Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Spain gone from 2-3 thousand in last day up 1000 in 24 hours, and deaths doubled from 45 odd to 90 odd.

Yep, Spain has got a real problem, they look like they will be needing to take measures like Italy soon (well already actually, as we do too, no doubt).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In all seriousness, I still don't think focusing on worst-case scenarios is necessarily helpful, nor taking selected quotes or data out of context to paint a picture that is worse than the likely reality.

I'm not accusing you of either of those things by the way, but we certainly have seen some of that on here over the past week or so. However, it IS right that everyone find that balance of not panicking but at the same time taking this seriously.
Worst-case is too upsetting to think about really. We'll all be hoping for best-case, but that won't be achieved without people taking it seriously, and changing the way they live for a little while.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Dilemma in our house. Got 2 weeks in canaries booked for Easter 4-18 April. It would be good if it were possible to claim on the travel insurance, which it’s not yet.

We are booked with TUI so you can pretty much bet unless the government force them to lockdown that they are not going to as it would be utter financial turmoil for them I would imagine. Just have to keep the fingers crossed & hope, we are heading to the Dominican Republic which currently has only 1 confirmed case I believe. Could work in my favour that it’s out of Europe.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Dilemma in our house. Got 2 weeks in canaries booked for Easter 4-18 April. It would be good if it were possible to claim on the travel insurance, which it’s not yet.

I cancelled and I’ve lost my money. I’m not sure if the declaration of the pandemic invalidates any insurance anyway

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Worst-case is too upsetting to think about really. We'll all be hoping for best-case, but that won't be achieved without people taking it seriously, and changing the way they live for a little while.

Agreed. It may be that "flattening the curve" and managing the spread is achieved by everyone making at least a number of small changes to how they live life.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How long does it take Cobra to decide on things ? My company is awaiting the advice of the government and yet they remain very silent !

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We have the week off after next and were hoping to grab a last minute ski deal. Still on sale for Andorra, Austria etc, so tempted, but whole world may have ground to a halt by then!

Hopefully it will to stop people going on totally unnecessary trips.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We have just binned Skype as Microsoft are binning it...we use TEAMS now.

After teething issues, it actually pretty good now

We have TEAMS too but none of us have learned how to use it because we are . . . too busy.

I was a happy Skype user but when I got a new laptop last year I was forced to adopt a new Skype address and 'skype for business' and I have not used it once.

But...I have now managed to change two physcal appointments to Skype for early next week, and am not going up to London.

Latest news is my college is likely to go full shutdown soon.....

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Unbelievable that they're only chairing the Cobra meeting at 1pm today - what the **** were they waiting for? BoJo to have his breakfast AND lunch?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Technically every trip ever is unnecessary; at times there can be consequences but necessity is in the eye of the beholder.

To a degree you're right but a holiday is certainly not necessary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here