Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macbook

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
10% off???

I am both of those things. GIVE ME SOME MONEY to splash out with.

I am obsessed with these beautiful machines and can't wait until I can finally afford one.

I am SO sick of Windoze that I finally bit the bullet and tried Ubuntu Linux recently however NOBODY can make the fucker work on my computer and so I am STUCK with the Microsoft monstrosity.

All that extra money you pay for a Mac is worth it for OSX alone the way I see it.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Exactly, how can one company be so unnaturally dominant?

Apparantly Microsoft has made billionaires of three people besides Bill Gates and an estimated 12,000 millionaires. That is a STAGGERING statistic

I use Ubuntu as my home machine. I love it. If you offered me a Mac I would honestly say no.

Can I ask a question. Can you listen to Seagulls World Live Comm on your Mac?

Apple tells Mac users: Get anti-virus • The Register

Seagulls World does not work on the Mac platform, I had to cancel my subscription when I bought my Mac.
The reason they gave was that there is too much fraud going on and therefore they can't support two platforms!

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I boot back in to Windows for Seagulls world only. It is really frustrating. PTV need to be bought in line and provide services for both Mac & Linux users. It is unfair to paying subscribers that it only works in Windows only.

If they really really wanted to, they could easily support more platforms. There must be another way to protect the content, instead of being forced to us M$ shit.

I cannot understand why the BBC cannot stream the matches online. iPlayer works on all platforms. PTV need to buck up or f*** off out.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I cannot understand why the BBC cannot stream the matches online....

To put it simply, the BBC don't own the rights to the commentary (even though they produce it)

The football league do.

If they really really wanted to, they could easily support more platforms. There must be another way to protect the content, instead of being forced to us M$ shit.

I may be wrong on this, but as for their inability to stream copyrighted protected content to a Mac, you may wish to look a little nearer to home for the reason why.

Don't Apple refuse to allow anyone else to their right management software ?

Last edited:

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
And this is why when things are made Open Source so it works for everyone, regardless of what sodding operating system you use. Microsoft are slowly finding out that locking their code away and being greedy has actually started back firing on them. No one likes it. Apple are starting to do it as well. Wait until Google Android comes out on Mobile Phones. No lock down and I am sure people are free to distribute and maintain the code for it, which makes a better product all round. MYOB would no more about this than me.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And this is why when things are made Open Source it works for everyone, regardless of what sodding operating system you use.

Many of the biggest websites on the web are built using Open Source software and servers, including NSC

Hoes does something being open source make it automatically work on any operating system ?

.. further more, how would go about designing a digital rights system that anyone could view the code for ?

That's the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Yes considering the platform that commits the most fraud because by the law of averages has the most users is the PC platform!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Firefox, Google Earth. May be I am wrong. Please correct If I am. Google Chrome.

Google Earth isn't open source, Firefox is I think.

Something being open source has nothing to do with it working on a number of operating systems although being so, probably makes it more likely that if a version for a particular OS doesn't exists - someone will create one.

Or rather they're bummed into using Microsoft's DRM.

Yes this is true!

Thank you for comments.

Following the rapid growth of a range of video and stream sharing

websites over recent months, a significant volume of content which

is provided on an exclusive basis to subscribers was being made

freely available on the Internet. We have to have a solution that

will satisfactorily safeguard the content.

This has required us to DRM the content and due to changes made

recently we are no longer able to support Apple / Mac products.

Specifically Windows Media Player is longer supported on this

platform and likewise IE6.0.

This has been extended to all our sites and services including

MatchLive, if you can access the service from a Windows machine

supporting the above products, please do so. If however this is not

possible we will offer a refund for your subscription. Please

notify us by return if you wish to take this option.

This company has always since our inception provided all of our

services through and in conjunction with Internet Explorer and

Windows Media Player. We have invested heavily in this technology

along with our customers, all of our content is in this format,

therefore we continued with this platform when introducing a DRM

solution for our clients.

At this time there are no plans to move to a different platform.

Regards

Seagulls World Customer Support

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Google Earth isn't open source, Firefox is I think.

Something being open source has nothing to do with it working on a number of operating systems although being so, probably makes it more likely that if a version for a particular OS doesn't exists - someone will create one.

Thats what I was trying to say, so everyone wins. Without the hard work of these people that work for no money Linux, and other OS would not be where they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here