Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sage will be told, thank you but we're taking a different approach now.

we know more now, and can see the social and economic cost outweigh protecting the NHS.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53875189

There's a quote from one of the SAGE scientists in this article which is highly questionable.

He's saying that less than 20% of the population have had the virus but I'm sure that figure is based on people with antibodies. With the findings about T cells the figure is likely to be much higher because not everybody produced antibodies after being infected.

At the very least he shouldn't be talking about it in absolutes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Once again though, the papers go for the cheap headline. Analysis of the situation gives a far better picture than suggested. I know things can go pear shaped pretty quickly, but there is no need for those publications to behave so irresponsibly.

Bad news sells, think of the rotational Daily Express weather headline splashes re Killer/Heatwave/Freeze/Drought/ Floods. The mainstream print media wants to scare you and make you angry so you ignore the real issues.

Yoda

English & European
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53875189

There's a quote from one of the SAGE scientists in this article which is highly questionable.

He's saying that less than 20% of the population have had the virus but I'm sure that figure is based on people with antibodies. With the findings about T cells the figure is likely to be much higher because not everybody produced antibodies after being infected.

At the very least he shouldn't be talking about it in absolutes.

It's about time the government did the same with SAGE as they did with PHE at this rate. STILL comparing a H1N1 Flu virus to a SARS-COV virus. :facepalm:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I really like this graphic. I have added a link to the article to the thread on covid articles, for those who are interested.
If you want to argue the toss over this, maybe read that first. http://nortr3nixy.nimpr.uk/showthread.php?379432-Articles-on-CV&p=9478577&viewfull=1#post9478577
F3.medium.jpg

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Great, now we are taking health advice on a Pandemic from the members of Loose Women, sack the WHO and bring out the shrieking lunchtime ladies......

Tomorrow, the perils of alcohol by Carol McGiffin!
So basically what you're saying is mental health is just a load of nonsense and the people raising awareness of it are stupid women who attend TV shows such as Loose women?

Well that's cleared up that small concern.

You can't beat a bit of open mindedness

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Great, now we are taking health advice on a Pandemic from the members of Loose Women, sack the WHO and bring out the shrieking lunchtime ladies......

Tomorrow, the perils of alcohol by Carol McGiffin!

[emoji23] I knew someone would trot this out. Facts are facts but let’s dismiss them because it’s a loose woman rather than listen to reason. The brainwashing is strong.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
[emoji23] I knew someone would trot this out. Facts are facts but let’s dismiss them because it’s a loose woman rather than listen to reason. The brainwashing is strong.

Two words to you and [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] - confirmation bias

And no, mental health issues are not anything to be laughed at, I believe Denise has suffering from depression for a long time - certainly longer than Covid. My wife has also been suffering from depression, since being diagnosed with cancer, so no, it's no laughing matter.

I am just not sure I need to be lectured to by Denise and entertainment correspondent Dan! But I guess if it raises awareness then that is a good thing, just don't tie it all in with Covid, as if Covid is the soul cause if mental health issues!

Last edited:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Two words to you and [MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION] - confirmation bias

And no, mental health issues are not anything to be laughed at, I believe Denise has suffering from depression for a long time - certainly longer than Covid. My wife has also been suffering from depression, since being diagnosed with cancer, so no, it's no laughing matter.

I am just not sure I need to be lectured to by Denise and entertainment correspondent Dan! But I guess if it raises awareness then that is a good thing, just don't tie it all in with Covid, as if Covid is the soul cause if mental health issues!

I had a gran mal seizure back in April where I was suffocating on my own vomit. My lips started going blue and the seizure apparently lasted for over 15 minutes. My flat mate rang the ambulance but they didn't come. He was told they couldn't come for it. He thought I was going to die. If you read about epilepsy you'll find out that it has a huge suicide rate. It feels almost impossible to live with it on your own. On average people who suffer from gran mals have around 2/3 a year. I'm having about 20 a year but whilst this corona virus situation is going on, people like myself are being ignored as if what I'm going through is just a common cold.
Epilepsy is the only disease classified as a physical and mental illness. It's serious but unfortunately right now, Im not receiving any help for it. Why? Because its not on the front pages of all these newspapers feeding you with your facts.
We need to help all diseases and that includes mental illnesses.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I had a gran mal seizure back in April where I was suffocating on my own vomit. My lips started going blue and the seizure apparently lasted for over 15 minutes. My flat mate rang the ambulance but they didn't come. He was told they couldn't come for it. He thought I was going to die. If you read about epilepsy you'll find out that it has a huge suicide rate. It feels almost impossible to live with it on your own. On average people who suffer from gran mals have around 2/3 a year. I'm having about 20 a year but whilst this corona virus situation is going on, people like myself are being ignored as if what I'm going through is just a common cold.
Epilepsy is the only disease classified as a physical and mental illness. It's serious but unfortunately right now, Im not receiving any help for it. Why? Because its not on the front pages of all these newspapers feeding you with your facts.

