Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maheta Molango

parks

Jan 17, 2004
East Sussex
Brighton Boy said:
to be honest i thought on the opening day at Reading last year he looked like a crowd pleaser and really not that bad at all..........

And in the home game against coventry he nearly scored with a very cheeky flick......

Then nothing since

Yeah give him a chance, he might surprise...

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The few times I saw Molango play last season, the issue seemed to be a complete lack of first touch. When he had the ball under control he looked OK on it and unlike Jarratt did look up and try and pass it to those around him. The thing was in the reserve games I saw at the end of last season, his touch had not improved, which is a worry as this is something the coaching staff should be working on.

If he is going to stay, it would seem sensible to ship him out on loan as being stuck in the reserves is going to do him no good and the darling of NSC came back a better player last season after being sent out on loan. Competitive games might be what Molango needs, but as it seem even Le Supermarche Chariot is in front of him in the pecking order he is not going to get them with us as it stands.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I think he'll be on his way pretty soon. MM said that if players weren't capable of pressing to be in the first team squad they'll be " shipped" out.

He's been a poor signing, he'll leave soon.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I thought I had missed NSC... until I read this inflammatory heap of steaming horseshit.

Very articulate. Actually, your strong counter-argument has changed my mind. McGhee was absolutely right to buy in a foreign striker and leave him unused in the reserves for a season.

Just a little tip - if you are going to label other posts horseshit, it really helps your cause if you come up with an alternative point of view. Otherwise you look a complete tool.

Tooting Gull said:
Very articulate. Actually, your strong counter-argument has changed my mind. McGhee was absolutely right to buy in a foreign striker and leave him unused in the reserves for a season.

Just a little tip - if you are going to label other posts horseshit, it really helps your cause if you come up with an alternative point of view. Otherwise you look a complete tool.

I didn't think it was worth my while as you are unlikely to listen to a reasoned argument given your initial post. But here goes nothing..
We needed a striker. We had no cash. So MM looked high and low for a cheap rough diamond. This was not ideal but we simply couldn't afford a proven striker. Now I am sure your scouting skills are far superior to those on offer to the Albion, but in your absence they turned up Molango and thought him a good bet. Show me a manager anywhere who is able to turn cheap, unproven, foreign youngsters into successful English league players in one year with a 100% success rate. It doesn't happen.
We were forced to take a gamble due to our financial situation. The lad is still very young and never lived or played here before, you can't expect him to set the world alight. He has also had injuries, and I heard from a source inside the club there were some personal problems. Maybe he won't make, maybe he still will. But we were forced to take a gamble on him and I back MM's judgement to get it right more often than wrong. The lad obviously has something, and I know the coaching staff are trying to bring it out of him. When/if he is ready, he'll be given a chance. To slag off MM and the club for signing him is not only idiotic, but shows no understanding of football.

Well said.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
signed by mcghee, i will support him

just needs to develop a first touch

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
MM has said that Molango and McCammon in particular are under pressure to perform especially as he wants to bring another " proven" goalscorer at our level. Now the present size of club simply can't sustain 7 strikers ( Leon, CKR, Baby Jake, McPhee, Molango, McCammon + new man ) so one or two will be offloaded.
My money's on Molango going. It's also a make or break season for Chris McPhee.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
London Irish said:
You have to be realistic and say players earn their chances in their performances in training. Plenty of doomed players have recovered under McGhee - Virgo, Hammond, etc - and maybe now Jarrett. If Molango isn't been given the chance, I would leave open the possibility that perhaps he hasn't earnt it.

Very late into this argument. But still think that Maheta is better than McCammon (from the minimal times I've seen him play ;) )

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I think we should give him a chance, he seemed to be a good player and then all of a sudden was dropped, did he have a feud with Mcghee or something?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Don't worry - in a couple of years when you're calling for McGhee's head, I'll be the first to remind you that he can do no wrong.

I'm afraid it is you, my friend, who appears a little slow on some of the rudiments of not only football but our situation.

It is precisely because we were short of cash that it was such an important signing. We could have got someone else. OR, as I said originally, Molango might come good - for which he has to PLAY.

What we certainly DIDN'T need was a squad player contributing nothing to the first team.

But as you point out, we are but mere idiots kidding ourselves we know something about football after 25 years following it - and McGhee/Knight must never be questioned. Christ, where do you people get off with your pathetic 'if you're a proper fan agree with everything the manager does' routine?

You can make the odd gaffe and still be a very good manager, as McGhee is. Molango cannot - even by you - be seen as a transfer success story.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
DÃnN¥ §ëÃGuLL© said:
Same person told me the same thing Gaz... notice the club "Insider" denied this, which proves he's something like the Albion programme seller :rolleyes:

Danny we know our stuff but we will just keep it under wraps so people on here dont start avin a moan up every 2 secs

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton Boy said:
according to a mate of mine who works at the club...... a spanish 2nd division side tried to sign him but he didnt want to go

Apparently he prefers Germany...

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Robert Lester Zamora said:
Apparently he prefers Germany...

Germany as recommended by Mr Iwellumo now at the stadium of sh1ite, Layer Road (1 toilet bowl for the whole away end - I ask you)

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
...According to a guy on the rivals board, although on theirs they have a former Athletico Madrid striker on trial. I'd rather he went on loan with all his wages paid by them so that if he comes good there he can come back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here