Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Macbook

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I want to get one but can't really afford it, my only option would be the Apple 3 year payment plan at 16%. Does anyone know any other sites that do better offers?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
a loan from a bank? or a credit card?

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Apple generally have a policy where you won't get vast discounts from somewhere, most prices are generally the same wherever you shop. Look for a 0% credit card and buy it on that.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Do you really want to spend all this money. What are going to able to do on this MAC, that you cannot already do in Windows?

For the same money you could get a top spec PC.

I honestly think your going to be quite dissapointed spending all that money.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Do you really want to spend all this money. What are going to able to do on this MAC, that you cannot already do in Windows?

I'll be even more dissapointed when I try to install Final Cut Pro onto my top spec PC.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing

I used to use a PC, I now use a mac.

I thought I'd buy one to see what it was all about, and in all honesty I prefer it (although, I do come from a linux background and vista is frankly, balls).

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
When I had my month's trial I used CrossOver. so yes!

And malware was always going to happen when OS X became more popular, it's still nowhere near as bad as the amount of Windows viruses.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I dont like Windows, I need to use it for work. However, I am finding Ubuntu great. I got Dreamweaver 8 and Photoshop CS working through Wine-Doors. It's as quick as running it Windows.

Wine-Doors does a better job for some things than crossover does.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Just get a Mac, and install Boot Camp. You can run Windows from your Mac. No need to buy a PC. Best of both worlds.

Also I would struggle running my Final Cut Pro in Windows, or my Logic Studio 8. Or Mainstage Pro. Or Soundtrack Pro.

You get the idea.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I got mine from Gatwick duty free on Friday en route to Bulgaria. £500. Nice.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I want to get one but can't really afford it, my only option would be the Apple 3 year payment plan at 16%. Does anyone know any other sites that do better offers?

If you buy one, you WILL NOT regret it.... Unless you wanna listen to Seagulls world.....

But I'm sure that'll get sorted sooner or later.

I was a windows guy until a couple of years ago, and yes you can get better spec for less, but it's what the computer does with that spec that counts. And in my opinion the macs are far easier to use, far more reliable and just make using a computer far less of a chor.

Get a credit card and go nuts :ascarf:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Exactly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here