Mega, I am sorry to hear of your health problems.
This sounds just like the situation with a close family member.
In a nutshell, he is also suffering with seizures and his mental health, and on more than one occasion it nearly ended in tragedy.
I do hope you manage to secure some proper help soon.:thumbsup:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
In a nutshell, he is also suffering with seizures and his mental health, and on more than one occasion it nearly ended in tragedy.

I echo this sentiment - there are clearly no winners in the current climate. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
[MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION], I hope something like this never happens to you again!

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

I echo this sentiment - there are clearly no winners in the current climate. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

[MENTION=30847]Megazone[/MENTION], I hope something like this never happens to you again!

Thank you so much. Really kind words and helps loads from both of you. This is what makes NSC and the club I support so special. It's as if fans united has been instilled into us for all matters not just football.

I actually had a seizure only last weekend and woke up vomiting blood. I'm still very in and out of consciousness but it does help hearing people tell me of others going through similar as this is a very isolating and lonely disease (epilepsy)

Block F, this might help your relative, but I've found meditation very helpful in the recovery/rebound period after the seizures. I use the app headspace. It helps with the paranoia and memory loss you go through for the few weeks after the seizure. Often you can wake up panicking that the room is about to squash you to death. You also feel really unfamiliar to all the areas you grew up in. Brighton right now feels like how I feel when I've been to places like Luton. You know that feeling of 'I'm so glad I don't live here' starts creeping in even in your own home. That feeling of looking forward to getting home becomes strong whilst you walk around your own hometown. Even your own flat feels like some place you've never been before. Everywhere just doesn't feel like a place you recognise at all and with this lock down going on, it's become like a real living nightmare.

I've recently found out that Van Gogh's suicide and his self harming may have been related to epilepsy which your relative may find interesting and helpful to know in regards to how hard this brain disease really is and also how strong he/she is in battling through this.
I'll be fine in the end I'm sure, just gotta stay away from as much stress as possible, but when you've got every news channel telling you to fear even your own neighbours, it makes epilepsy 10x worse to control. I'm a big believer in living life with no fear regardless of what dangers are ahead and it does help with stress, I just wish there was less fear mongering in relation to Covid19. For some people, that can actually be more life threatening than the disease itself.

On a positive though, I lose so much memory after my seizures, watching games where we beat Arsenal both times on YouTube is almost like getting to experience it as enjoyably as the original moments. I also like to believe the struggles the Albion faced and the dream come true of where we are now is a reflection of what I will one day get to experience. I've just got to keep going and not give up, but like I said before, your comments are massive for me and help to get me feeling familiar to my norm.
I'll be putting out positive thoughts for your relative Block F and I really hope things improve for them. It must be very scary seeing loved ones fit and something I've never faced so I hope things for you too get easier as it's everyone related who struggles with this, not just the epilepsy carriers. So God bless and thank you all so much.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

that sounds awful mate ....do you qualify for cbd..??

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
that sounds awful mate ....do you qualify for cbd..??

I've actually stopped smoking weed since my last seizure (last weekend). It definitely helps the recovery and gets your mental health back to where it was before the seizure, but the dangers are that without it you're in even more danger of another seizure. All anti epileptic medication has failed on me from Tegretol to Lamotrigine so weed has been my only thing which half works, but to be honest it hasn't really prevented the high amount of fits im currently having. I've only just recently been told(not by a doctor) thst apparently it's the THC in cannabis which is the anti epileptic. The CBD is good for healing but won't work on its own.
As silly as this sounds, my last seizure was triggered by the Dillian Whyte KO Povetkin landed on him. I thought I'd just watched someone get killed and was very on edge until I saw him get back to his feet. It was far too distressing for me. So I went outside onto my balcony and actually smoked a CBD spliff without any THC in it as I was giving it a test, but then woke up 5 hours later on the balcony floor battered and cut up, completely unsure what had happened. Then came the vomiting of blood which I'd never experienced after a seizure before.

Apparently things like Bluetooth, broadband and 4G are bad for some types epilepsy and might be linked. When I was 20, my epilepsy disappeared for the next 10 years and it happened without medication or weed., but it happened in a place (Ibiza) where broadband didn't exist at the time and I didn't have any wireless connections travelling around me either. I basically went 5 months without a mobile phone or laptop out there and it disappeared. God knows what I was thinking looking back going out there on my own having the epilepsy I did, but it worked. I went there 2 years ago for 3 months and again, I didn't have another seizure for the next 6 months. I wonder if Es Vedra (magnetic Rock) and its healing stories maybe true?

