Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Maheta Molango

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Dick Knight took a big part in the signing of Molango.I am not saying that Magee was against it just that Knight was very enthusiastic.He is not on a pittance either by Albion standards and he did have his accomadation sorted out over the marina I heard.

y2dave said:
It's true, Molango will play for Lincoln.

Good for him, he needs some games.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Come on Lokki, show yourself you yellowbelly.

Monday - Me - questioning the wisdom of signing Molango and leaving him to rot, suggesting it might be better to either ship him out or play him. You - That's 'horseshit', never question MM/anyone at the club, anyone who doesn't agree with you is idiotic and knows nothing about football.

Tuesday - Molango off to Lincoln on loan, courtesy of - that's right - MM. Oh dear. It's all in the timing, isn't it? Has your total confidence in your own omniscience taken a bit of a battering?

Given your badly misplaced abuse since you were so wrong, I suggest you come on and apologise, or lose all credibility for any football posts from henceforth.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Maybe Lokki should use the word 'omnescience' more often to carry more credibility, henceforth.

Tooting Gull said:

Monday - Me - questioning the wisdom of signing Molango and leaving him to rot, suggesting it might be better to either ship him out or play him. You - That's 'horseshit', never question MM/anyone at the club, anyone who doesn't agree with you is idiotic and knows nothing about football.

Tuesday - Molango off to Lincoln on loan, courtesy of - that's right - MM. Oh dear. It's all in the timing, isn't it? Has your total confidence in your own omniscience taken a bit of a battering?

Given your badly misplaced abuse since you were so wrong, I suggest you come on and apologise, or lose all credibility for any football posts from henceforth.

Give it a rest, Tooting mate - he wiped the floor with you :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I paired you two together. Happily, NSC is the place where the superior do occasionally come a cropper.

In my follow-up post I was tempted to say he'd won the weekly LI award, but rejected it on the basis it was too unnecessarily provocative. I'm just too shy and retiring for my own good. :D

Yes, that's a big fault of yours :jester:

Tooting Gull said:

Good morning old chap. How flattering to know that you missed me so much, it really does warm my cockles. But back to our little discussion.. The reason you didn't hear from me is not because I was hiding in a cupboard, red faced with shame. I just felt I had made my point and didn't see any reason for repeating it just to keep you happy. If you took the time and trouble to read my posts you will see that I am not touting Molango as the new Ronaldo, I was simply pointing out that not all signings can be an instant success, or indeed a success at all. But we are forced to take these risks through financial necessity. I trust MM to develop Molango in the best way for both the player and the club. Sending the lad to Lincoln is obviously in everyone's best interest at the moment so that is what is happening. In what way does this batter my "omniscience"? It merely proves my point that MM is on top of the situation.

:)

(edited after a morning coffee to be less grumpy)

Last edited:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Tooting Gull said:
Don't worry - in a couple of years when you're calling for McGhee's head, I'll be the first to remind you that he can do no wrong.

I'm afraid it is you, my friend, who appears a little slow on some of the rudiments of not only football but our situation.

It is precisely because we were short of cash that it was such an important signing. We could have got someone else. OR, as I said originally, Molango might come good - for which he has to PLAY.

What we certainly DIDN'T need was a squad player contributing nothing to the first team.

But as you point out, we are but mere idiots kidding ourselves we know something about football after 25 years following it - and McGhee/Knight must never be questioned. Christ, where do you people get off with your pathetic 'if you're a proper fan agree with everything the manager does' routine?

You can make the odd gaffe and still be a very good manager, as McGhee is. Molango cannot - even by you - be seen as a transfer success story.

tooting gulls posts are the most sensible on here. i completely agree with everything he has said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here