Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My views and experience of 111 are basically unprintable!

I used it yesterday. I rang about 10am because I started with shingles. The medical advice is to start taking anti viral tablets asap. The doctor finally called at 7pm but there was still time for my other half to drive into Brighton to the emergency chemist to collect the medication.
It was interesting to note when you ring, its press 1 for the coronavirus queries, and 2 for other diseases, illnesses. I’m presuming the 1s get priority.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Just went on to the CDC website and wished I hadn't.

It wasn't anything to do with the Coronavirus - it was all the other outbreaks that are doing the rounds in the States from Listeria (from hard boiled eggs) to some other nasty you can get from puppies in pet stores.

As Loudon Wainwright said "It's been a hard day on the planet"

"A new disease every day and the old ones are coming back"

Last edited:

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
40,000 infected, 900 deaths. That's over 2%, where's the 1% from?

As about 37,000 of those are sick then a 2% of the remainer will push that number up to nearer 5%.

Lot of denial in this topic.

Would t be unethical to sneak a couple of infectees into the Palace end or would they come out with even more infections?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
the point of 111 is for people with minor medical issues to log their issue with the NHS, feel better about it and not block up A&E. if anything is remotely serious they'll defer to a doctor or simply send to GP/A&E to avoid liability.
Really? I've been sent to a and e every time. Though mostly with the kids admittedly.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
A few countries now advising against travel to Singapore .

We're not going there until April on a 4 day layover to Oz but looking for the sweet spot in relation to hotel bookings. Have also taken out travel Insurance with cancellation cover. Worst case scenario is Australia go a bit dizzy on things.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
As about 37,000 of those are sick then a 2% of the remainer will push that number up to nearer 5%.

Lot of denial in this topic.

Would t be unethical to sneak a couple of infectees into the Palace end or would they come out with even more infections?

That is not how statistics work. It’s clearly number of cases by number of deaths.

Lots of panicking in this topic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That is not how statistics work. It’s clearly number of cases by number of deaths.
Dicking around like that causes big problems. Look at Wakefield and autism ....

Lots of panicking in this topic.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Judging by the way humanity is dealing with something that can't be statistically classified as more dangerous than the flu I'd say we've all got a bigger chance of dying from mass stupidity or complications from damage caused by the permanent holding of a phone a few inches from the eyes.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
A few countries now advising against travel to Singapore .

We're not going there until April on a 4 day layover to Oz but looking for the sweet spot in relation to hotel bookings. Have also taken out travel Insurance with cancellation cover. Worst case scenario is Australia go a bit dizzy on things.

I assume you had the insurance in place when you booked, if not check the t&cs very carefully

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The French Alps ex-pats lived in a large house on Lyndhurst Road, Hove. (Between BHASVIC’s field and Wickes).
Well now you've gone and said where Potter lives :eek:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Gas mask type things to be handed out to every Brighton resident, check points set up with the Military scanning people for increased temperatures, house to house searches for sick people. Curfew hours to be confirmed shortly.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Gas mask type things to be handed out to every Brighton resident, check points set up with the Military scanning people for increased temperatures, house to house searches for sick people. Curfew hours to be confirmed shortly.

And don’t forget red X’s on front doors of house’s with contamination!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here