 weeks (and that is with a reasonable amount of the Kent variant still around) so expect that doubling time to further speed up. Hospitalisations are nearly 2.5 times more likely and also seem to affect younger people more. The key is not cases but breaking the chain between cases and hospitalisations and deaths and whilst the vaccines have certainly helped weaken this chain they have by no means broken it. It would be absolute folly from the government to lift all restrictions, if anything they should look at what they can do on top of current restrictions to slow down the surge in cases.

Prof Neil Ferguson: Covid Data all points in 'negative' direction

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
To avoid my own question I have given up predicting now. I just can't see us going from where we are now to being crammed onto trains without wearing masks in the next fortnight (which would be a minor irritation but a restriction none the less).

My suspicion is we will achieve Herd Immunity before all restrictions are lifted, although as previously pointed our that pushes the exit wave into Autumn.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
No chance.

The data coming through on the new variant is extremely concerning, cases are doubling every 2 weeks (and that is with a reasonable amount of the Kent variant still around) so expect that doubling time to further speed up. Hospitalisations are nearly 2.5 times more likely and also seem to affect younger people more. The key is not cases but breaking the chain between cases and hospitalisations and deaths and whilst the vaccines have certainly helped weaken this chain they have by no means broken it. It would be absolute folly from the government to lift all restrictions, if anything they should look at what they can do on top of current restrictions to slow down the surge in cases.

Lol.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Whatever your opinion of the 21st June date and whether or not it should be moved, this is 100% not the reason why it shouldn't be;

[tweet]1400752047679590401[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To avoid my own question I have given up predicting now. I just can't see us going from where we are now to being crammed onto trains without wearing masks in the next fortnight (which would be a minor irritation but a restriction none the less).

My suspicion is we will achieve Herd Immunity before all restrictions are lifted, although as preciously pointed our that pushes the exit wave into Autumn.

Any idea when the summer holidays end for Schools?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Anthony Fauci, the chief medical adviser to the Biden administration, has said that China must release the medical records of Chinese lab workers who fell ill with Covid-like symptoms in November 2019, writes Daniel Capurro.

Three employees at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, which was conducting research into coronaviruses, were treated in hospital for their symptoms more than a month before China informed the World Health Organisation of the new disease.

Their medical records could be vital evidence of whether Sars-Cov-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, came from a lab leak rather than a Wuhan food market.

Dr Fauci, the director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the Financial Times that China should release their records, along with those of six miners who fell ill in 2012 after entering a bat cave.

"I would like to see the medical records of the three people who are reported to have got sick in 2019," Dr Fauci told the FT. "Did they really get sick, and if so, what did they get sick with?

"The same with the miners who got ill years ago . . . What do the medical records of those people say? Was there [a] virus in those people? What was it? It is entirely conceivable that the origins of Sars-Cov-2 was in that cave and either started spreading naturally or went through the lab."

Seems to be pushing the lab route more.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“UK regulator MHRA approves Pfizer vaccine for 12 to 15-year-olds, saying it is safe and effective and benefits outweigh risks”

Posting for anyone interested..it doesn’t represent my own views

Yoda

English & European
No chance.

Where are they getting this data from that says the Delta variant causes more serious illness and hospitalisations from? As has already been posted, there have only been 90 hospitalisations from over 5000 cases. that is currently 1.8%. The Alpha (Kent) variant was seeing 6-7% of all cases seeing someone hospitalised during it's waves from November through to February.

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
“Cabinet Office minister Michael Gove has been alerted by NHS Test and Trace to say he had come into contact with someone with coronavirus.
The senior Conservative had recently returned from Portugal after supporting Chelsea in the Champions League final.
Instead of self isolating for 10 days, Mr Gove will take daily Covid tests as part of a pilot scheme designed to measure testing effectiveness.
The exercise is aimed at finding safe alternatives to self-isolation.
The Cabinet Office earlier confirmed reports that Mr Gove had been alerted by the NHS Covid app.”

I quite like the idea of this pilot scheme.......Gove is so lucky to have been randomly picked :whistle:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

My suspicion is we will achieve Herd Immunity before all restrictions are lifted, although as previously pointed our that pushes the exit wave into Autumn.

I've just been scanning through the news today and even the Telegraph, who tend to focus on the positive stuff, is sounding ominous. Numbers are now starting to rise, could be the expected exit wave as @kinkygerbils says or could be that the Delta variant is actually spreading much faster than anything we've seen before. I don't believe it's possible to call it either way because three data isn't there yet.

The ministers keep saying to wait until the 14th for an indication, if by that point hospitalisations and ICU occupancy are going up I reckon they'll postpone the last step.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here