Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Coronavirus / Covid-19

Did you? I admire your trusting nature ???

Badly worded I admit. I should always add ‘about himself first’ after reference to that dumb blonde egotist mustering a thought. I’m struggling to think of a *worse person to have in charge at a time of crisis, I dread to think what will happen if this turns in to a disaster!

*EDIT: Trump

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
WHO report for 25th Feb.

Italy. 229. Deaths 6
Germany 16. Deaths 0
France 12. Deaths 1
UK 13. Deaths 0

WHO situation report for 9th March

Italy 7375. Deaths 366
germany. 1112. Deaths 0
France. 1116. Deaths. 19
UK. 277. Deaths 2

Note these are from yesterday. The situation report takes about 48hours to catch up hence why 2 deaths and not 6, similarly the number of cases.

France and Germany both announced cases 3 days before Italy and put in preventive measures. Sadly Italy didn’t, also there is a belief that it was in Italy much earlier than France a Germany.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These figures show exactly why you should not live in a house with the previous two or three generations of your family. Common place in Italy, the younger generations are literally bringing Covid home and killing off their great grand parents. Very sad indeed.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
One of the problems of reacting to this is actually how slowly it moves. It takes weeks for people to get into real medical trouble once they have the disease.

The 24/7 news world is used to reporting on sudden events or rapidly changing situations. This is not either of them, it's a slow moving event that requires time (about 8 weeks from the Chinese experience) not doing any moving around to solve. There's still a chance that it won't get as bad in the UK as it has in Italy, but there are also reasonable odds that it will, so it makes sense to be prepared for that.

I really don't see the need for politicising the reaction to things. I bet the UK government and the English medical authorities are working in tandem with the Scottish government and their medical authorities without discussing the politics of their respective governments political positions.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
WHO report for 25th Feb.

Italy. 229. Deaths 6
Germany 16. Deaths 0
France 12. Deaths 1
UK 13. Deaths 0

WHO situation report for 9th March

Italy 7375. Deaths 366
germany. 1112. Deaths 0
France. 1116. Deaths. 19
UK. 277. Deaths 2

Note these are from yesterday. The situation report takes about 48hours to catch up hence why 2 deaths and not 6, similarly the number of cases.

France and Germany both announced cases 3 days before Italy and put in preventive measures. Sadly Italy didn’t, also there is a belief that it was in Italy much earlier than France a Germany.

Can someone remind me what preventative measures Germany and France put in and what preventative measures the UK has put in apart from washing one’s hands

I know that France have closed schools and football is behind closed doors. Germany?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Can someone remind me what preventative measures Germany and France put in and what preventative measures the UK has put in apart from washing one’s hands

I know that France have closed schools and football is behind closed doors. Germany?

Simple act of isolating those who contract it ....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
These figures show exactly why you should not live in a house with the previous two or three generations of your family. Common place in Italy, the younger generations are literally bringing Covid home and killing off their great grand parents. Very sad indeed.

It will be replicated here when schools are shut and grandparents have to take on the responsibility of looking after their potential killers.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the virus were really killed at 26/27 Celcius.... then it shouldn't survive for long in a human. ��

One of the girls at work said she had heard that drinking warm water would kill Covid-19, I asked her what her normal body temperature was and she wasn't aware that it was higher.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
And yet we haven’t. And look at those numbers....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I France they kiss cheeks, not to the frequency of Italy but still a lot. Bavaria also do the same but both of these countries will have had lot of Italians visiting.

It’s all about transmission, reduce the chances of transmission and ergo reduce cases.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
When this is all over I do wonder what our view of acceptable number of deaths due to seasonal of flu will be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here