Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
what's most reassuring is looking at that graph and seeing where hospital numbers were during the first peak when case numbers were the same as they are now. the difference between hospital cases now and then is night and day

One cannot compare the case numbers now with the early case numbers. Most of the cases identified early on, were people presenting at hospital who were already quite poorly. Now the cases are mostly asymptomatic and from the community. We were testing about 20,000 a day in March but are now testing in excess of 170,000.

Dec 29, 2011
tingle .....tingle ffs ....wakey wakey ......here's a tit bit for you , an ex girlfriend of mines older sister has worked for the gates foundation for 15 years , she comes to oz with her husband probably every other Christmas , yes surprise surprise they are ****ing minted , they bring their golf clubs and we all jump on helicopters and fly all over the shop , they both work for the gates foundation in seattle ....there is now a very murky line between they have been planning for this pandemic for 5 years and they have been panning for this plandemic for 5 years , my youngest daughters boyfriends dad works for the UN ......he drives a 180 k lexus ffs.....wakey wakey ....tingle ..?? tingle...???

People with jobs have a lot of money. How is that suspicious?

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Friend of mine tested positive on Sunday and was informed by text. However, no one has contacted him about contact tracing. Checked NHS/gov guidance and it says someone will be in touch. Anyone know how long this usually takes?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Friend of mine tested positive on Sunday and was informed by text. However, no one has contacted him about contact tracing. Checked NHS/gov guidance and it says someone will be in touch. Anyone know how long this usually takes?

No idea, but I saw a pub in Worthing & a bar in Glasgow both have incidents and confirmed cases on Saturday and still not contacted by Track & Trace

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the rise again here, so going back to strict regime again on the 9th.
To top it off, a woman i slept with last week, phoned me this evening to tell me her daughter has tested positive, and I need to get checked. Triff.

Did you have to sign in first and she’s now working her way through her track and trace list ? [emoji23]

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did you have to sign in first and she’s now working her way through her track and trace list ? [emoji23]

That's why it took a while to get round to Dave.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I simply don’t understand. So, from Monday, there’s a ban on social gatherings of more than 6 persons. Except:
If you’re in Wales, Scot or NI.
At a school or workplace
In the same BBC report, it says ‘large support bubbles or households of six Or more persons remain unaffected’

Hope this virus understands these rules and respects them, because I sure as hell don’t. Drive a bus through all those contradictions and gaps in the arguments. It makes no sense, what are these lunatics playing at? Oh, and that’s before it all changes 24hrs later no doubt.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I simply don’t understand. So, from Monday, there’s a ban on social gatherings of more than 6 persons. Except:
If you’re in Wales, Scot or NI.
At a school or workplace
In the same BBC report, it says ‘large support bubbles or households of six Or more persons remain unaffected’

Hope this virus understands these rules and respects them, because I sure as hell don’t. Drive a bus through all those contradictions and gaps in the arguments. It makes no sense, what are these lunatics playing at? Oh, and that’s before it all changes 24hrs later no doubt.

I think it means we can forget about going to the footie anytime soon.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I think it means we can forget about going to the footie anytime soon.

Organised sport is another exception. However, yes, I get the jest of what you’re saying. It really is a mess, has been since start. The guidance never appears to stand up to logic scrutiny. As if the virus observes internal borders, and other exceptions like workplace and schools. As for taking holidays in certain countries but not others...that was always going to cause, well, here we are because of! Well done holiday makers, keep up the good work (when are people going to get these aren’t normal times and sacrifices must be made?)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon
Oxford vaccine trial paused due to 'adverse reaction' in one of the participants

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1303450343452422151?s=20

very important to stress that they're unsure if this is related to the vaccine or just a coincidence/separate illness. Still though, not good news either way given this was THE one people were pinning hopes on, even if there's nothing amiss it could surely result in a possible delay in the rollout and will definitely send the anti-vaxxer crowd into overdrive

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Oxford vaccine trial paused due to 'adverse reaction' in one of the participants

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1303450343452422151?s=20

very important to stress that they're unsure if this is related to the vaccine or just a coincidence/separate illness. Still though, not good news either way given this was THE one people were pinning hopes on, even if there's nothing amiss it could surely result in a possible delay in the rollout and will definitely send the anti-vaxxer crowd into overdrive

It’s going to take years, anyone from pharmaceutical industry will confirm. I think natural immunity is more likely before a vaccine is successfully developed.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We are being governed by a total kakistocracy and we can expect countless more meaningless regulations before this is over. Total case of "We'd better be seen to be doing something".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here