Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Gas mask type things to be handed out to every Brighton resident, check points set up with the Military scanning people for increased temperatures, house to house searches for sick people. Curfew hours to be confirmed shortly.

Just heard that the military enforcement of the curfew will be shoot-to-kill by the way, that will not go down with the liberal elite!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Just heard that the military enforcement of the curfew will be shoot-to-kill by the way, that will not go down with the liberal elite!

No, but an ideal opportunity to send the wife down shops for some beers at 10PM. Either she comes back with a few chilled tinnies for the quarantine or I get a life insurance payout

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I used it yesterday. I rang about 10am because I started with shingles. The medical advice is to start taking anti viral tablets asap. The doctor finally called at 7pm but there was still time for my other half to drive into Brighton to the emergency chemist to collect the medication.
It was interesting to note when you ring, its press 1 for the coronavirus queries, and 2 for other diseases, illnesses. I’m presuming the 1s get priority.

Hope you get better soon.
My 89 year old mother-in-law is still suffering the after effects of shingles several weeks later. Anyway, I am sure you are much younger and stronger!
My experiences of the 'phone service' involved my late mum and dad.........it wasn't good!
Anyway, good luck!:thumbsup:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Was walking through the office yesterday (I work in London). And a Japanese guy came past me wearing a mask.

I had to do a double take. Assume he thinks he’ll be in charge of the company when us reckless types (ie the other 600 people in the building) all die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A few countries now advising against travel to Singapore .

We're not going there until April on a 4 day layover to Oz but looking for the sweet spot in relation to hotel bookings. Have also taken out travel Insurance with cancellation cover. Worst case scenario is Australia go a bit dizzy on things.

We're flying to Singapore in two weeks. :ohmy:

Not staying, though - straight on to NZ.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hope you get better soon.
My 89 year old mother-in-law is still suffering the after effects of shingles several weeks later. Anyway, I am sure you are much younger and stronger!
My experiences of the 'phone service' involved my late mum and dad.........it wasn't good!
Anyway, good luck!:thumbsup:

Thank you. Younger, yes, stronger? Not sure about that. I just want to get rid of the pain.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
I assume you had the insurance in place when you booked, if not check the t&cs very carefully

The Insurance was taken out a few weeks back. Had a quick look and in the T & C's they wont cover any cancellation if :

'any circumstance that could reasonably be anticipated at the time you booked your trip '. I guess that would be their get out clause but if the UK advise against travel to Singapore in the next few weeks / months would that have been 'reasonably anticipated ' ? Possibly now but not when I took out the cover.

There's also this

' claims arising from prohibitive regulations by the government of any country '. - they would probably argue any potential Govt advice on travel was prohibitive.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Was walking through the office yesterday (I work in London). And a Japanese guy came past me wearing a mask.

I had to do a double take. Assume he thinks he’ll be in charge of the company when us reckless types (ie the other 600 people in the building) all die.

You can also look at it as some of my colleagues explained when working in the Far East that it may be them protecting you from what he may or may not have. People who wear these are not necessarily protecting themselves, but the wider population.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

On the Brighton to Lewes train this morning there were at least 4 people wearing masks. 2 were Asian (who you might culturally expect to wear masks if they were ill) and 2 were white European looking. Also I see most places have sold out of hand gel. People are starting to get concerned if not worried.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On the Brighton to Lewes train this morning there were at least 4 people wearing masks. 2 were Asian (who you might culturally expect to wear masks if they were ill) and 2 were white European looking. Also I see most places have sold out of hand gel. People are starting to get concerned if not worried.

I have used hand gel for a while now.

That came from being on cruises where norovirus can take off very quickly.

Do you also use a paper towel to open the toilet door and throw it away afterwards as so many dicks don’t wash their hands after using the loo? That is one of my bug bears ( sic)

What really annoyed me at times was as you go into all the restaurants and buffets on board, there is always a couple of crew members squirting you’re hands with hand gel..so many ( mainly Americans and Italians) just walk in and wipe the gel off on their clothing. And wonder why people get ill!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Do you also use a paper towel to open the toilet door and throw it away afterwards as so many dicks don’t wash their hands after using the loo? That is one of my bug bears ( sic)

I come into contact with loads of customers in my work so have used hand gel for years too. Pretty sure it has stopped me getting various colds/lurgies over the years. Which is how I've noticed it is sold out as I needed to replenish anyway. Also do the toilet door thing too as it's shocking how many people don't bother washigng their hands.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

Wearing masks doesn’t protect against Coronavirus but let them carry on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gas mask type things to be handed out to every Brighton resident, check points set up with the Military scanning people for increased temperatures, house to house searches for sick people. Curfew hours to be confirmed shortly.

I thought I'd clicked the banned Thermos thread.

That post still made sense.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I come into contact with loads of customers in my work so have used hand gel for years too. Pretty sure it has stopped me getting various colds/lurgies over the years. Which is how I've noticed it is sold out as I needed to replenish anyway. Also do the toilet door thing too as it's shocking how many people don't bother washigng their hands.

It's the half washers that are worst. Splash some water on, 'dry' your hands for 5 seconds and then spread your germs all over the handle.

Cheers lads.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

What really annoyed me at times was as you go into all the restaurants and buffets on board, there is always a couple of crew members squirting you’re hands with hand gel..so many ( mainly Americans and Italians) just walk in and wipe the gel off on their clothing. And wonder why people get ill!

The percentage of blokes that don't wash their hands after a crap is horrific.
The other day a guy sat in the cubicle next to mine eating a packet of crisps whilst he was curling one out.
Crunch, munch, plop. Crunch, munch plop. After hearing him clean himself up he went straight back to his pack of crisps and straight out of the door giving the sink a miss.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong

Not really sure why this offends you so much? I'm guessing that you're not well travelled?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The percentage of blokes that don't wash their hands after a crap is horrific.
The other day a guy sat in the cubicle next to mine eating a packet of crisps whilst he was curling one out.
Crunch, munch, plop. Crunch, munch plop. After hearing him clean himself up he went straight back to his pack of crisps and straight out of the door giving the sink a miss.

FFS. That is GRIM. :ohmy: :sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here