Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are so many figures being thrown around that you can get a bit lost in the deluge. One simple figure I just heard made an impact: at the royal Berkshire Hosptial yesterday, a grand total of 7 staff were given the Covid test.

A couple of weeks ago unless I misheard, our wonderful PM was taling about 250K (not 'just' 25K) tests a day being administered.

My daughter-in-law works on the wards at St Richards in Chichester.

It’s turning into an outright scandal. It all sounded very good 2 weeks ago talking about extensive testing but it’s still nowhere near happening and yet it is elsewhere. Even the governments own fan-boy newspapers are turning on them. Disarray at present. Talking the talk but not delivering at all and the excuses aren’t good enough, people are dying and we knew 2 months ago it was on its way at this scale.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I was wondering where all the loons had gone I have found you all safe and well on this thread, conspiracy theories and anecdotal stories are be more dangerous than the virus it's self my advice don't go on Twitter, Facebook limit your time on here and follow the Governments advice stay at home don't mix with others outside of your household limit time out to try keep you and yours safe, this virus will run its course as did The plague, Spanish Flu, Ebola and SARS it is highly unlikely you will die sit tight and do somthing useful as necessity is the mother of invention just look at the two Italian lads who converted a snorkelling mask into a respirator mask, we all have it within us go serch for your inner creativity, peace love goodnight all

Could learning how to use a full stop be considered something useful?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Peoples wages need to be changed after this, the key workers should be the most highly paid and then it should trickle down to the jobs that dont really matter. There will be alot of pissed off people

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Looks like we have another 'bank holiday' weekend coming up. Please stay at home this time you fukken nimrods.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Peoples wages need to be changed after this, the key workers should be the most highly paid and then it should trickle down to the jobs that dont really matter. There will be alot of pissed off people

Privatisation of the NHS should help that

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Apparently we need 90,000 British pickers to keep the shelves stacked with fresh produce because those pesky foreigners cant get here

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
It’s turning into an outright scandal. It all sounded very good 2 weeks ago talking about extensive testing but it’s still nowhere near happening and yet it is elsewhere. Even the governments own fan-boy newspapers are turning on them. Disarray at present. Talking the talk but not delivering at all and the excuses aren’t good enough, people are dying and we knew 2 months ago it was on its way at this scale.

we dont have the test kits. there are testing stations set up, so im inclinded to believe the sourcing of the kits is problem, somewhere in the production line. one reason was given, rejected by the media, we have no other reasons though.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Alas Sunday looks set to be warm and sunny.

I fear that quite a few selfish souls will have had enough and 'hook up' in the fresh air and sunshine. :facepalm:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
we dont have the test kits. there are testing stations set up, so im inclinded to believe the sourcing of the kits is problem, somewhere in the production line. one reason was given, rejected by the media, we have no other reasons though.

Which is why we need honesty from our politicians. We were told 2 weeks ago we would be mass testing by now. If there are supply chain issues, don't say you can do something it it's not achievable. Same with PPE. It has only been in recent briefings the scientists / experts have been far more cautious on getting this stuff than the politicians.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Surely this is partly the supermarkets fault? This is what reductions are designed to do.

Reductions are to try to get rid of stock that you would otherwise have to waste ie either damaged goods or stuff about to expire. This is not the same as Promotions (buy 1 get 1 free etc) which have, by and large, been suspended for the time being.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

It isn't going to happen, there will be a few perks for NHS staff and those in the Care Sector for a while, mostly in the form of small businesses offering free coffees or small permanent discounts in cafes and restaurants but we will quickly get back to the stage of having to work hard to get the economy moving again. So, expect the usual people, those at the bottom, to have to tighten their belts and " Take it on the Chin " as usual. It would be lovely to see things change but sadly the efficiency of moving cash quickly through national businesses and up and away abroad or to shareholders will continue apace.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Which is why we need honesty from our politicians. We were told 2 weeks ago we would be mass testing by now. If there are supply chain issues, don't say you can do something it it's not achievable. Same with PPE. It has only been in recent briefings the scientists / experts have been far more cautious on getting this stuff than the politicians.

3 weeks ago see were told by the government that mass testing wasn't the answer. Days later the head of the WHO reiterated, in what seemed like a direct appeal to Johnson, the need to "test, test, test".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
3 weeks ago see were told by the government that mass testing wasn't the answer. Days later the head of the WHO reiterated, in what seemed like a direct appeal to Johnson, the need to "test, test, test".

WHO made their comment specifically for contact testing. mass testing is not practical in time scales, example 50k a day would cover 1.5m a month, ~2% the population.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Hope it’s people out volunteering helping the vulnerable ect, but I fear the british public don’t have the discipline to literally stay indoors and do nothing for a few weeks :rolleyes:

Policing this over a warm weekend is going to be a nightmare as resources are needed elsewhere but you have to say it’s shameful it even needs to be policed, it’s not that hard to just stay indoors is it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here