My doctor recommended I start turning off my phone and the router when I sleep to see if there could be a link. It's just annoying that when you tell people the dangers phone connections have with the brain they then start accusing you of claiming 5G causes Covid19. I'm just worried what these wireless connections might be doing to me, especially when we're soon to be putting 5G out and there's been loads of concerns about it. It damages buildings hence why Downs Junior school (listed building) had it stopped from being installed next to it. So what might it be doing to my brain damage god knows, but it clearly isn't safe. Really hoping 5G doesn't go ahead. I'm very worried about it. There's been so many cases of people fitting due to 4G, what on earth might 5G do I don't know but it feels like this could finish me off if it is as dangerous as I'm being warned.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I've actually stopped smoking weed since my last seizure (last weekend). It definitely helps the recovery and gets your mental health back to where it was before the seizure, but the dangers are that without it you're in even more danger of another seizure. All anti epileptic medication has failed on me from Tegretol to Lamotrigine so weed has been my only thing which half works, but to be honest it hasn't really prevented the high amount of fits im currently having. I've only just recently been told(not by a doctor) thst apparently it's the THC in cannabis which is the anti epileptic. The CBD is good for healing but won't work on its own.
As silly as this sounds, my last seizure was triggered by the Dillian Whyte KO Povetkin landed on him. I thought I'd just watched someone get killed and was very on edge until I saw him get back to his feet. It was far too distressing for me. So I went outside onto my balcony and actually smoked a CBD spliff without any THC in it as I was giving it a test, but then woke up 5 hours later on the balcony floor battered and cut up, completely unsure what had happened. Then came the vomiting of blood which I'd never experienced after a seizure before.

Apparently things like Bluetooth, broadband and 4G are bad for some types epilepsy and might be linked. When I was 20, my epilepsy disappeared for the next 10 years and it happened without medication or weed., but it happened in a place (Ibiza) where broadband didn't exist at the time and I didn't have any wireless connections travelling around me either. I basically went 5 months without a mobile phone or laptop out there and it disappeared. God knows what I was thinking looking back going out there on my own having the epilepsy I did, but it worked. I went there 2 years ago for 3 months and again, I didn't have another seizure for the next 6 months. I wonder if Es Vedra (magnetic Rock) and its healing stories maybe true?

My doctor recommended I start turning off my phone and the router when I sleep to see if there could be a link. It's just annoying that when you tell people the dangers phone connections have with the brain they then start accusing you of claiming 5G causes Covid19. I'm just worried what these wireless connections might be doing to me, especially when we're soon to be putting 5G out and there's been loads of concerns about it. It damages buildings hence why Downs Junior school (listed building) had it stopped from being installed next to it. So what might it be doing to my brain damage god knows, but it clearly isn't safe. Really hoping 5G doesn't go ahead. I'm very worried about it. There's been so many cases of people fitting due to 4G, what on earth might 5G do I don't know but it feels like this could finish me off if it is as dangerous as I'm being warned.

faaaarrrk mate ....!! i'm hearing you re 5g , it has had some pretty bad press and a lot of people are against it , i'm not a fan to be honest and it screamed out something was not right when while a lot of the population was locked down the 5g towers were going up all over the place but yeah , conspiracy theorists...:rolleyes:

but never mind that , i had a mate who kept having fits , it turned out he had an arachnoid cyst in the middle of his head , 20 % of his brain was a void full off fluid ...!!

i really hope things get better for you soon pal , it puts all the pointless sniping into perspective when someone is having real problems , a lot of stress around for us all at the moment but some more than others , peace and love brother , all the best syd.

have you looked at crystals ...?? serious question , some of them absorb radiation , my mate with the cyst he used to work servicing X-ray machines , mri machines and stuff ...he was into it ...!! he's moved back to Sydney now but as far as know he is fine still , no more fits....take care.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
faaaarrrk mate ....!! i'm hearing you re 5g , it has had some pretty bad press and a lot of people are against it , i'm not a fan to be honest and it screamed out something was not right when while a lot of the population was locked down the 5g towers were going up all over the place but yeah , conspiracy theorists...:rolleyes:

but never mind that , i had a mate who kept having fits , it turned out he had an arachnoid cyst in the middle of his head , 20 % of his brain was a void full off fluid ...!!

i really hope things get better for you soon pal , it puts all the pointless sniping into perspective when someone is having real problems , a lot of stress around for us all at the moment but some more than others , peace and love brother , all the best syd.

have you looked at crystals ...?? serious question , some of them absorb radiation , my mate with the cyst he used to work servicing X-ray machines , mri machines and stuff ...he was into it ...!! he's moved back to Sydney now but as far as know he is fine still , no more fits....take care.

Thank you so much for your concerns, it really does help. Much appreciated.
I've not been told anything about crystals but you've opened my mind to it now. Gonna give this some research and give it a try. Already feeling positive/confident about this hearing its effects on your mate. Good to hear he's doing well. Gives me hope.
Thanks Sydney for this and I hope your mate is still doing well.
God bless.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Anyone else been getting ill quite a lot since lockdown? I've probably had four or five different coughs/colds since March and can't really understand where I'm getting them from. I guess the recent ones are likely to have come from my daughter's nursery.

I've had my third test this week - still waiting for the result - but I almost feel like I'm wasting time getting them now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here