Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Wolves had a rep at the game in Bristol watching Lynch.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle C said:
Wolves had a rep at the game in Bristol watching Lynch.

Well they'll have lost their interest in him then.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
could of sworn I saw Iain Dowie going into Woodside road at 7:30 am in a nice personilised reg BMW . .. f k knows why though ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dougal said:
could of sworn I saw Iain Dowie going into Woodside road at 7:30 am in a nice personilised reg BMW . .. f k knows why though ?

Did it have blacked out windows? You'd think it would have to by law - so that his face didn't distract other road users.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richie Morris said:
Wasn't Tony Adams at Withdean for the Crewe game scouting for Pompey?
Yes. He left once the pubs opened.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
On slightly more serious note, I hope Lynch doesn't go in January. For his sake, I think he would be better off getting a whole season of first team games under his belt.
For our sake, a] he should be worth more by the summer - might even get an u-21 call up if we're lucky, and b] you just know he won't be replaced.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
Joel Lynch will be the right age to sign for Pompey in about January 2020

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
DAMANCLAY said:
From what ive heard he will be Signing for Pompey in January.
Go on tell us, who is your source that keeps your finger on the pulse so intently? Could you same source reveal to us why he didn't sign for them in August? Having said that, for what it's worth, I know for a fact Portsmouth have been watching Lynch for well over a year, but then so has pretty much everyone else.

I also think going to Portsmouth within the next two years would be a bad move for Joel Lynch. By that I mean Portsmouth do not have the set-up to cope with emerging young players in the same way that we do. They are Premiership club hell-bent on making money, and with so much sloshing around, Portsmouth may not be able to cope with any problems Lynch may encounter on that score. Not that I am wishing ill-fortune on the lad, or saying he isn't level-headed - far from it. What I am saying is that he is still only 18? 19? He's just not ready to make that leap, even if he was good enough on the park.

What would happen? Lynch, at best, would become a bench-warmer, or be loaned out (we'll take him). At worst, he'd end up under Harry Redknapp's wing, and Christ knows what would end up happening to him.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Lynch will be playing upfront before the year is out (Magoos velvet bag policy)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
. At worst, he'd end up under Harry Redknapp's wing, and Christ knows what would end up happening to him.

A bit like Cole, Lampard, Carrick, Defoe and Johnson? We wouldnt want that now!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Poertsmouth would be the best place for him to go from our viewpoint as we would get the most money from them I imagine. Doubt very much that he would get much of a look in there though with all the cash they have.

I would prefer it if he stayed until at least the end of the season.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£3 million minimum , if Pompey want him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here