Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
i is confused. Is it ok if I go out for a picnic and then play beach ball with all my workmates coz it’s a nice day and I’ve been in all weekend.

That’s ok right guyz?

Please can someone confirm.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If it’s only key workers allowed to go to work- that has shut down a huge number of businesses. Anyone else, who cannot work from home, now cannot work?

That’s right. The business will still tick over in admin and communications by the owners etc.

Millions of other businesses are already operating with staff working from home.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gov.uk website is now stark:

Stay at Home
Only go outside for food, health reasons and essential work

I think the sentiment here is clear. It’s a national emergency. Only travel to work if the work is absolutely necessary.

However, there must be some ambiguity if people don’t ‘clearly’ don’t get it!

Ambiguous, and undefined, as of now that is a matter of opinion.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Sadiq Khan has upgraded it to ‘only people working in a critical industry like the NHS’.

37e556b7058e6c1d79a336ff0147d664.jpg

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You can only go outside for exercise one time a day? I doubt very much there would be any way they could enforce this. If someone gets stopped they will say ' its my first bit exercise today' even if it wasn't.

are you danny ocean? ???

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Of course you carry on, trade suppliers haven’t been told to shut and the self employed have still got to work.

is that certain, where's info from?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Of course you carry on, trade suppliers haven’t been told to shut and the self employed have still got to work.

Why would trade suppliers not sit under retail / shops?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
is that certain, where's info from?

Non essential shops closed, clothes , electrical etc. Nothing about trade supplies, so still trading.
No mention of building sites closing, many of trades are self employed and nothing mentioned of helping them out, so carry on.
I suspect once the self employment issue has been sorted, then the sites will be closed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Non essential shops closed, clothes , electrical etc. Nothing about trade supplies, so still trading.

Essential is food and medicine. Not building materials ! Police and council will be out tomorrow closing things up

Shopping for basics necessities like food and medicine, with Downing Street saying you should do this "as infrequently as possible" and use food delivery services "where you can"
•One form of exercise a day, such as a run, walk or cycle. This can be done alone or with members of your household
•Any medical need, to give care or to help a vulnerable person
•Travelling to and from work, but only if this is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You can only go outside for exercise one time a day? I doubt very much there would be any way they could enforce this. If someone gets stopped they will say ' its my first bit exercise today' even if it wasn't.
A lot of the rules will be next to impossible to enforce, but they shouldn't need to be. Everyone should follow the rules, and if you don't, you're putting people's lives at risk.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Essential is food and medicine. Not building materials ! Police and council will be out tomorrow closing things up

Shopping for basics necessities like food and medicine, with Downing Street saying you should do this "as infrequently as possible" and use food delivery services "where you can"
•One form of exercise a day, such as a run, walk or cycle. This can be done alone or with members of your household
•Any medical need, to give care or to help a vulnerable person
•Travelling to and from work, but only if this is "absolutely necessary" and cannot be done from home

If you can’t work from home then it’s essential..... to live! Self employed haven’t been sorted yet, so you have to work.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Sadiq Khan has upgraded it to ‘only people working in a critical industry like the NHS’.

37e556b7058e6c1d79a336ff0147d664.jpg

He's also clarified the exercise issue. Johnson said "one form of exercise per day" not one session. So I could go running a dozen times over the course of a day, or cycle all day. That's not what he meant. But surely whoever writes this stuff (Cummings?) should get the wording correct? Otherwise there will be ambiguity and uncertainty. It's a pseudo-legal statement after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here