Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lynch -being put up front, Why?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Now im just about on MM's side but my opionion is begining to change, after his bizzare substitutions on Sunday. (Dont get me started on Revell's substitution)

After El-Abd had come on I presumed this would free up Santos (who has played up front in his career) to play as a emergency target man.

So why would he possibly put Lynch up instead am racking my brains for any sense in that at all, anyone got any idea?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Err nothing to lose.Has more skill and pace then Santos.Why not?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Now I hate MM. But I think it was because he (Lynch) picked up a knock and couldnt be substituted so he was stuck up front.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
algie said:
Err nothing to lose.Has more skill and pace then Santos.Why not?

Because he has no striking ability at all, As shown by the chance he missed from 4 yards out.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Lynch went up front because he took a knock and MM could not take him off as we had used all 3 subs and being up front meant he was less likely to do any more damage to his injury.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Joel Lynch strikes me as the only player in the current side with a footballing brain. Maybe McGhee thought that could be put to good use in an emergency striker role?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
DAMANCLAY said:
Especially at 3-1 down. He seemed to be running and going in for challenges fine so didn't think it was an injury thing.

Agreed

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tom Hark said:
Joel Lynch strikes me as the only player in the current side with a footballing brain. Maybe McGhee thought that could be put to good use in an emergency striker role?

Spot on.The game was already over.Worth a punt as he might become the new Virgo

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Losing a game with no real chance of winning - just take him off.

Coulds you imagine Dick Knights face if he got a seriuos injury to the most sellable player at the club?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Because as soon as he finds someone who can actually play in their preferred position he likes to move them out of there sharpish and play them in a completely alien role.

*can'twaitforourmosttalentedfielder(Reid)toreverttoleftbackatBristolCity*

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
But surely that is why we signed Revell?

Well he runs about a lot like a big happy eager-to-please labrador. Which is an improvement on some we've had recently. Not particularly effective tho, is he?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest I have been fence sitting for a while about McGhee given the limitations that some people seem happy to ignore but, its getting silly and this playing of people out of position seems to be his signiture move throughout his managerial career.

Doesn't wok does it ? I think Virgo was the exception that proves the rule.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Tom Hark said:
Well he runs about a lot like a big happy eager-to-please labrador. Which is an improvement on some we've had recently. Not particularly effective tho, is he?

:clap:

Lynch always looks usefull when he has the ball as well.Look at that run he did for Harts goal against the Bees

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here