Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo was in my local tonight

yep, the goofy twat was in the Royal Oak in Poynings spending some of MY money feeding his mush.

I could've said something, but I'd like to go back in there sometimes.

At least he no longer has the chance to waste my dosh - Wilkins I would have stood a beer for though.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Zesh Rehman said:
agreed, and we did have some very famous victories along the way.

West Ham away, Leicester away, Sunderland at home, Leeds at home, Bristol City play-off final....................

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Eric Steele's Groucho Impression said:
.......and Palace for the first time in twenty years.

OOps forgot the best one :dunce:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
NMH said:
yep, the goofy twat was in the Royal Oak in Poynings spending some of MY money feeding his mush.

At least he no longer has the chance to waste my dosh - Wilkins I would have stood a beer for though.

You pathetic bellend.

Dec 30, 2006
South Atlantic
I can't understand the loathing of him by some people.

He did a fair job, made a lot of money for the club in transfer dealings, (about £2.5 million) and then moved on.

Compared to the likes of LDC, Archer, Stanley, and Scott McGleish McGhee has done nothing vinditive towards the club.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
have to agree

i wanted him out but he did leave us with some top memories along the way

and his tactics got us through the play off's

just lost his way a bit

:clap2:

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Henderson, Carole, Currie & CKR were all crap signings, and he did get megabucks for a defender who Coppell allowed to languish at Exeter. Oh & he extended 'The Tank's career by a few seasons. Wasn't he previously on loan to Barnet in The Conference? I almost forgot that he was able to jettison the cancerous presence of 'The poison dwarf' to Swansea in return for a decent fee. We've got absolutely nothing to thank McGhee for.

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
NMH said:

Sounds more like you didnt have the bottle to say something to him, mate!!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
What is peoples problem with the bloke. Ok it was probably the best thing for all concerned that he left when he did. But we had two fantastic years in the championship with him at the helm. Cant the bloke just go for a quiet drink without pepole criticising him?!:rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame I wasn't there I'd have bought him a pint of whisky :wave:

Does Frank (not our NSC Frank btw!) still own the Royal Oak? Haven't been there for 20 years so probably not.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Statto said:
What is peoples problem with the bloke. Ok it was probably the best thing for all concerned that he left when he did. But we had two fantastic years in the championship with him at the helm. Cant the bloke just go for a quiet drink without pepole criticising him?!:rolleyes:

Well said. :thumbsup:

Entertainment industry mate.
If you are up there in the public eye for the kudos and the good money, then you are there to be criticised.
Do any of you lot do a job where your employers or clientele keep schtum if you let them down, do a poor job and then say it didn't matter?

Don't bother it's no big deal, it's only The Albion.

I wouldn't say anything at the local, but during his employment at Withdean I asked him a couple of questions.

Yeah, I did enjoy a few results actually, at the moment I enjoy it that The Albion even exist. There were a couple of glorious moments in there among the horrible home defeats to relegation rivals.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Poynings is hardly your local when you live in Henfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here