Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magoo out petition

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
What do you care? I'm a fan of fecking CLASS rugby team and my views have no relevance! :lolol:

For me, play-offs will be a bonus next season. The team needs a big overhaul and I foresee a season like Micky Adams had at Withdean 1999-2000, team-building to find the right combinations. It might be a bit boring for the adreinalin junkies that make up the Albion's fan base, but too bad, footballing reality had to bite eventually! I'll be there, geeing on our midtable mediocrity (probably, but who knows McGhee might work a miracle quicker than that and get us play-offs). Anyways, a season of hope and progress - and crucially, FALMER!

Please answer the question

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:
Yeah, yeah, but what's the f***ing tragedy all about then? Today's game was absolutely MEANINGLESS! Get a grip, it was a shit 85 minutes, but I saw plenty of gallows humour when Doug Loft scored, anyone who thinks that game has any bearing on what will happen next season is mad, team-rebuilding will be, if anything, accelerated by what we saw today, not hindered. The performance of our defence was inexplicable, but we all know McGhee can organise teams to defend in League 1, we went from January to June a couple of years ago with visiting teams at Withdean barely scoring a goal, that bit doesn't concern me in the slightest.

Let's draw a line under this season and look forward to the next where they'll be more of a level playing field. McGhee has done well keeping us at this level for this long and avoiding the kind of embarrassments we've seen today, that's the truth of the matter.

:thumbsup:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
London Irish said:

For me, play-offs will be a bonus next season. The team needs a big overhaul and I foresee a season like Micky Adams had at Withdean 1999-2000, team-building to find the right combinations. It might be a bit boring for the adreinalin junkies that make up the Albion's fan base, but too bad, footballing reality had to bite eventually! I'll be there, geeing on our midtable mediocrity (probably, but who knows McGhee might work a miracle quicker than that and get us play-offs). Anyways, a season of hope and progress - and crucially, FALMER!

And those are thoughts that i agree with, and why, despite being DISGUSTED as todays pathetic performance, still don't feel McGhee should go.

Having said that, he'll still be under a lot of pressure to perform next year.

Withdean Wanderer said:
That post, and perhaps more importantly that smiley are another perfect example of why i'm talking about - it's almost as if you WANT people to have a go at you!

I DO NOT MIND PRO-MCGHEE POSTS, and i'm sure i'm not the only one - This is an internet message board, with everyone having contrasting opinions, to a certain extent. If we all agreed, then this would be an exceedingly dull place. But the way you put things forward sometimes - is there really any need to be so damning of even the slighest anti-club remark??

I'm sorry you don't like my posts. I do input all the criticism I get and factor it into my responses in a measured way.

--------------> *hence no smilie that might be considered by some patronising*

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
Monsieur LI, I think you would not face so much criticism if you were less patronising. However, there are many positive people on this board, but their posts seem to get overlooked as they are dismissed as being rose-teented.

Carry on as you do Monsieur. They bring the positives to the forefront rather than being submerged in the usual ARS (bandits) codswallop.

vulture said:
Please answer the question

Honestly, I thought I did, but plainly, if we were bottom ten by Christmas with the same old faithfuls from the Micky Adams/Taylor/Coppell era still driving the team, I'd probably go a bit "fences" on McGhee. I'd defend him if made progress on replacing those players though.

Monsieur Leclerc said:
Monsieur LI, I think you would not face so much criticism if you were less patronising. However, there are many positive people on this board, but their posts seem to get overlooked as they are dismissed as being rose-teented.

Carry on as you do Monsieur. They bring the positives to the forefront rather than being submerged in the usual ARS (bandits) codswallop.

I'll plead some conflict of interest - I've just watched my rugby team put in probably a top 3 performance in their 108-year history, so I'm unusually rose-tinted this fine evening. I understand many will not be in that state of mind having watched today's bizarre defensive pantomime. I can't quite comprehend it - does this show how much McShane brought to the team this season? It's bizarre, but the players did themselves no favours, but McGhee will not overreact, even though he now has some remarkably tough decisons to make this coming week - good luck to him in that as there are some close 50/50 calls there on some players.

Fragmented Badger said:
It's not a case of not liking your posts, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if you think McGhee is the best manager around then fair play. The one thing that is annoying is why can you not accept just ONE thing the club or McGhee have done wrong? 90% of the time a positive attitude is fine, but there are times where it is just ridiculous to defend things. Come on, we have finished bottom with 7 wins and 38 points, there must be SOMETHING you think has not been done quite right??:lolol:

I want to be the one that gets this exclusive of LI admitting club made mistake:cool:

This is something I don't get - I've disagreed with probably about half the teams that McGhee has put out this season (particularly so the recent Southampton one) but no one seems to remember this. How odd. I was probably among the first person on NSC to criticise the 4 small front players formation, among the first to oppose the two-winger strategy, I backed Blayney over Hendo, and I certainly was the first to oppose calls to play Dean Hammond in central midfield if better options (like Oatway and Carpenter, not Nicolas) were available. However, I guess I just don't think, unlike others, that the teams I would have chosen would CERTAINLY have done better, unlike all the armchair generals of NSC, who seem oddly CERTAIN of that happy circumstance :lolol:

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
This is something I don't get - I've disagreed with probably about half the teams that McGhee has put out this season (particularly so the recent Southampton one) but no one seems to remember this. How odd. I was probably the first person on NSC to criticise the 4 small front players formation, the first to oppose the two-winger strategy, the first to oppose calls to play Dean Hammond in midfield if better options (like Oatway and Carpenter, not Nicolas) were available. However, I guess I just don't think, unlike others, that the teams I would have chosen would CERTAINLY have done better, unlike all the armchair generals of NSC, who seem oddly CERTAIN of that happy circumstance :lolol:
Me Me Me...

Just shut up you self obsessed twat.

Trigger said:
Me Me Me...

Just shut up you self obsessed twat.

It was a direct question and I was being polite enough to answer it - yet you are filled with a strange kind of bile - what is that all about? Didn't you have a lovely day at the races today, better than those of us watching football? :)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Bit harsh.What a knob.

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Vulture - isn't that a bird that hangs around waiting for someone to die. What a miserable pastime?

The albion will rise again, make no mistake about that.

But why slag off LI, when all he is trying to do is give a balance viewpoint of the seasons events?

Our relegation is not solely down to Mark McGhee: surely all but a complete idiot would agree with that?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
It was a direct question and I was being polite enough to answer it - yet you are filled with a strange kind of bile - what is that all about? Didn't you have a lovely day at the races today, better than those of us watching football? :)
Splendid day thank you sweetheart.

Even home in time for the Rugby, damn fine performance.

:clap:

Last edited:

Trigger said:
Splendid day thank you sweetheart.

Even home in time for the Rugby, damn fine performance.

:clap:

That's better - we may disagree on shit, but no haters on NSC :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
After today I have concerns about our chances next season. I believed McGhee was the right man but something about that farce has got me worried. Someone hold me...:nono: :nono:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
tadley gull said:
Vulture - isn't that a bird that hangs around waiting for someone to die. What a miserable pastime?
I am a Human I only shag birds
The albion will rise again, make no mistake about that.
Lets hope so
But why slag off LI, when all he is trying to do is give a balance viewpoint of the seasons events?
Dont slag him off its called banter
Our relegation is not solely down to Mark McGhee: surely all but a complete idiot would agree with that?
:D

Or Not agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here