Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Magnificent support?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I live in Manchester, I would be a season ticket holder if I was down in the Gods country though!

:(

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Techno said:
If i could have gone i would have!! seriously if i lived anywhere remotly near Brighton i would be at every home game

Being honest Its the people who live in or around Brighton and dont go to home games that need to be answering really!!
Of course. Students weren't the target of the thread. My moan is about the many so-called fans who chose not to go despite the reduced prices and our recent superb form. After all the FA Cup is special and we have tradition in it. We have some seriously talented young players. More people should be watching them. Is our support dying off?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm sure that everyone has their reasons for not going. For me, it is just my life circumstances, of which I am not going to open up with on here, but the point is there are lots of people who would dearly love to go, who just can't for very good reasons. I love BHAFC, and no matter what, I'll always want to go watch them, but sometimes life gets in the way, and that is just the way it is.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The Complete Badger said:
All you uni students haven't a leg to stand on. I am in Portsmouth (not too far, I grant you), yet I get to every home match and most away. I also have no money, but it's all about your delegation of funds. Simply avoid things like EATING, and replace them with PETROL, and you have a winning formular. f***ing lazy students:angry:

Does Mummy and Daddy pay for everything though?

Do the maths, £3100 loan, about £2800+ goes on accomodation.

So that leaves £300 for the rest of the year, and with a trip to New Zealand costing £1800, ive got to find a hell of a lot of money just to survive.

If I was earning £20k a year like a lot of people then I probably would go to most games, but until then I have to make do with Aber Town matches and listening to Brighton on the Radio.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BensGrandad said:
I thought that students were supposed to rely on daddy to bail them out. I thought thats what dads were for.:lolol:

:down: :down: :down: :down:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I was JOKING! But no, Mummy and Daddy don't pay for anything unfortunately:)

Bloody useless parents;)

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Sometimes football isn't as big a deal as family life. For those who live more than a few miles away, going to Withdean is an expensive and time consuming exercise that is of little interest to very young kids who will invariably "need a poo" 10 minutes into the game.

So for now at least I don't go. BHA is part of my life, but I never feel I "should" be going to a football game or anything else. So few hours, so little money, and so few years of parenthood to enjoy. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
mona said:
Of course. Students weren't the target of the thread. My moan is about the many so-called fans who chose not to go despite the reduced prices and our recent superb form. After all the FA Cup is special and we have tradition in it. We have some seriously talented young players. More people should be watching them. Is our support dying off?

Reduced prices for who though?

Students (not the target of this thread) and kids (presumably not the target of this thread either, especially as the family stand has been quite full this year!).

The club aren't reducing prices for the casual adult fan, and with £23.50 being the cheapest adult ticket for a seat with no roof, don't expect them to come flocking after a handful of wins against the likes of Bradford and Huddersfield (fantastic results to me or you, but against small teams to the casual supporter)..

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Yeah, I just don't see the point of them.

Although I was being sarcastic when I was moaning about those who don't go to games (as obviously money and distance comes into play when at uni), I was actually being serious by saying I just buy less food and stick some petrol in the car instead. I know I'm only 50 miles away, and you can hardly do that from ABERYSTWYTH, but I have found it to be a FAULTLESS plan so far. Until I DIE that is:lolol:

I see no flaw in that plan:lolol:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Withdean Wanderer said:
Reduced prices for who though?

Students (not the target of this thread) and kids (presumably not the target of this thread either, especially as the family stand has been quite full this year!).

The club aren't reducing prices for the casual adult fan, and with £23.50 being the cheapest adult ticket for a seat with no roof, don't expect them to come flocking after a handful of wins against the likes of Bradford and Huddersfield (fantastic results to me or you, but against small teams to the casual supporter)..
The prices are too high for league games for the casual fan. My point was that they weren't too high for this particular game.

crosbysleftear

Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Woodchip said:
I was moving house

Ditto. Moving back into the 'rents place to save some money. Thought I'd be done in time to get to the game but it took longer then I thought. Had a ticket and everything. Was gutted I couldn't make it before the game. Gutted 8 x over afterwards.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
mona said:
The prices are too high for league games for the casual fan. My point was that they weren't too high for this particular game.

But to the casual fan who cares about Northwich Victoria?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Apathy.

That's what people won't admit. It's the same apathy that nearly allowed the club to die.

If we get a big club in the 3rd round, (if we get through of course) then watch all the fairweather fans come out of the woodwork; all of who will say they were there against Northwich.

All of you posting your excuses for not being there; why are you that bothered? Touched a nerve? Feeling guilty?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
smudge said:
Apathy.

That's what people won't admit. It's the same apathy that nearly allowed the club to die.

If we get a big club in the 3rd round, (if we get through of course) then watch all the fairweather fans come out of the woodwork; all of who will say they were there against Northwich.

All of you posting your excuses for not being there; why are you that bothered? Touched a nerve? Feeling guilty?

I'll happily go to the 3rd round match, mainly because I'll be home when the 3rd round is played. I really wanted to go to the Northwich game, but spending £45 on a return ticket, plus another £10 on the match ticket, that's £55 I don't have.

So no, I for one don't feel guilty about not going.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here