Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Just been reading about the hit to the 'hospitality' industry in this country, that's the problem with relying on people being well and out and about. They've said yesterdays measures are nowhere near enough to keep them going , the same with the travel/holiday industry there are going to be a hell of a lot of staff laid off and £94 or UC is not going to keep people fed and mortgages/rent paid

Friends in virgin Atlantic have been offered today a choice of 10% paycut or enforced unpaid leave.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Matey on the news seems to think not too much will be announced in the press conference.

Good old blighty, that's the bulldog spirit.

pukka up and get your chins out. Make sure nan has her will all tickety boo.

Marvelous...... tea and scones anyone.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Just been reading about the hit to the 'hospitality' industry in this country, that's the problem with relying on people being well and out and about. They've said yesterdays measures are nowhere near enough to keep them going , the same with the travel/holiday industry there are going to be a hell of a lot of staff laid off and £94 or UC is not going to keep people fed and mortgages/rent paid

Know several people that have had "at risk" letters. The ground is being laid for redundancy, lay-offs and unpaid leave. The social and mental health impact of this whole thing is at least as scary as the physical medical consequences. Modern life appears to be suffering a schism that is unprecedented outside of global armed conflict. ****ing head-spinning times.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Know several people that have had "at risk" letters. The ground is being laid for redundancy, lay-offs and unpaid leave. The social and mental health impact of this whole thing is at least as scary as the physical medical consequences. Modern life appears to be suffering a schism that is unprecedented outside of global armed conflict. ****ing head-spinning times.

Now we find out the damage that has been done to the welfare 'safety net'. I feel worried not only for those sick but those losing their livelihoods too

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I live in a part of Gothenburg regarded as a "no-go" zone; we've got drug addicts, drug dealers, drug stealers, drug producers, drug smugglers, people with guns, knives...

Surreal trip to the local store today, seeing 30+ gangsters queing up with toilet paper was pretty ****ing surreal.

If you work for the Gothenburg Tourism Bureau... you are not doing a very good job :D

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

This is what I've been worrying about for weeks and people laughed at me!

Sturgeon saying if schools do close it could be til the summer
At least I would think. It's not just going to disapear.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
News conference with Prime Minister and government medical expert advisers expected shortly.

ES7BTrVXQAElGxI.jpg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Coronavirus / Covid-19

I am starting to worry about our Chief Medical Officer and the fact that he is the only Chief Medical Officer in the world whose sole advice so far has been to wash ones hands.

Who appoints him by the way?

Not Cummings/Johnson by any chance?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
So a completed COBRA meeting but no government announcement afterwards. Wow!

I was wondering whether this was due to them getting messages out to the key business leaders prior to a mass announcement that could cause panic/major questions for them.

I am probably wrong and it'll just be to announce that we really really need to wash our hands

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I am probably wrong and it'll just be to announce that we really really need to wash our hands

"Quick, someone think of a well known song they can take 30 seconds to sing!"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here