Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magnificent support?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
smudge said:
Apathy.

That's what people won't admit. It's the same apathy that nearly allowed the club to die.

If we get a big club in the 3rd round, (if we get through of course) then watch all the fairweather fans come out of the woodwork; all of who will say they were there against Northwich.

All of you posting your excuses for not being there; why are you that bothered? Touched a nerve? Feeling guilty?

Because its a thread aimed at people who didn't go, I was merely giving a decent excuse. I wish I was there but sadly my job came first. I was the the first two paint pot trophy games though.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
The truth is people in the South East just are not as passionate about the game compared to the North.

Can you imagine a Northener saying 'I've got no money or my family life takes precedence over football'!!! Usually people up north have LESS money, OK Newcastle are in the Premier League and shit but they still fill 52,000 seats every week. Would we do that, er..... no.

I'm not saying people in the North are better, but they are definetely more passionate about the game. We will only draw big crowds for the glory games or if we ever reach the Prem (and even then you'd get a shit attendances for the lesser games)

Our support can be magnificant at times (and as good as ANY club), but at the moment its quite frankly a joke at Withdean. It may be expensive and shite but the team are playing out of their skins at the moment and a bit of passion and noise costs nothing.

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
smudge said:
Apathy.

That's what people won't admit. It's the same apathy that nearly allowed the club to die.

Well, that's not quite true.

Am I allowed to go to the third round game if I was outside the North Stand on boycott day handing my season ticket over to those who couldn't be persuaded to stay away.

I'll admit to apathy but it's not the same.

Albion Rob

I decided that as I'm now 25, if I don't start playing Saturday league football then I'm going to regret it when I'm 40 and on the scrapheap.

So I signed for a team and can't go to the Albion much any more.

No problemo, plenty of time for it when I'm too old to play or my knees give in.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought this was going to be another thread about Tommy Boy's new girlfriend.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Cant go to saturday games because I have my kids. What number is that under.

Before anyone says anything you try and getting 6 & 7 year old girls interested in football.

I go midweek when I can. Oh and yes I will go to a big away day. But I am going to go to millwall in the JPT coz its near work.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Cant go to saturday games because I have my kids. What number is that under.

Before anyone says anything you try and getting 6 & 7 year old girls interested in football.

Same age as my two kids [boys admittedly]. Would have been just £15.50* for the three of you in the family stand.

Tell them there are lots of other kids there. They'll love it honestly!

*Plus hot chocolate, plus snacks, plus a program, plus a badge each from the little club shop kiosk.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
hans kraay fan club said:
Same age as my two kids [boys admittedly]. Would have been just £15.50* for the three of you in the family stand.

Believe you me Hans I have tried...but I get "urgh not football how boring"

Now maybe under Magoo they had a point ;)

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
mona said:
OK we all have to miss some games. I can't get to many midweek ones cos of work. But today's attendance of under 4500 was pathetic. We have a young, local team playing exciting football and lots of mouthy fans who tell other clubs how big we are.
Lets hear the excuses:
1 Withdean has no atmosphere. I can only watch the Albion away from home when I'm pissed and giving the home fans abuse.
2 I loved McGhee's boring tactics as we were playing proper football then against proper teams.
3 I only watch us in the cup against premiership clubs.
4 I'd rather post on NSC than watch Brighton actually play.
5 £15 is a rip off to watch some of the best young players in the country. I'll be able to see Dean Cox on tv every week when he's a premiership player in 2 years time.
6 Lewes DC have so ruined my life that I spend Saturday afternoons in onanistic appreciation of Simon Jordan's orange countenance.

all very true, atfer winning 3-0 away 4-1 at home and 3-2 away i cant understand why there was so few people there

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Re: Re: Magnificent support?

Zesh Rehman 34 said:
all very true, atfer winning 3-0 away 4-1 at home and 3-2 away i cant understand why there was so few people there

Because its only Northwich Victoria!!!!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Play on a Sat and i'm a skint student and it was meant to rain!

Albion Rob said:
I decided that as I'm now 25, if I don't start playing Saturday league football then I'm going to regret it when I'm 40 and on the scrapheap.

So I signed for a team and can't go to the Albion much any more.

No problemo, plenty of time for it when I'm too old to play or my knees give in.

Absolutely, if I was 25 again I'd do the same thing.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Attendances will rise now we have hit a winning streak and playing attractive football. I may even go on Saturday and i only manage 4-5 home games a year and 4-5 away. You can't blame anyone for not wanting to fork out hard earned cash to watch rubbish..............Football IS expensive and more and more fans choose only to go when their team is doing well and they feel they may get value for money. It does not make the likes of me a bad fan its just that priorities change, in my youth i was a season ticket holder for 5 years and used to go to most away games and even reserve games but i was more affluent then as i lived at home. I am sure if the team continue to play like they have been more people will attend matches even at tha Withdean!:drink: :albion:

D

Deleted member 2719

*Gullsworth* said:
Attendances will rise now we have hit a winning streak and playing attractive football. I may even go on Saturday and i only manage 4-5 home games a year and 4-5 away. You can't blame anyone for not wanting to fork out hard earned cash to watch rubbish..............Football IS expensive and more and more fans choose only to go when their team is doing well and they feel they may get value for money. It does not make the likes of me a bad fan its just that priorities change, in my youth i was a season ticket holder for 5 years and used to go to most away games and even reserve games but i was more affluent then as i lived at home. I am sure if the team continue to play like they have been more people will attend matches even at tha Withdean!:drink: :albion:

You forgot to mention that the present government have taxed you to the hilt!!

;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here