Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Do you care about Madelaine McCann anymore

• Yes - of course, the girl needs to be found

Votes: 76 51.4%
  • No - I'm with you mate, it's all a bit tiresome

Votes: 44 29.7%
  • I didn't give a f*** in the first place

Votes: 28 18.9%

• Total voters

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
What with all this publicity and the visit to the Pope and all that I've completely lost interest in whether the poor girl gets found or not. She would have been forgotten about ages ago if she wasn't white and blond anyway.

The whole thing is starting to get right on my tits, to be honest.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
She would have been forgotten about ages ago if she wasn't white and blond anyway.
you forgot to mention her parents being middle-class professionals... kids go missing in Britain all the time but because they were eating tapas at a 5 grand a week Mark Warner resort and have got the resources to match it stays on the front pages...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
While I can't stand all the tabloid sensationalism and morons who want to grieve by proxy because they don't have anything else in their lives I'm not sure proclaiming a loss of interest is the way to go.

I'm not interested in all the crap surrounding it but do hope she is found. Just a shame this sort of attention isn't focused on the masses of other children who go missing.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Does it matter if they invade a couple of pages of your news paper or a minute on the TV, as long as she is found safe I couldn't give a f***.

So f***ing what you've lost interest you **** people like you are worthles anyway.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Madelaine McCann - do you still give a f***??

Moshe Gariani said:
you forgot to mention her parents being middle-class professionals... kids go missing in Britain all the time but because they were eating tapas at a 5 grand a week Mark Warner resort and have got the resources to match it stays on the front pages...
I think that's harsh. Yes kids do go missing, but it is very rare for kids to be snatched yards from where their parents were eating with the criminals forcing the door in order to do so.

I still care - but for the grace of god and all that...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It will sound awful, but my sympathy for them is waning. There are many thousands of children that go missing each year and many more than are dying of starvation and so on, but do not have this media circus about them. How much good could the money donated/spent to ship them over to meet the Pope, do for the other children? An awful lot in the less developed nations.

Of course I dearly hope that they find her, but the media frenzy especially public prayers with the Pope is outlandish.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Can someone tell me what was that audience with the Pope all about? They only did it because they are Catholic, but how is it going to make any difference .

The kid has gone, and the parents would be better advised to stop publicity-seeking and start proper parenting for the two that are left.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am with Chappers without wanting to sound callous. I feel desperate for the girl and pray she is found alive and soon but the news overkill is offensive , I sick of the sight of the parents, they through their own stupidity and negligance , ie leaving them alone for 50 minutes not 30 and leaving the door unlocked has caused a millions plus pound search and we do not need to see them on the front pages of the papers everyday or need an update very 4 hours even when nothing has happened. A white middle class girl goes missing and the world is turned upside down, thousands of Africa kids are murdered in cold blood in the Tribal wars in Africa every year and it doesn't make a 2 sentance mention on page 17.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
I hope she is found, but I have never really been interested. It has been pissing me off that everyone on Bebo and Myspace all has something to do with Madeline in their names or in their profile. Like it is actually going to help

Prettyboyshaw said:
Does it matter if they invade a couple of pages of your news paper or a minute on the TV, as long as she is found safe I couldn't give a f***.

So f***ing what you've lost interest you **** people like you are worthles anyway.

I've lost interest too.

Of course, I want any child that goes missing to be found. However, I too really couldn't give a f*** about seeing her parents on the tv and in the papers every f***ing day, and getting such special attention like audiences with the Pope all because THEY WERE f***ing STUPID & NEGLIGENT.

I know a Papal blessing won't bring their kid back, but if they hadn't been a pair of ignorant moronic ****s in the first place she would still be with them.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Don't wish her any ILL.

I hope she's being cared for by some mental-case woman who snatched her becuase she lost her own child rather than being raped daily by some sicko ****, but yeah, it is pathetic that we still so transparently give favourable treatment to the white, middle-classes...:shootself

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What I really don't understand with this case is why is it that this particular missing child is receiving so much media attention? Celebrities wearing yellow ribbons, footballers getting involved, and the parents visiting the pope? Is this case any different to any other missing child? I just don't understand. Who decides which case gets what media attention? I could see parents of other missing children getting right f***ed off with it.

Oh, and yes I do still give a f*** and hope and pray she is found.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
I've lost interest too.

Of course, I want any child that goes missing to be found. However, I too really couldn't give a f*** about seeing her parents on the tv and in the papers every f***ing day, and getting such special attention like audiences with the Pope all because THEY WERE f***ing STUPID & NEGLIGENT.

I know a Papal blessing won't bring their kid back, but if they hadn't been a pair of ignorant moronic ****s in the first place she would still be with them.

Yeah, that's probably what I really meant. I was just trying to provoke reaction, kinda makes people say what they really think instead of just yes or no, you know?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I, too, am totally fed up with it. Thousands of kids are kidnapped, raped and murdered all over Uganda etc on a DAILY basis, and we don't hear a sniff. A pretty white girl goes missing, on the other hand, and all the pop stars, millionaire footballers and movie stars come out of the woodwork, subtly promoting themselves in the process.

It's left an extremely nasty taste in my mouth, I have to say.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
readingstockport said:
Personally I still believe that the parents know exactly where the body is.
Why? Is there any evidence to suggest this might be the case. Genuinely curious...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here