Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo was in my local tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm guessing you even dream about McGhee and ickle Leon, you really need to let go :ohmy:

Last edited:

Icy Gull said:
I'm guessing you even dream about McGhee and ickle Leon, you really need to let go :ohmy:

Why? It winds up some top wankers on here, and has a lot more to do with anything than gobshites who put up FAKE threads with horse-racing tips. That's well gay, and makes Ernest's threads look almost unique and funny!

Incidentally I think my dog just ate some Desert Orchid this morning in her 'Chappy'.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Mr McGhee was an excellent manager doing a good job in difficult circumstances.

He was hounded out by loud mouthed timewasters after the league defeat at Bristol City.

Great shame,I felt,and not one of the clubs finest decisions.

But we have to move on.

I'd have shouted him a pint,and thanked him for his efforts.

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Magoo was in my local tonight

Uncle Spielberg said:
I would have shaken Mark by the hand congraulated him for 3 great years thanked him for what he did for the club and apologised to him that some many BHAFC fans are complete and utter wankers.

Would you not gentle pound his buttocks while wispering racing tips in his ear and then at the last minute say "Naylor has such a lovely grip"!

:)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
NMH said:
Why? It winds up some top wankers on here, and has a lot more to do with anything than gobshites who put up FAKE threads with horse-racing tips. That's well gay, and makes Ernest's threads look almost unique and funny!

Incidentally I think my dog just ate some Desert Orchid this morning in her 'Chappy'.

NMH whjat a sad individual you are, you don't get the threads as it needs someone to have something called " a sense of humour ", most people seem to like them and get the joke but not you. How utterly pathetic the dig about horse meat in the dog food, utterly pathetic, if it was meant to wind me up well its so pathetic as to not worry about. YOU did a mean spirited post about a bloke who did his best at the club having a meal at your local wityh some pathetic and incorrect swipes at him. I think the concensus of opinion is that you have been made to look a total idiot on this thread.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
NMH said:

Nob end!!! The reason why you didn't say anything was beacuse you new he would kick the crap out of you.

Can you expand on you comment "Thats well gay", what is and why?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
he's having a pop at me Artful

:lolol:

opinions schmuppetpinions! You lot announce your opinions like I might care what they are!

As for 'sense of humour' Uncle Schpielberk, .....I am indeed missing that vital gene required for finding your betting threads hilarious (and of course, the other gene for appreciating magoo).

Your threads make Ernest's look outrageously brilliant, and uniquely different every time! :yawn:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Really not sure why Mcghee is held with such hate?

Yes it was time for him to go in my view but I dont hate him, and i dont see why I should?

HE DID WELL FOR A TIME HERE

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If I was in a pub and McGhee was in there, I'd gladly buy him a pint or two - delivered some wonderful football memories for all of us, and helped keep the Albion afloat with some shrewd transfer dealings.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bozza said:
If I was in a pub and McGhee was in there, I'd gladly buy him a pint or two - delivered some wonderful football memories for all of us, and helped keep the Albion afloat with some shrewd transfer dealings.

I'd be the same.

:drink:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
NMH said:
:lolol:

opinions schmuppetpinions! You lot announce your opinions like I might care what they are!

As for 'sense of humour' Uncle Schpielberk, .....I am indeed missing that vital gene required for finding your betting threads hilarious (and of course, the other gene for appreciating magoo).

Your threads make Ernest's look outrageously brilliant, and uniquely different every time! :yawn:

Relax for fucks sake

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Bozza said:

i wouldn't - a pint of single malt must be upwards of 40 quid:ohmy:

larus

How much money to McGhee have to invest in players?

He bought Currie and had him sold 4 months later - £400k (or was it £250k) profit.
Sold Virgo for £1.5m when Coppel had sent him on loan to Exeter.
Sold Cullip for £250k (or was he £400k), not bad for a defender with bad knees.
Sold Leon for £125k - not bad all things considered.
Signed Revell for £8k.
Signed Henderson, who then got sold for £120k ?.

Got us promoted.
Kept us in the Championship when all pundits were writing us off.
Went wrong towards the end of the next season, but had no money to spend and no real backing from DK (IMO).
Started this season so-so.

It was time for him to leave, but no-one with half a brain can say that he did us bad.

I accept that sometimes his tactics appeared strange, but then again, he moved Virgo from center back to center forward. Stupid man eh!!!

Tried to play Leon Knight as a winger, and you know what, he was a bloody good winger, but he wanted to be a striker so toys got thrown around a bit.

Kept trying to sign the elusive target man, and know we've got one everyone seems to think we're a better all round team.

The continual slagging off of McGhee is pathetic, because the arguments against him just don't stack up.

I agreed with the decision to let McGhee go when we did. But I was also fortunate enough to have dinner with him once and he was a very interesting, and bloody nice bloke. Why anyone would be rude to him in public is beyond me and says a lot more about that individual. I would gladly buy him a pint if I saw him out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here