Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can I just confirm being self employed I can claim sick pay through universal credit? And private rent can claim 30% off in housing benefit?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
£94 a week is nowhere near 80% of what I earn in a month! Ffs the self employed will be hit the hardest

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I think there could be more measures to come for self-employed. E.g. deliver £ relief by reducing January tax bill or direct grants. This is being put together at speed. More measures will inevitably follow to deal with gaps.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's the big stores the plonkers are turning up to in their cars and doing a supermarket sweep style shop. Smaller stores more likely frequented by basket shoppers who may still be just buying what they actually want rather than 400 tins of soup.

Yep, been avoiding the supermarkets and just using the local co-op etc. Few bits every couple of days, bit of flexibility on what meals to have for the next couple of days, dead easy really........

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
to be quite frank, if you haven't started getting prepared for this then more fool you.
Well yes, I'm naturally ashamed that I'm not a **** like you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Smaller stores more likely frequented by basket shoppers who may still be just buying what they actually want rather than 400 tins of soup.
What fools. Just you wait until drew hears about this!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My son is a musician and works part time in a bar to make ends meet. He is now ****ed.
Could he fall into the self employed category which can claim sick pay?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don't know if it's been answered already, but Italy has been in lockdown for what 10 days now, at what point should these figures start coming down?

The damage was done with Italy very early when large portions of them flouted the guidelines and did everything they weren’t meant to do, I think someone on here before said Italy has the highest % of over 65’s in Europe and (unfortunately in this case) quite tightly knit families so I would imagine lots of those imbeciles that flouted the rules have taken the virus back home and inadvertently given it to older family members.

We can only hope we can do enough now to stop us heading the same way, made me so angry today seeing a few pubs in Brighton very busy, an absolute disgrace to society.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’d obviously seen the reports of shortages at supermarkets but nothing prepared me for my first visit to Gatwick Tesco’s today. It has been two weeks since the wife and I had been shopping, as in so called ‘high risk’ groups, we’ve both been following advice to minimise contact with others as much as possible.

We went in the hour that Tesco’s have advertised as specially for essential workers and the elderly. It was absolutely packed but most of the shelves were empty. Fortunately we managed to get some milk, veg and some salad. No tins of anything, no bread, no flour, rice or any other dried goods. We gave in and came home. I’m just hoping that as people find their store cupboards full or run out of money the shelves will start to fill again.

Where are people storing all the bread, milk and other stuff - I spoke to a friend who works at Tesco’s and they said they are still getting just as many deliveries in as normal, in some categories more than normal. I don’t understand it - surely freezer space is limited as are cupboards!

Me and wife both work 6 am to 6 pm, we buy daily what we need, finding it hard due to when we get to the store it's empty.
Lucky for me as I deliver goods to supermarkets, they have let me buy certain things outside of opening hours.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The damage was done with Italy very early when large portions of them flouted the guidelines and did everything they weren’t meant to do, I think someone on here before said Italy has the highest % of over 65’s in Europe and (unfortunately in this case) quite tightly knit families so I would imagine lots of those imbeciles that flouted the rules have taken the virus back home and inadvertently given it to older family members.

We can only hope we can do enough now to stop us heading the same way, made me so angry today seeing a few pubs in Brighton very busy, an absolute disgrace to society.

That reminds me of somewhere more local.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here