Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua Lua...have I missed something?

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Why are some people arguing with someone who time and time again has been shown to know nothing about football and refuses to move from his belief that he is right. Ignore him and he will go away

Sadly he won't though, unless we start winning again.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lua Lua has probably not had a fair crack at this level, so it would be very doubtful he will want to sign for us, if given the chance, I think he will maybe join one of our rivals in Jan/end of season and we could live to regret it, I cannot see any defender enjoying having him running at you with his strength and pace.Looking at Buckley/Hoskins repeated injuries, we may have bought a couple of duds there and Lua Lua is definitely worth a full/half game VERY soon.
..''may of bought a couple of duds there'' ...fek how many games into the season are we? far to soon to make such a statement

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
..''may of bought a couple of duds there'' ...fek how many games into the season are we? far to soon to make such a statement

Agree, I think we are trying to rush them back from injury too quickly. They seem to be mainly muscle pulls which often affect genuinely quick players and it might be better to give them a bit longer before trying to push them back into the squad.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Noone is a better option at the moment.

KLL needs to:

Get stronger and not fall over like he's been punched in the face when challenged.

Learn to stop ballooning the baal over the bar when he gets into a crossing position.

Be better defensively.

Before he has any right of displacing Noone at the moment. Noone is half his size and doesn't get bullied as much as him

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Lua Lua's been poor this season, when he's played. Starting with the donny game before he came off. Also as someone else has mentions, he offers zero defensive cover. Perhaps against better, quicker fullbacks, he can't get himself that space he needs to go past players - he was great against league 1 fullbacks, when he could go one v one fairly high up the pitch, then simply knock the ball into space and sprint past them.

In his defense... he did suffer a horror injury, so it was always going to take a while to come back into form. Hopefully we'll see him tearing up teams again v soon... starting tomorrow night at watford!

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Noone produced the best display I've ever seen by a Brighton & hove Albion winger at home to sunderland he was unstoppable that night and he along with bridcutt have been our standout players this season.

Lua lua firstly hasn't regained his confidence since injury last season, coupled with the fact his playing against quicker and more intelligent fullbacks who just run him down cul-de-sacs. He could stillbe a useful impact player against tiring defences but I can't see him starting too regularly unless we are festooned with injuries. Let's face it his our 4th choice winger now.

good post Big Nuts! Noone was unplayable that night

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
To me KLL is a 2 trick pony, push the ball pass or cut inside, the defenders in this div. have him sussed. They hit him hard, time and again, and the rival manager overloads the right side so putting Painter under pressure because KLL can't defend. This div. will be very tight for points right to the end and at the moment we really need a left-sided midfield player with pace who can also defend.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Sorry but Noone won us the game against Doncaster. His run and pass for the second goal were sublime. KLL too often runs into a wall.

Exactly, him and obviously Buckley won us that game. It would be great to see more games involving the both of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here