GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
696F1F60-EDC4-4627-84E9-D9C789BD52ED.jpeg

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
No, herd immunity is also attained by a proportion of people having had the virus, and therefore no longer able to get it or spread it.
This.

And it is our strategy.

As well as trying to stop everyone getting it at once.

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My wife is a dental nurse. The NHS has sent out a guideline to all surgeries that the Lulworth is that all surgeries will be closed in two weeks. They will be sending another update in the next 1 to 2 weeks.

The surgery is now running out of masks and gloves.

The NHS also suggested that she start stockpiling food ready for the next 2 weeks.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Just checked with my daughter who is a dental nurse in Southwick and she is unaware of any guideline. So perhaps it is a localised objective or management are keeping it a secret. They also have the problem of shortages to gloves, masks and hand sanitiser.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
They will be rare cases - either those people have immune system weakness, or got a false/premature "all clear".

No expert, and who of us knows the actual truth?

But heard various experts like many in here, saying it's highly unlikely.... Much more likely a negative test was faulty and it flared up again.... Most seemed to concur once you're throught it, there is some kind of immunity.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Received this morning. All on separate occasions.
1x 3 takeaway menus
1x charity bag
1x takeaway menu (singular)
1x letter and lightning cable off ebay originally from China no doubt.

4 different chances for coronavirus to be posted directly into my home through the letterbox.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
If you get the virus and recover it's because your body has learned to produce antibodies. This makes it very unlikely you will contract the same virus again, if it enters your system again your body will spot it immediately and kill it.

If it was to mutate significantly then perhaps there is a risk but from what I understand it would have to change significantly, and it isn't doing that at the moment.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Received this morning. All on separate occasions.
1x 3 takeaway menus
1x charity bag
1x takeaway menu (singular)
1x letter and lightning cable off ebay originally from China no doubt.

4 different chances for coronavirus to be posted directly into my home through the letterbox.

Pick it all up in your marigold gloves.

Throw the takeaway menus in the bin or paper recycling.

Stick a couple of bog rolls in the charity bag (you really don't need that many)

Place china item in another bag and lock it away for a week (till any covid has long since snuffed it)

Spray letter box with Dettol, remove gloves and reattend to the pasta carbonara UHT sauce

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a pal who is a brilliant mathematical modeller. Full professor in his early 30s. He just sent me this in an email:

"Currently there is 20% per day growth that is a 3.6 fold increase in the number of cases a week.

Italy imploded at 10k cases. At the current rate we get there by the end of march."

He and his modellers have been issued with high end laptops by his department, and his department has sent everyone home till the end of April.

Meanwhile my department (a health sciences department in the school of medicine, ironically) is still at work. Who to trust, medical doctors or computer modellers?

I think I'll carry on working at home for now. I have appointments next week that I should probably cancel. Skype is my friend.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Just been told that from tomorrow everyone in our company, based in the City of London, has to work from home for a month. A MONTH!!

People working from home on Day 1
man_working_at_home_popup.jpg

People working from home on Day 20
castaway_1850515i.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I seem to recall being accused of scaremongering :glare:

STOP PANICKING! :smile:

In all seriousness, I still don't think focusing on worst-case scenarios is necessarily helpful, nor taking selected quotes or data out of context to paint a picture that is worse than the likely reality.

I'm not accusing you of either of those things by the way, but we certainly have seen some of that on here over the past week or so. However, it IS right that everyone find that balance of not panicking but at the same time taking this seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here