Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magnificent support?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Albion Rob said:
I decided that as I'm now 25, if I don't start playing Saturday league football then I'm going to regret it when I'm 40 and on the scrapheap.

So I signed for a team and can't go to the Albion much any more.

No problemo, plenty of time for it when I'm too old to play or my knees give in.
Well done. IMHO right decision!
Perhaps the point of this thread is that a lot of our fans are keen to tell the Readings and Palarses of this world how passionate our support is. I felt that saturday was a great opportunity to show appreciation of our exciting and talented young team.
I must admit that the excuse that needles me is that Withdean has no atmosphere. Yes, I know it's true but lets face it the East Terrace at the Goldstone was always silent except for sporadic moaning. I suppose we've got to try and bring more atmosphere to Withdean - what about more hooters and horns?
I wasn't having a dig at individuals. As I said, most of us have to miss some games. Lets hope we get 7000 in the next round.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
mona said:
I must admit that the excuse that needles me is that Withdean has no atmosphere. Yes, I know it's true but lets face it the East Terrace at the Goldstone was always silent except for sporadic moaning.

It never had a roof either.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
John Boy said:
Most season ticket holders had to pay, so I guess that counted for the low attendance
Oh yes lets give the STHs some stick! All the usual suspects who sit near me were there but I suppose it was a factor.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
John Boy said:
Im a STH, so not giving them some stick!

You can't deny that if ALL STH were given a free ticket, the attendance would be higher

(I was at the game, btw)
Agreed.
I'm a bit bitter and twisted as I'm a STH who had to get tickets fot Grimsby and Spurs from other sources.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here