Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Early signs that absolutely nothing changes. Elderly or at risk not to go on crises and school trips abroad cancelled. That’s about it apparently

History will judge whether this country has already left it too late to take decisive action and is now sitting on its collective hands (after washing them of course)

AmexRuislip

Retired Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That nonsense has been circulating on Facebook.

The drinking every 15mins as it washes the virus into the stomach is fake news bollocks. I have no idea if holding your breath for 10 secs is a real thing or not.

Drinking plenty of water is a healthy thing to do. So really no harm in drinking lots, just don't expect to be washing any viruses into your waiting stomach acids.

Already been fact checked as rubbish.

Cheers :thumbsup:
Just been sent to me on Whatsapp :)

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Never fear chaps, American televangelism has (as usual) got this one

[TWEET]1238110096334479364[/TWEET]

Oh, I just thought, why did we not think of this earlier? We just need to PRAY, that will help everything, surely? :glare:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cheerful news from Johnson...….."We have done what can be done to contain disease, which has bought us valuable time.
"But it is now a global pandemic and the worst public health crisis for a generation."
He adds: "I must level with you, the British public, more families will lose their loved ones before their time."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty direct wording from Johnson. There does seem to be a surprising number of people about who don’t think this is actually serious in any way...

"But it is now a global pandemic and the worst public health crisis for a generation."

He adds: "I must level with you, the British public, more families will lose their loved ones before their time."

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I cancelled and I’ve lost my money. I’m not sure if the declaration of the pandemic invalidates any insurance anyway

Why would you cancel if you've lost your money anyway? Wouldn't it be better to leave it and see if the airline or holiday company cancels, obligating them to refund you? Or maybe you are avoiding further charges by cancelling now?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Grim but honest assessment. Many families will lose loved ones.

Estimates currently 5 - 10k cases in the UK currently.

Currently still on the flat part of the bell curve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here